Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

nerd plus rage posted:

Fresh from the hopper it's a new episode of: Guess the Hobby!

edit: he's going off in the comments

my ludicrously expensive plastic mans game is too advanced for you, traveler

It was either going to be warhammer or dragon dildos, when you said really expensive hooby I went straight to astrophotography but lucky he's not that crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Family asks for free artwork.

So I am a part time painter. I don’t frequently sell artwork, maybe only once a month. The art that I sell is typically small and sold to/commissioned by friends and is typically sub $100.

This Christmas, I sold about five small paintings and gave two as gifts to family members. After seeing that two people received them as a gift, I was bombarded by other family members who wanted paintings, including my mother. Many times I was told “we paid for your supplies in high school...” or “come on, for family!” And I keep politely putting my foot down, even offering a discount to try and appease them... nothing. I refuse to budge on my minimum price as a way to show that I take my artwork seriously even though it is not my main source of income.

Then my grandma called me greedy for not giving her two free paintings for her friends. I just about snapped.

How can I explain to a family of non-artists how important this is to me and why I can’t give my art away? It seems like I need to be overly harsh for them to get the idea (hence the issue with my grandmother) and I HATE being like that. Any advice?

TL;DR my family wants free artwork from me and they don’t understand why I want payment. How can I get through to them?

you can’t. they will always relate to you as your drunk uncle on thanksgiving does to your dog trying to get it to do tricks he vaguely remember. you see, they think all those roseart colored pencils they gave you in middle school were really helpful

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Moon Atari posted:

The goal isn't to get a high profile person inaccurately labelled a nazi by virtue of performing the ok sign out of ignorance. The goal is to get online progressive people to clumsily and obnoxiously argue that the ok symbol is racist, to declare something common to now belong to white nationalists and in doing so lose it to them.

They started it after noticing how Pepe suddenly became reported as a racist symbol (possibly entirely thanks to the Hillary Clinton campaign) and thought it was hilarious given 4channers had tried to 'reclaim' pepe by making edgelord memes for years, and decided to try to take advantage of paranoid and credulous ultrawokes by 'claiming' innocuous things (the OK sign, drinking milk, various other things no one remembers) as Nazi symbols to create that exact reaction. It's been about as successful as forced memes usually are on average.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

In that case:

It's gotten pretty rare when it comes to "stuff you do with your hands on camera" so by all means let them think they're stealing something common. It's like when you see someone in the US spell it "marihuana," or use the term "ethnics." There's generally ample evidence beforehand to anticipate where they're going with it, nobody's going to just assume you're a nazi based on a dorky hand sign unless you're already carrying some curiously red white and black baggage.

People aren't nuanced enough to maintain the argument as only being in relation to performing it in photos. Google the articles discussing it or most of the online discussion. They will concern the ok gesture, not "posing with the ok gesture in a photo". The photos are only relevant as the proof that white nationalists are doing it. And the entire point of the troll is that it is something they can repetitively do to claim more and more innocuous signifiers, confident that their opponents will play along.

But most importantly, and for the third post in a row: an innocent person inaccurately being labelled a white supremacist is irrelevant, both to their goals and my concerns. All they need to do is to get people to publicly argue that a formerly acceptable thing is now problematic or a faux pass. Then when people who do have some strong attachment to whatever the innocuous thing is (or who simply don't like having to comply with ever increasing elite manners) get irritated by the faceless internet hoard telling them they aren't allowed to have their thing anymore or that their thing isn't worth defending said people will become less sympathetic to arguments that something is racist. They are playing with predictable progressive tendencies, forcing their opposition into self-parody.

The correct response to nazis intentionally trying to get you to do something is to push back against it, not follow their orders.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
20 Female. An interesting far from normal relation submitted an hour ago * by xlittlestx

quote:

Hello Reddit ♡ I have finally decided to put a story out here and see what most people think. You often get blinded by your feelings or circumstances.
Warning /// This post may contain things you've never heard of and lifestyles that may not be for you. If you continue reading, please keep an open mind and don't judge.

March 2017 ~ I met a person named Stephen online from NL. He was a sugar daddy, aged 31. He enjoys spoiling as much as I enjoy being spoiled. I was 18 at the time (older guys have always been my type), we exchanged texts over the months. We both found out that we have common kinks (BDSM + DDLG). We also shared the same religion, which was incredible. He was tall and dark, my type. Over the months, he would send me money just to spend for fun.

Start of September 2017 ~ He came to the U.K. we met face to face for the 1st time. He was a smoker, (I used to smoke at the time). He was also a stoner like myself so we clicked. His 1st visit went decently alright, we started a long distance/real life relationship.

End of September 2017 ~ He came again, it was my birthday and he wanted to make it special. It was a fabulous birthday. I had my phone privileges taken away from my family so he gave me one of his 2017 brand new phones. In both his visits to me, I never spent a penny. Everything was always covered by him. Taxis, hotels, food and expenses. Everything. He was ready to have a conversation with my dad but my dad refused to meet him.

December 2017 ~ He was supposed to come for new year but lost his ID "someone stole the money, cigarette pack and ID when he was in the gym". So I went instead, flights and everything was covered by him. We had a good time. He told me he would apply and get his ID before March.

January 2018 ~ I go again, from the start I made it clear I didn't want to have sex. It was always respected, we did other sexual activities but never had sex.

February 2018 ~ I went twice, valentine was incredible. Bare in mind, he always made sure we booked the best hotels 4 or 5 star hotels. Best restaurants as well. I gave him a very nice gift for valentine and I was also ready to have sex. And it happen. On valentine, he knelt and proposed to me, said I am his one and only and can't imagine a life without me.

March 2018 ~ Same old, I go again to NL, it became a routine by now. We had kinky bedroom activities. Later that month I realize I didn't get my period. I curse that Morning after pill that didn't work Lol. I also decide to not have sex again until I'm ready to handle the circumstances of things going wrong. I had an abortion and he was aware of everything from the beginning and told me to make the final descision.

April 2018, May 2018, June 2018 I carried going to visit once a month. Never paying for anything, he also helped me pay for my driving lessons. The plan was for him to come and have a talk with my step mum but his process in getting his papers kept getting delayed. I was aware that I am a gullable person and that's why it was important for me he sits down and has a conversation with an older person. Since he doesn't get along with his family, and is the black sheep in his family (we have that in common, that's why I live with my step mum. I am the daughter of a narcissistic mother) Because I have met him online, all i know about him is things he told me. In the end of June I got a new 2018 phone delievered home because the other was a year old.

July 2018 ~ I go for the last time, I make it clear that I am tired of waiting for him to re-do his papers. I am no longer going back to NL until he sorts his life out.

Communication starts to be on and off, I remain patient for 3 months while confronting him about how communication is needed in a LDR. Make ×10 because I am a Little. I lost my one and only best friend I had and that crushed me to pieces. I spent a sad birthday in September. I was starting to have so many signs of depression and let go of many things.

October 2018 ~ During a call, when I was able to get a hold of him I mention to him that I can no longer carry on with not much communication between us. (Gives different explainations as to why he couldn't communicate) I make it clear I want an open relationship. He wasn't the best fan of the idea but he accepted it. I also make it clear that by Christmas if he doesn't have his life sorted we are over.

November/December 2018 ~ He's in a mental institution (????) My feelings on the subject exactly! Since July I do not know much detail about what happen in his life due to the lack of communication. He told me that he now has applied for his passport (will be recieving it this week)

If you're into bdsm & reading - During this period I learnt that he is a Dominant but not a Dom. He certainly needs a mentor and to learn so much about the lifestyle to become a Dom.

It is now January 2019, made it clear to him that we are now JUST friends. He said that he needs only 2 more weeks to come to the U.K. and sort this out. I made it clear that for now we are only friends and if he wants to change things he will have to prove it by actions. He said that he has finished saving to provide for me the life that I deserve.

What I want is a life that's clear just like black and white. I am tired of being confused or kept in the blur of not knowing.

I feel like I might have left some thingd out, I did try put 2 years in one post so if you have any questions I'll happily answer.

This was my way to vent and maybe share my thoughts, as I am 20 now. But I do not have the wisdom or knowledge somene else may have due to young age. I do not want to make a mistake and regret it in 10 years time just because of lack of knowledge.

Thank you for reading ♡

TL;DR - An interesting relation of a female teenager that is now 20. looking for advice and input on a long distant/real life relation that recently ended.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

People aren't nuanced enough to maintain the argument as only being in relation to performing it in photos. Google the articles discussing it or most of the online discussion. They will concern the ok gesture, not "posing with the ok gesture in a photo". The photos are only relevant as the proof that white nationalists are doing it. And the entire point of the troll is that it is something they can repetitively do to claim more and more innocuous signifiers, confident that their opponents will play along.

But most importantly, and for the third post in a row: an innocent person inaccurately being labelled a white supremacist is irrelevant, both to their goals and my concerns. All they need to do is to get people to publicly argue that a formerly acceptable thing is now problematic or a faux pass. Then when people who do have some strong attachment to whatever the innocuous thing is (or who simply don't like having to comply with ever increasing elite manners) get irritated by the faceless internet hoard telling them they aren't allowed to have their thing anymore or that their thing isn't worth defending said people will become less sympathetic to arguments that something is racist. They are playing with predictable progressive tendencies, forcing their opposition into self-parody.

The correct response to nazis intentionally trying to get you to do something is to push back against it, not follow their orders.

Either way this leads to a simple solution to this for the Dad - show the daughters some typical alt-righters doing it and it will immediately become forever uncool

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

christmas boots posted:

Husband and I are having our longest fight ever and I don't know what to do

Some dudes apparently get really weird sexually once their spouses become "mom". She can't say the word sexy in front of their 7 month old?

Or (and this is definitely the case with reptile boy) they are freaking out about being a dad and trying to sabotage the relationship.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

nerd plus rage posted:

This one was tutorial level easy because those guys all sound/act/think/ruin relationships exactly the same way. Loving the one-two punch of "what was I supposed to do, go easy on her for the first game?" and "I think logically because I'm an engineer :smug:". He deserves the typical wh40k romance of "alone in his basement yelling memes at others".

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
He should be thankful his GF doesn't share his interest

Also holy lol I missed that age gap at first

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

This one was tutorial level easy because those guys all sound/act/think/ruin relationships exactly the same way. Loving the one-two punch of "what was I supposed to do, go easy on her for the first game?" and "I think logically because I'm an engineer :smug:". He deserves the typical wh40k romance of "alone in his basement yelling memes at others".

'hundreds of dollars just to get started' was the real big giveaway for me

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Brother Entropy posted:

'hundreds of dollars just to get started' was the real big giveaway for me

Yeah the money involved is insane. I hadn't really heard of it until one of my old roommates got into it and he was spending like 200 a month on it. Good thing I have healthier habits like alcoholism.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It seems like I need to be overly harsh for them to get the idea (hence the issue with my grandmother) and I HATE being like that. Any advice?

Reddit

Help

They do bad thing

I no want say they do bad thing

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

My favorite part is “get interested in her hobbies? Nah she likes yoga, that poo poo is boring.”

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Pro move is not sharing all of your hobbies with your s/o so you have time for yourself.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Smirking_Serpent posted:

boyfriend’s addiction to sleep???

hey guys. i’m (18F) new to this reddit thing so please bear with me.

so my boyfriend, who’s (17M) ( & who’s the sweetest guy on this earth) has literally been spending most of his time sleeping, in the day.

it’s like i’m constantly anticipating for his replies but i only get them 2 or 3 hours later because he claims he “accidentally fell asleep”. either that or he just gives me late replies without an explanation and of course my conclusion would be that he’d fallen asleep. thing is, he agrees that he just can’t stop falling asleep because he’s “really tired”.

i’m at a lost of what to do because it’s becoming a daily problem and i really love him so much i want to spend more time with him but this sleeping issue is really really a big deal :(((( sad

TL;DR : anybody have any good advice on dealing with this constant falling asleep issue?

He’s probably ghosting her, but this was literally me a year ago. Turned out I have sleep apnea.

If boyfriend isn’t a jerk, get him a CPAP and he’ll feel like a new man.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I bring you...

Tales from the Estranged Parent Forums

A tale about the worst daughter a mother could have, a truly vile subhuman creature.

quote:

So, next week I am meeting with my lawyer. I have a trust and a will that includes my ED with the other three. She is currently power of medical attorney in the event of my hospitalization. I am changing that. LOL! after this last bout of her ignorning her 90 year old grandfather, and not responding when I tried to discuss her distance I am seriously thinking of either cutting her out or severely limiting any inheritance she would be entitled to. I would still give her certain items I believe belong to her, but no money. This is a condrumdum for me. During my divorce from her father, she was the only one who stood by me. Over the years she has been a strong ally, interspersed with alientiation. The push pull, on off, silence talk thing has wore me out. I haven’t seen her nor spoken to her voice for 2 years now. Only text, and it is very brief. She lives a life I know nothing about nor does she care to share it. I am blocked from her social media, but she follows me. Her silences are frustrating and hurtful yet, she has her significant others family all over! I just don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to be spiteful. She was a huge and very powerful and positive part of my life and she is my flesh and blood. But at this point, she has not only hurt me, she is hurting her siblings and her grandfather with seemingly no remorse or self reflection. If she has any of this, it is unknown to me. I have one week to figure it out. I am changing the medical power to my youngest who has agreed….writing her out, not sure what to do. I look to you kind souls for some advice, experience, and knowledge.

I wonder what reason this terrible daughter has for not interacting with her wonderful mother. She sounds perfectly norma-

quote:

This is what I get after a lifetime of commitment and trying to do right. Now that I am older, 63 in april I have never felt more alone or betrayed. I have made my share of mistakes, boy howdy is that a true statement. Yet, my intentions have been striving for what is good and right. I am surrounded by people that think of only themselves. Their goals, their wants, their behaviors that have little desire to know me. Im talking about co-workers, family, husband, in-laws. Co-workers expect me to take up their slack and when I speak up for myself they say Im the one with the problem. My ED doesn’t give a drat, she has been taken over by the world and its lust for self. My husband cares little if any for my feelings, he is so wrapped up in his own world and his family, My in-laws don’t care enough to simply thank me personally for any gift or nicety that I extend to them. It seems the people I have in my life see me as a tool to use for their benefit, with little or no regard for how I feel. When I speak up, look out, Im being selfish. Its depressing. As I sit here this morning, I feel completely empty. Void of feeling expect for defeat. My ED has broken my heart.

Funny, how it is so easy for them to treat me poorly and throw me away. I feel like trash after a lifetime of striving, providing, and putting my love out there to help the ones I love. Whats the point? She turned her back on her father when she was a teen and has never looked back. SHe is 35 now and I feel like now that she has made it known that she wants nothing to do with me, she will never look back again. I cannot begin to tell you how heartbreaking this knowledge is to me. It was something I tried to avoid knowing how she is, but yet, here we are. So all this me too, stuff going on, guess what? At 63 I can say me too, And that’s a sad reality. I don’t think I will ever see her again. What a waste.

Yikes!

quote:

My ed has hurt more than me. Her siblings are bewildered as well. On Xmas her sisters were here lamenting her absence and one called her the grinch. Although it is my rule we don’t speak disparagingly of the ed, I looked at my daughter and said but Christmas came just the same. She smiled and we sang The Who song together. Da who dor Ray day who dor Ray welcome Christmas….I’m grateful for that moment .

quote:

The biggest bafflement in this latest episode is I had asked her if I had done something wrong…her reply (through text of course) was no mom, you didn’t do anything wrong! With a big heart! Its confounding I tell you. This generation is selfish, and misleading….

quote:

My oldest daughter has always been tough, she was born one month after my own mother died. We were very close for a long time, or so I thought. At 19 she married and that’s when the turning started. I one point she said out of the blue, you can’t make me talk to you”. The E comes and goes over the years. She has been married twice, divorced twice and is currently with another man. Both very successful and living a big life of travel, nice home and HIS family. She has turned her back on us except for a a text or flowers on mother’s day or my birthday. She has really nothing to do with her siblings but is it seems involved with her mans family a lot. I asked her once why she doesn’t want anything to do with us and she said “mom, ever think it has nothing to do with you? I’m on anti depressants”. Funny, she seems pretty good in pics with him, his family, and her travels. I tried to talk to her for this Christmas as she told me she couldn’t make it. I asked her for a phone call, a short visit if not for anything but her 90 year old grandfather. Silence. I then said if that’s what you want then fine and she said “ok”. Nothing on Xmas, no text no call. I texted her today and simply asked if she wanted her grandfathers gift mailed and once again silence. I have no clue. But here we are yet again…silence. On again off again. It’s driving me nuts!

She sounds exhausting.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Scouring pictures of people on the internet for "any clue!" they might be secretly signalling their allegiance to white supremacy ideology borders on being as pathetic and dull as actually being a secret white supremacist, trying to signal their allegiance to white supremacy in pictures on the internet.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

Scouring pictures of people on the internet for "any clue!" they might be secretly signalling their allegiance to white supremacy ideology borders on being as pathetic and dull as actually being a secret white supremacist, trying to signal their allegiance to white supremacy in pictures on the internet.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
there is a distinct lack of face punching in that picture and for that I am sad

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the internet makes it easy to poison anything and it’s very hard to stop it, because it works on consensus. kinda like when that soap company that had a swastika logo tried to do a campaign of “we won’t let hitler take this from us!!” and welp

on a related note I rewatched twin peaks and all the “okay” gestures were weirdly jarring in current context

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ravenkult posted:

I bring you...

Tales from the Estranged Parent Forums

A tale about the worst daughter a mother could have, a truly vile subhuman creature.

Mother is probably a total chud or something.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the internet makes it easy to poison anything and it’s very hard to stop it, because it works on consensus. kinda like when that soap company that had a swastika logo tried to do a campaign of “we won’t let hitler take this from us!!” and welp

on a related note I rewatched twin peaks and all the “okay” gestures were weirdly jarring in current context

i searched for the soap company and found this instead

https://www.swastikaco.com/

wtf

e: its indian peeps in india, i just noticed

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if its the irish swastika laundry you are thinking of they kept the logo from 1912 until 1987 when it got bought out by another laundry

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The hand-wringing about the OK symbol is loving hilarious. Literally 4chan memed the whole concept into existence to clown on SJWs and then those SJWs leaped directly into the trap without any sense of irony. The fact that some white supremacists decided to latch onto it is irrelevant. Also just because somebody is right-wing doesn't mean they're necessarily white supremacist. Just because somebody has different viewpoints doesn't make them a nazi. You'd think with all the ridiculous hand-wringing about nazis these days that they're just lurking everywhere. The word has basically lost all meaning at this point because "nazi" has become basically a catch-all term for "person with differing views than mine" that just happens to also be a label for a vanishingly small percentage of the population with abhorrent, racist views. At this point I see more racial division being stoked by folks on the left than anywhere else.

Voter ID is a great example of this. People on the American political left will say that anyone who supports voter ID is racist, because black people are too dumb to locate the DMV and thus won't get to vote. Like what the gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
idk the name, I remember seeing an old poster with a swastika on the wrapper and some text like “our logo since 1915 which means good health- the nazis will not take it from us!”

e: the neoliberal defender has loeged onn

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kind of in an akward situation; I [24m] had one of my girlfriend’s [21f] friends [20?f] randomly show up at my door and is currently crying on my couch. Not sure how to play this one.

quote:

then at the party she realized she was his date for a “hog party”.

I’m mostly just giving this girl some food

Lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

revmoo posted:

The hand-wringing about the OK symbol is loving hilarious. Literally 4chan memed the whole concept into existence to clown on SJWs and then those SJWs leaped directly into the trap without any sense of irony. The fact that some white supremacists decided to latch onto it is irrelevant. Also just because somebody is right-wing doesn't mean they're necessarily white supremacist. Just because somebody has different viewpoints doesn't make them a nazi. You'd think with all the ridiculous hand-wringing about nazis these days that they're just lurking everywhere. The word has basically lost all meaning at this point because "nazi" has become basically a catch-all term for "person with differing views than mine" that just happens to also be a label for a vanishingly small percentage of the population with abhorrent, racist views. At this point I see more racial division being stoked by folks on the left than anywhere else.

Voter ID is a great example of this. People on the American political left will say that anyone who supports voter ID is racist, because black people are too dumb to locate the DMV and thus won't get to vote. Like what the gently caress.

thos gat dam ess jay double us!!!!!!!!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i still miss the robocop word filter for that :smithfrog:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

revmoo posted:

That is certainly NOT the reasoning I've heard. Try "poor people, especially in cities, are unlikely to have state issued ID because they don't drive/own a car and few have any reason to haul their rear end out to a DMV to get a non-driver's ID, so requiring state ID is a barrier to voting. Barriers to voting are bad. The stated reason for needing this barrier (in person voter fraud) is statistically invalid."

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

nerd plus rage posted:

edit: he's going off in the comments

my ludicrously expensive plastic mans game is too advanced for you, traveler

I'm not selfish, it's just that I think her hobbies suck!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

revmoo posted:

I'm not racist, I just refuse to recognize institutional racism!

Get hosed, nazi.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

revmoo posted:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Motronic posted:

That is certainly NOT the reasoning I've heard. Try "poor people, especially in cities, are unlikely to have state issued ID because they don't drive/own a car and few have any reason to haul their rear end out to a DMV to get a non-driver's ID, so requiring state ID is a barrier to voting. Barriers to voting are bad. The stated reason for needing this barrier (in person voter fraud) is statistically invalid."

And after voter ID is passed they systematically start closing DMVs in minority areas. What a coincidence!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
These people will happily tell you that they think it's too easy to vote. They don't hide their intentions.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm pretty sure I've never seen the left argue that black people are too dumb to get IDs.

The DMVs in Wisconsin literally changed their hours so they were open for IDs like 1 hour a month.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

It's this. When the state of North Carolina was sued by the Federal Government over a Voter ID law that was enacted in 2013 after the SCOTUS, the feds brought literally hundreds of witnesses - mostly poor people of color in rural communities - who couldn't possibly afford or coordinate a trip to the DMV to get a photo ID. North Carolina lost.

Shamefully, they are trying it again with a constitutional amendment that was vetoed by the governor but overridden and passed into law late this year. However, the states that are not accepting Tribal ID Cards anymore and turning Native Americans away from the polls definitely won most reprehensible voter suppression tactic this past election.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm not racist, I just refuse to recognize institutional racism!

Get hosed, nazi.

Yes by all means let's call every person who disagrees with us a Nazi instead of realizing they don't have perfect information or understanding and working from there. This will surely not turn off middle of the road low information voters when you call them a nazi because they don't understand why voter ID is bad.

Edit: Look at your response and then look at Motronic's response. Which one is mone likely to change somebody's mind? Which one looks like an unhinged freak screaming at clouds?

therobit fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 2, 2019

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

I still associate that hand gesture with the word 'rear end in a top hat' and not 'nazi'. But, they're one in the same so.... :shrug:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

revmoo posted:

gently caress off Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

therobit posted:

Yes by all means let's call every person who disagrees with us a Nazi instead of realizing they don't have perfect information or understanding and working from there. This will surely not turn off middle of the road low information voters when you call them a nazi because they don't understand why voter ID is bad.

I don't think the guy saying the left wing says black people are too dumb to get IDs is arguing from a place of ignorance.