Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Zack Ater posted:

Route C - Nooooooo, not the amusement park! My good friends :negative: At least the party tank is still partying along :unsmith:

Though.... if even the amusement park wasn't safe, I'm getting concerned about Pascals village....

:ohdear:

Zack Ater posted:

loving HELL

:yokotaro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I want to say something like "at least the children got away safely," but....

But it's not quite going to turn out that way, is it :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zack Ater posted:

Route C - Nooooooo, not the amusement park! My good friends :negative: At least the party tank is still partying along :unsmith:

Though.... if even the amusement park wasn't safe, I'm getting concerned about Pascals village....

:ohdear:

Zack Ater posted:

loving HELL

:yokotaro:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zack Ater posted:

dont worry, there's a refugee camp

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Zack Ater posted:

loving HELL

Zack Ater posted:

nier_automata.txt

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zack Ater posted:

Just remember. No-one stops.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Even half-expecting it, that was a gut-punch. I spent several minutes thinking about what to do about Pascal... In the end, I decided to do what he asked, but it sure sucks either way. I think I'm going to take a break for now...

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

It only gets worse from here, friend. No one stops.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zack Ater posted:

Even half-expecting it, that was a gut-punch. I spent several minutes thinking about what to do about Pascal... In the end, I decided to do what he asked, but it sure sucks either way. I think I'm going to take a break for now...

Just make sure to visit him later to see how hes doing

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

RE: lategame Pascal am I the only person who walked away without doing anything?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It didn't occur to me that you could do that. Also a pretty sad option!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Boogalo posted:

RE: lategame Pascal am I the only person who walked away without doing anything?

I did that the first time, actually. Then, I realized grinding some parts post game would be super hard without doing it. So, I went back.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

Just make sure to visit him later to see how hes doing

Does anyone have that clip of the VAs playing the game and discovering that little secret?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hunt11 posted:

Does anyone have that clip of the VAs playing the game and discovering that little secret?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TszeUg671Qc

about 1 hour 20 minutes in

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zack Ater posted:

loving HELL

There we go

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Boogalo posted:

No, I did it too. My thought was that if he was still alive with the knowledge he had, he could potentially still help machine children that still exist. I didn't want to assist someone in suicide, and erasing his memories is essentially the same thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just finished route A after 22 hours (did all the side quests I could), looking forward to encountering whatever loving HELL is later this week.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1080305084544610304

Bless this weirdo skeleton man.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Midjack posted:

Just finished route A after 22 hours (did all the side quests I could), looking forward to encountering whatever loving HELL is later this week.

it's rather telling that the game gives you the title drop (and opening credits) right when you finish the first route. buckle up, my dude, you are in for a WILD ride

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Etk8TGa50&t=1007s
(game starts at 16:47 if you want to skip the intro/attempts to game capture Automata's terrible pc port)

I have also recently started to stream the game for anyone who would like to watch my no-spoilers "blind... ish" playthrough. I know the broad strokes and some about the gameplay intricacies, but I've never actually played the game myself for more than a few hours, so I think it makes for a good compromise between stumbling blind and knowing vaguely what I'm doing.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 2, 2019

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Too about the person he's responding to. :shrug:

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Radio Free Kobold posted:

it's rather telling that the game gives you the title drop (and opening credits) right when you finish the first route. buckle up, my dude, you are in for a WILD ride

The way they use credits in this game is fantastic. One of the most memorable moments for me is in route C when they're escaping from the bunker and the choir is singing and "Directed By Yoko Taro" comes up. It's like it's saying, "Here it is, this is what you've been waiting for. This is the start of the story, this is when poo poo goes down". I still get chills thinking about it. Then when the tower goes up and shoots out the resource units, and it's "Nier: Automata" right above it." Just an amazing introduction.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

yeah that's the bit i was thinking of. thanks for correcting me.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

can someone say what’s up with the bunny statue yallre talkin about. I never saw one of those

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

b_d posted:

can someone say what’s up with the bunny statue yallre talkin about. I never saw one of those

there's a big statue of a bunny at the entrance of the amusement park.

if you wail on it for like 5 minutes, it comes to life and beats the poo poo out of you. you get like 3 level ups so it's worth killing. Just play as 9S and hack it after it gets aggro

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The bunny barely reacts when you're hitting it at low level, so it's hard to tell if it's actually working. However, you can see the feet slightly slide in position on the monument over time as long as you keep hitting it so it'll eventually wake up.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

there's a big statue of a bunny at the entrance of the amusement park.

if you wail on it for like 5 minutes, it comes to life and beats the poo poo out of you. you get like 3 level ups so it's worth killing. Just play as 9S and hack it after it gets aggro

Or you wail on it for 15 minutes with a high level character and it never wakes up.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
you need to be like level 70+ to do appreciable damage to the bunny. Lower than like 50-something you do literally zero damage due to the way level scaling works.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
You really need to be 60 and using the Blade program helps a LOT. Especially when charged to level 3.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGd7zRMtIo&t=886s

Here is part 2 of my stream, starts at 14:45 in case the timestamp link doesn't take you there. Note that this stream is actually a re-do of a failed part 2 that covered exactly the same territory. I occasionally make jokes about this awful technological failure throughout the stream.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I used the bunny to max grind starting at level 65ish. One chip set of nothing but attack+>4 and a second chip set of nothing but XP+>4. Took me about 5 - 7 minutes of wailing on it to wake it up. Swap chip sets. Hack it to kill it. Each entire run took about 10 - 15 min. I would gain 3 - 7 levels each time.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I've been doing that tonight, started around 66. Crit weapon, crit chips, damage chips, and exp chips. You can taunt it before you wake it up! Then use a charged bomb program or something. It's great.

I'm trying to fully upgrade my last pod - I need 4 more elaborate gadgets, and 1 more powerup part M. Does anyone have any suggestions on good places to find those?

I also need some more enemy data; is there a convenient list I could reference to see what I'm missing, and where they can spawn?

Thanks!

Finished route C, I'm waiting to post anything about it until after D, which I assume is the obvious thing to do, go back and choose the one I didn't the first time for the fight.

e: Also, relatively early-game character spoiler: Emil's so wonderful :3: I didn't know his song had actual lyrics until I got to that point in TDI's LP, the only two that ever seemed to play for me were the sped-up lyrics-less one and the nonsense lyrics one, which is the best :allears:

EVERY BOP'S A BOO! EVERY BOOP'S A BOP!

Best boy indeed.

His house quest is being a bit buggy for me, though...

Telum fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 5, 2019

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There’s also an E ending and it’s very easy to “skip” D and go straight into E but you shouldn’t really worry about it because E is the same as D up until [REDACTED].

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just about to begin the endgame mission sequence on Route B. I feel a little bad about how the Father Servo sequence ended. To that end I also get the feeling that the game is winding up to lay a massive guilt trip on the players at some point.

I hope to complete B tomorrow and get stuck in on C over the weekend - I've done nearly all the sidequests as they became available so C will only be the new sidequests and plot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finished B and got the trailer for C and D. It took forever to beat Speed Star, of course you kicked my rear end when you were flying. The conclusion and my feelings on it were similar to Father Servo.

Route C beginning after dinner!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Finished B and got the trailer for C and D. It took forever to beat Speed Star, of course you kicked my rear end when you were flying. The conclusion and my feelings on it were similar to Father Servo.

Route C beginning after dinner!

You're in for a time.

I'm not saying a good time or a bad time. I'm simply saying whatever kind of a time it is, it will very much be that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

You're in for a time.

I'm not saying a good time or a bad time. I'm simply saying whatever kind of a time it is, it will very much be that.

Yeah, opening the game with YoRHa being wiped out and 2B dying was a heck of a thing. I've been doing sidequests and so I'm just before the 9S tower hacking story mission. In the Gathering Keepsakes mission I just made it to the Amusement Park which was sad to see and has me worried about Pascal's Village.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Very, very, final end spoilers: OF COURSE I WANT TO HELP, POD YOU DUMMY

Such a good game. Such an amazing, beautiful game. I'm bawling my eyes out right now, I'll come back later to talk about it.

also midjack hurry up and play more you're killing me

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

And now you are cursed. Like us, you will never be able to play this game for the first time ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Yeah, opening the game with YoRHa being wiped out and 2B dying was a heck of a thing. I've been doing sidequests and so I'm just before the 9S tower hacking story mission. In the Gathering Keepsakes mission I just made it to the Amusement Park which was sad to see and has me worried about Pascal's Village.

I was right to be concerned. :smith: