Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cowcaster posted:

once he was out of the way though i managed to bumble through the others more or less ok just using poo poo i had lying around. i’d been relying on the linchpin of onion knight’s physical ultra soul break for so long i had forgot how few and far between the hastes/boosts are. i ended up egging red xiii, a character i think i’ve haven’t used since before i could field a full suite of characters i liked, just because somewhere along the way i picked up his ultra and apparently it’s a haste/boost.

I'm the same. That's the main reason I sorted everything into https://sbs.jaryth.net/ (used the drop tracker first, sorting out the glitches/kinks on that was slightly faster than doing it by hand, then been updating manually as things come in). Looks like my physical boost folks are OK, Quina, Quistis, Red, Ramza, and Tyro (Fantasy Unbound, not a good one).

Got Bartz fire BSB off the NYE half-pull. I'd really like Elarra but I thought Godwall was also on this banner and pulling for two strong-wants out of a metric ton of dupes was more appealing than pulling for one. I now have every Bartz en-element except for earth, and don't use any of them because just using Chosen Traveller and going to town is capping damage most of the time with OK's critboost. At least it's +fire armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cool, i’ll have to check that out. speaking of that though, what’s the most “convenient” in-app way of doing it? i went to the roster tab in the party menu and just started tap-holding on characters until i hit something, i think that’s it, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

cool, i’ll have to check that out. speaking of that though, what’s the most “convenient” in-app way of doing it? i went to the roster tab in the party menu and just started tap-holding on characters until i hit something, i think that’s it, right?

If there's a better way I don't know it. And that just shows equipped SBs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I'm the same. That's the main reason I sorted everything into https://sbs.jaryth.net/ (used the drop tracker first, sorting out the glitches/kinks on that was slightly faster than doing it by hand, then been updating manually as things come in).

That's a site I've been looking for since I came back. I've been tracking everything manually in Excel, so it was easy to just set up a new sheet with just the SB names, save it as a CSV, and upload. Thanks!

I now know that I do not have an Earth Imperil. Not that I need it right now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

That's a site I've been looking for since I came back. I've been tracking everything manually in Excel, so it was easy to just set up a new sheet with just the SB names, save it as a CSV, and upload. Thanks!

I now know that I do not have an Earth Imperil. Not that I need it right now.

All the spreadsheets I found tracked things focused on the weapons. I don't need to know what fire-boosting swords I have, I can sort by that, I needed a "who do I have with astra" because I don't have everyone memorized. And finally found it.

E: that's mostly because all the spreadsheets I found were based off Enlir's master monstrosity, and that does not list SBs in an easily sortable manner. Jaryth did a great job parsing all the raw SB text into separate bits.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I got four discos on the New Years Lucky! Surely this time I will finally get an Orlandeau 6*

We did it, everyone.

Anyway, I decided to complete the RoP. It could have gone better but I got some cool stuff!

T0: Machina BSB
FFT: Agrias USB1
FFXV: Aranea BSB
FFXIV: Minfillia LMR
FFXIII: Snow LMR :barf:
FFXII: Larsa LMR
FFXI: Aphmau BSB dupe
FFX: Paine LMR dupe
FFIX: Zidane OSB :barf:
FFVIII: Selphie BSB2(I think, it is a medica)
FFVII: Zack BSB
FFVI: Terra USB1 :woop:
FFV: Exdeath Brave USB :toot:
FFIV: Ceodore BSB
FFIII: Arc BSB dupe
FFII: Guy LMR/Scott LMR/BSB (does Steiner Math)
FFI: WoL BSB :suicide:

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 1, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

FFIX: Zidane OSB :barf:

Staple the Rune Tooth to your team (preferrably Orlandeau or someone you intend to have clear trash waves with an AOE autobattle) when you grind dailies. Now that we don't have a Greens daily and never will again, it's the only way outside of rare double greens events to get more Fat Choco currency than average.

The OSB sure is an OSB, but at least the statstick it's on has a unique niche.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 1, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The 33-pull is up!

4/33 - Shantotto BSB, Papalymo OSB (dupe), Edgar USB, Garland CSB

Holy poo poo, that's pretty good - Edgar's USB is fantastic and I didn't have a dark chain so those are both top-tier acquisitions.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
4/33 - Strago Chain, Montblanc USB, Krile Glint, Snow LMR

The only water magic I have is Rydia BSB + OSB and Gogo BSB... I wonder if that combined the Strago's chain will be enough to beat Belias.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

2/33, Gilgamesh USB dupe and Galuf CSB, giving me my final element chain. Definitely happy about that!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

5/33 - Relm USB (dupe), Leila BSB (dupe), Braska BSB, Desch USB, and Sice USB. Not bad.

I also poked the New Year Lucky and got...2/11 Cloud USB1/BSB2. Both dupes. Did the pool really have to be that small?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lol six dupes and two pointless lrms

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hey guys, haven't played this in a while after I got burned out on the 5* magicites, just curious to see how much things have changed since then.

Also, I've got 100 mythril right now (and I could probably farm some more with whatever new dungeons / events / record dungeons have come out since then), so what banners should I pull on? I did the 33 pull already and went 6/33, with 3 Ultras (Irvine, Emperor, and Rem), 1 Arcane Overstrike (D. Cecil), and two bursts that I already had. Are any of those worth getting particularly excited about? There's a ton of banners open right now so I have no idea what I should be eyeing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So Master's Ultra is completely unsalvageable, right?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
33 gave me 2 disco balls and 1 5*

Orlandeau OSB(dupe)
Cid Raines OSB
Queen BSSB

meh. More stats for Queen I guess.
Still given my successes in gacha's recently, had to offset somehow. Better right now than later

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

4/33, Terra AOSB (2nd dupe), Ultimacea LMR (dupe), Galuf USB (atk/mag/hastega/enearth, meh), and Selphie BSB (meh)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Auron USB1, Firion USB2, Hope LMR (enholy) and Gaffgarion BSB, no dupes. I'll take it! That's my second +ice hat (the first being lulu bsb I picked up off of AA because I was tired of not having +ice armor :v:) and i think the usb is good too. Probably doesn't make my fire team, almost definitely makes my ice team.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

6/33

Greg USB1 :whitewater:
Ace OSB
Minfillia BSB1
Celes BSB2
Fujin enWind LMR
Gogo VI mimic LMR

Not the best haul, at least I can use Celes better.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Seifer USB1, Ace USB, Jecht dualcast monk LMR, Ceodore Cover LMR

is Cover still a garbo mechanic or did they make it good at some point?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hey guys, haven't played this in a while after I got burned out on the 5* magicites, just curious to see how much things have changed since then.

Also, I've got 100 mythril right now (and I could probably farm some more with whatever new dungeons / events / record dungeons have come out since then), so what banners should I pull on? I did the 33 pull already and went 6/33, with 3 Ultras (Irvine, Emperor, and Rem), 1 Arcane Overstrike (D. Cecil), and two bursts that I already had. Are any of those worth getting particularly excited about? There's a ton of banners open right now so I have no idea what I should be eyeing.

I think you have enough to do the Realm Relic Draw at 5 Mythril for the first draw on each one? I think that comes out to 85 Mythril. Also, farm up some extra and do the New Year's Luck Relic Draw for 25 Myhtril. Beyond that, the thread hasn't been salivating at any of the current banners, so to me, that means they're skippable.

Also, always do your Daily Free Draw.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

I think you have enough to do the Realm Relic Draw at 5 Mythril for the first draw on each one? I think that comes out to 85 Mythril. Also, farm up some extra and do the New Year's Luck Relic Draw for 25 Myhtril. Beyond that, the thread hasn't been salivating at any of the current banners, so to me, that means they're skippable.
You're conflating two things. The Realms on Parade draws are 5 each (for 85 total) and give a 3x draw. They also go away by the end of the fest. The Realm Relic Draws, on the other hand, will last for several months. Those are regular 11x draws, each at a first-time discount of 15 mythril each (for 255 total). Both are quality targets precisely because they're discounted, but Realms on Parade require less mythril and expire more quickly so I'd pursue them first.

Other than that, any draw that is not discounted in some way is not worth it. There are just too many targets on the horizon between all the lucky draws that keep showing up (like a refresh of Realm Relic Draws every six months or so) and the absolutely fabulous Awakenings that debuted on the 4th Anniversary in JP. To give some perspective, while an Awakening can only be used once per battle they give hilarious boosts like boosting the damage cap/granting enelement/granting honeless dualcasts for 15 seconds. They represent such power creep that people on JP can set up auto-battle to clear 5* magicites.

Edit: Yeah, don't forget the Daily Draw. Sometimes they're good now!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Has there been a ton of power creep in the past few months or anything? Like are the 5* magicites much easier now, and is the new content way harder? Basically, how much is taking a long break going to screw me?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Seifer USB1 (pretty bad, but a +fire sword), Reynn USB (decent, +ice thrown :confused:), Tellah BSB (pretty good actually).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got kefka’s usb, and kimahri’s usb. oof.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Has there been a ton of power creep in the past few months or anything? Like are the 5* magicites much easier now, and is the new content way harder? Basically, how much is taking a long break going to screw me?
There has not been much power creep in GL yet, so your break is not a significant issue. Power creep will be showing up in the new future, and IIRC Dark Odin is the only thing so far in JP that's at a level above 5* magicites. Awakenings as mentioned above are the biggest draw, but around the same time we're expecting Sacred Weapons. The whole point with those is that they're really powerful weapons of various kinds with no SBs attached, so they only function as statsticks. The first generation grants all elemental boosts within a given realm, while the second generation only grants one elemental boost but it doesn't require synergy. Either way, you level those up not with your giant overflowing piles of Scarletite but rather by feeding them gear you're not using. All that junk that's 1* through 4*? Save it for a few months if you can before tossing it in the hopper. With this feature we're also expecting Rainbow Weapons, which are junk 5* gear designed as fuel for Sacred Weapons.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Got Bartz's water burst, ultra, and LMR on the 33 pull. Also Vann's ultra (dupe), Red XIII's LMR (dupe), and Kuja's LMR, also a dupe.

Fully dived and leveled Buttz and I don't regret it. Do have a question though, how do his triple and double cast spell blade things interact?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

xanthan posted:

Got Bartz's water burst, ultra, and LMR on the 33 pull. Also Vann's ultra (dupe), Red XIII's LMR (dupe), and Kuja's LMR, also a dupe.

Fully dived and leveled Buttz and I don't regret it. Do have a question though, how do his triple and double cast spell blade things interact?
They proc independently. Whenever he uses a spellblade ability, none might fire, either of the two could fire, or if you get lucky (3.5%) both will fire at once.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The big power creep is coming with the next festival in three months - awakening USBs. You can only use them once per fight, but for the next 15 seconds the character gets:

-damage cap raised to 19,999
-dualcast (like Orlandeau's USB)
-1.3x damage
-hones aren't consumed
-another buff depending on the character, like a cycle or chase

Also an enelement and a 15-hit entry on top of all that. Awakenings are absolutely insane and a lot of people are saving for the next fest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Free 33 gave me 5 6* Relics:
Ashe AOSB
Yda USB1
Prompto USB1 (Dupe)
Meliadoul USB1
Ultimecia USB1

And 5 5* Relics:
Rikku LM2
Galuf LM2
Aranea LM1
Golbez BSB1
Steiner BSB2

Only one dupe? That makes up for the NY draw I did this morning!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

So now that I have an Earth chain for Galuf, I need to figure out who my earth team actually is. I've got earth USBs for Tifa, Dorgann, and Cinque. It looks like Dorgann is the weakest of the options here. However, he could use earth Knight skills and not force me to have to craft and hone a second set of either monk or heavy physical earth skills. So it's:

Tyro (full dive/lmr) : Godwall/entrustbot
Elarra (full dive/lmr) : Magica Album/curada/critical song
Galuf (half dive): Chain/(monk or heavy physical?)

And two of:

Tifa: Double cast USB/meteor crush/gaia rush
Cinque: Heavy Charge +1 USB/grandcharge/stone press
Dorgann: Earth rank-based chase USB/dirtsabre/dirtsabre

Any thoughts on what my best options here are? I can probably at least half dive each dps character.

Edit: Welp, just realized that I have no Earth+ weapon for Tifa, so she's out of the running anyways.

Lights fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 2, 2019

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009
4/33

Sarah USB, Lenn USB ( I don't even know who this is.), Beatrix OSB and Yuffie LMR.

Sometimes it's nice to have been not playing for a while because it means it's harder to get dupes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

It depends on your definition of "unsalvageable".

It's probably the best source of NE damage out there for what little that's really worth nowdays, and on top of that, it still gives him a statboost, Crit Damage Up and a chase move. It's perfectly fine even with things like the Ironfists or Fires Within, it just doesn't quite compare to the force of something like Tifa's or Zell's ultras that go all in on their element.

I'd say it's a solid C-rank. It's good for CMs/the FF1 torment when we get it, and it's still usable if Master is someone you enjoy keepin' around, but it's just "okay", not anything more.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Lights posted:

So now that I have an Earth chain for Galuf, I need to figure out who my earth team actually is. I've got earth USBs for Tifa, Dorgann, and Cinque. It looks like Dorgann is the weakest of the options here. However, he could use earth Knight skills and not force me to have to craft and hone a second set of either monk or heavy physical earth skills. So it's:

Tyro (full dive/lmr) : Godwall/entrustbot
Elarra (full dive/lmr) : Magica Album/curada/critical song
Galuf (half dive): Chain/(monk or heavy physical?)

And two of:

Tifa: Double cast USB/meteor crush/gaia rush
Cinque: Heavy Charge +1 USB/grandcharge/stone press
Dorgann: Earth rank-based chase USB/dirtsabre/dirtsabre

Any thoughts on what my best options here are? I can probably at least half dive each dps character.

Edit: Welp, just realized that I have no Earth+ weapon for Tifa, so she's out of the running anyways.

What magicites are you doing? You should not need to double hone dirtsabre for dorgann since he has rank based chase, you just hone 1 to r5 and you will not run it out. Honestly for most of the fight you won't need more than 6 casts of stuff unless you have thirsty doublecast characters. 5* magicites might be different, I have finished all the 4*s tho.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Alxprit posted:

basically what KataraniSword said - it's not useless, it just doesn't have a place in bleeding edge content like 5* magicite. That said I've fully LD'd him with it and taken him to the top of crystal towers, thru 260 and even 300 difficulty events that featured omniresist bosses and he did quite well. You NEED a critfix though to make it work, I use onion pUSB, Ignis BSB would be more ideal if you got it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Speaking of the 33x pull, I got: (new): Y'shtola USB1, Meliadoul LMR, Rinoa en-earth LMR, Krile BSB2, Irvine BSB1, and (dupes): Tifa OSB, Terra BSB1, Red XIII BSB, King LMR

Pretty miserable pull so I did the New years lucky: (new): Tyro USB1, Bartz earth BSB and (dupes): Cloud USB1, Orlando USB, Orlando LMR

well, that's a disappointment. I got 2 new (good) lmr's from my XV realm pull at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I only got 2 usbs queens and frans, but at least they weren't dupes

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I got Shantotto CSB, Aranea LMR and Faris USB2 (dupe). I already have Kain's CSB but it's nice to know the option of magic lightning is there if I want it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I got dupe Wol (the bad one) usb, Jecht osb and Mog lmr. Least it was free but still. :argh:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

DeadButDelicious posted:

I got Shantotto CSB, Aranea LMR and Faris USB2 (dupe). I already have Kain's CSB but it's nice to know the option of magic lightning is there if I want it.

When you get to 5* magicite having both a magic and physical team becomes necessary so itll be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Strago OSB, dupe Machina USB, Ceodore USB. Sigh.

More rage pulling on VI-2 got me Gogo USB, am I wrong or does this actually look sort of good?