Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

TF1 GOOD

TF2 BETTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1075561435474903040

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:thumbsup:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Pls dont be mobile game

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It's a Madden crossover called Tight End Fall

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
It's a straight to Netflix collaboration with Hajime Isayama called Attack On Titanfall.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
A cross-over with Goat Simulator where you can put the goat into a giant kangaroo pouch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this but the robot version

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ZeusCannon posted:

Pls dont be mobile game
They already played that card. They made some sort of weird instantly forgettable semi-MOBA thing that ran like garbage.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

limited posted:

They already played that card. They made some sort of weird instantly forgettable semi-MOBA thing that ran like garbage.

Honestly Titanfall could be made to fit the MOBA mold with relatively minimal changes to the standard gameplay, at least for the Titan parts of the game, admittedly it would take some work to get the Pilot parts to fit properly

But then again I was one of those people who really liked Battleborn and would love to see more FPS/MOBA hybrids

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FD felt pretty MOBA to me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Titanfall 2 already has MOBA elements, it just has the good elements rather than the lovely ones

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Please do not launch it in between Battlefield and CoD this time. A summer AAA release would own.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

FD felt pretty MOBA to me

Really hope they fix Frontier Defense for the next game, cause as fun as it can be, it has some major issues too

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Titanfall 2 already has MOBA elements, it just has the good elements rather than the lovely ones

Mind clarifying what you think are the good MOBA elements and which are the bad ones?

Guillermus posted:

Please do not launch it in between Battlefield and CoD this time. A summer AAA release would own.

Agreed should definitely be a Spring or Summer release instead of a Fall or Winter one

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Mind clarifying what you think are the good MOBA elements...

The loving mechs, dude

drrockso20 posted:

and which are the bad ones?

Everything else from the genre

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Watch it be a switch port. I would genuinely love a Titanfall Ultimate on Switch. I'd even try and learn how to play with analog sticks for it!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The mobile Titanfall game had some neat ideas that would be cool to see in first person. Such as infantry thermite sprayers, titans that punch, and some neat Ronin variants.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My wife knows I'm a nerd and gifted me this:

I'm actually surprised by the quality of this stainless steel mug. Perfect for winter videogaming.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I saw a second hand Tf2 shirt in Buffalo Exchange and I didnt buy it because i am the biggest loser

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly Titanfall could be made to fit the MOBA mold with relatively minimal changes to the standard gameplay, at least for the Titan parts of the game, admittedly it would take some work to get the Pilot parts to fit properly

But then again I was one of those people who really liked Battleborn and would love to see more FPS/MOBA hybrids
Nothing wrong with a FPS MOBA, because as pointed out, it's basically Frontier Defense with knobs on. Hell, I'd love to see the AI fighting kicked up a notch, if I can't get Battlefield-esque player counts on huge maps.

The mobile game they made was some weird bastard of top-down card-based capture-the-point MOBA-esque stuff, and the fact nobody else can remember it here pretty much shows how memorable it was.

A quick bit of wikipedia-fu shows that they originally were planning a card game called frontline ( I still have the ad for it in my game case! ) which got canned, and the game I'm thinking of was Titanfall Assault, but they nuked the servers less than a year later so it doesn't exist anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I saw a second hand Tf2 shirt in Buffalo Exchange and I didnt buy it because i am the biggest loser

I never even knew Buffalo exchange was a chain.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I never even knew Buffalo exchange was a chain.

Apparently they have "49 stores in 17 states"

PDX has 2.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I just bought this game on sale, is it dead?

I'm fine if I just rebought the campaign since I last played it on PS4, worth it to play that again, but I did give them their $2.50 for the deluxe edition with what I assume is multiplayer doodads.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Soul Glo posted:

I'm fine if I just rebought the campaign since I last played it on PS4, worth it to play that again, but I did give them their $2.50 for the deluxe edition with what I assume is multiplayer doodads.

Extra $2.50 unlocks all of the titans/weapons in MP, makes things a little more fun since there are a ton of Gen50 publords out there.

Game is not dead, MP is still fun, even if you're rusty!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Soul Glo posted:

Quite active on both consoles, PC is pretty slim.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

MP is still alive if you play attrition, bounty hunt, or frontier defense, which is enough to have tons of fun. Most of the less popular modes are dead.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
I can't find the post now, but someone just recently recommended the Alternator as a good weapon. I've played a lot of this game, but still have plenty of weapons to try and mess around with. And upon trying the Alternator, it sucks!

Also trying the Grenadier weapons for the first time. And I don't think I like them one bit. What does everyone think of this class of weapon?

This game is still fun as hell. Favorite shooter of the generation. Nothing plays like it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
The Alternator is good as hell if your playstyle is "sprint around at full speed and never ADS ever"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

grenadier weapons have a steep learning curve but can be really fun once you learn to use them. The EPG in particular can make for some really satisfying kills.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Twat McTwatterson posted:

I can't find the post now, but someone just recently recommended the Alternator as a good weapon. I've played a lot of this game, but still have plenty of weapons to try and mess around with. And upon trying the Alternator, it sucks!

Also trying the Grenadier weapons for the first time. And I don't think I like them one bit. What does everyone think of this class of weapon?

This game is still fun as hell. Favorite shooter of the generation. Nothing plays like it.

It should be hipfired like a six-shooter.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

grenadier weapons have a steep learning curve but can be really fun once you learn to use them. The EPG Softball in particular can make for some really satisfying kills.

:colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Sounds like you need to stop blaming the weapons for your lack of skill, sir. :blastu:

Alternator needs to be tap fired for best results also as mentioned, it's a gun for use if you're a speed demon who never aims down sights. It's pretty dang accurate and the damage is good, offset by the small mag/clip/whatever the correct gun nerd term is.

Softball is fun, think of it like a sticky grenade launcher but like the rest of the grenadier weapons, works best if you're aiming from above.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Alternator is classically combined with Stim and 'nades. It's a great build, though I eventually went back to the R97 after a while.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The grenadier weapons are for farming grunts and having sick fun with flying around and dropping explosions. EPG is essentially the rocket launchers from 90's arena shooters, the Softball can drop grenades behind you while running from somebody for great traps. The Cold War is weird in that direct hits by the projectile do significantly less damage than the blast. Having the P2016 to finish off the last sliver of health pilots will constantly have is mandatory, don't usually bother with a second Cold War shot unless you are above your target still.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The epg owns

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I just picked the game up and beat the campaign, what a fun ride. Gonna try my hand at some multiplayer now -- I checked the Discord link in the OP, but it seems to have expired. Is there a working link somewhere that I'm missing? Also, I've joined the LLJK network in-game.

Pottsdam
Sep 11, 2000

MY MEAT!
MY MEAAAATTTTT!
Should I get this for PC or PS4?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Pottsdam posted:

Should I get this for PC or PS4?

Gonna vote PS4. Player pop on pc is very low and dominated by the hardest of the hardcore. PS4 has ~2k usually on which can populate almost every mode.

If you only care about single player then maybe PC, but it runs at a solid 60 FPS on console anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

PS4 has the best, most faithful, and handsome population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Plays good with a mouse tho.

Also I'm pretty mediocre and I never had an issue with the supposed super elite Gamers ruining the PC version for normal people with jobs. I'm usually near the middle of the scoreboard but games are only rarely one sided.

Stan Taylor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 3, 2019