Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'll sum it up for you again. Atom stinks, the mechanics stink, the early quests suck and it's anti-Semitic.

Man, you're saltier about this than the chumps who bought 76 at full price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I thought this was the thread to be salty and lovely in

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Keeshhound posted:

Man, you're saltier about this than the chumps who bought 76 at full price.

Speaking as someone who paid full price for FO76: indeed.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
unlike cheap knockoffs, the real pip boy loves all creeds and colors of people

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I think we can all agree at this point that ATOM RPG: Fallout 88 indie game is confirm an anti-Semitic trash fire and go back to making GBS threads all over Bethesda.

BillyC posted:

Fallout General & 76: Hopefully Bethesda can have nuclear warfare back online

Yeah, that's the good stuff.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SwitchbladeKult posted:

anti-Semitic trash fire

New user name idea.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

fallout 76: hey, at least its not racist!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ASenileAnimal posted:

allow me to point you towards a certain song on the game's soundtrack

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

oh poo poo i forgot about that i never have the radio on

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
For what it's worth I just grabbed one of the nuka cola bottles off of thingiverse to see how long it would take to make one myself (this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1239079). Scaling it up as big as the official one, it would take about 30 hours with my printer, which kinda sucks but it's to be expected for something so big (so not something I'd be willing to do myself, but a business could get these made a lot faster). Also I'd be able to swap out the empty bottle inside and put in decent rum instead of cheap poo poo with food coloring.

Also for whoever made their model that took 100 hours got outplayed by someone's first model, this one looks better to me than the real one.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Milkshake Game.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glenn Quebec posted:

I thought this was the thread to be salty and lovely in

that seems to be the general tone around here yes

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

For what it's worth I just grabbed one of the nuka cola bottles off of thingiverse to see how long it would take to make one myself (this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1239079). Scaling it up as big as the official one, it would take about 30 hours with my printer, which kinda sucks but it's to be expected for something so big (so not something I'd be willing to do myself, but a business could get these made a lot faster). Also I'd be able to swap out the empty bottle inside and put in decent rum instead of cheap poo poo with food coloring.

Also for whoever made their model that took 100 hours got outplayed by someone's first model, this one looks better to me than the real one.

He used vinyl to make the bottle decal, everyone knows Bethesdas merch setback was the great vinyl shortage of November 2018 . Come on be fair to Bethesda

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I interpreted it as 100 hours spent designing the 3D model in software, like a sculptor working magic on a block of marble, not how long it took for one nuka dark bottle to actually print

but it's not like I care much either way

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'll sum it up for you again. Atom stinks, the mechanics stink, the early quests suck and it's anti-Semitic.

It's a video game, then?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Glazius posted:

Nah, don't worry about that. Sim Settlements will tear down the drive-in for you!

I found this out and was very happy. Although I have 12 settlers and 10 food now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Penpal posted:

I interpreted it as 100 hours spent designing the 3D model in software, like a sculptor working magic on a block of marble, not how long it took for one nuka dark bottle to actually print

but it's not like I care much either way

Honestly same here, but I still think their saying "we know you aren't happy but we worked REALLY hard you guys" just makes it sadder.

I kinda feel bad for them. Ultimately Bethesda told them to make it to a price point, and they ok'd the final design.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Boys of Pip

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What if Fallout 76 had purposefully disabled nuke/silo access on certain holidays like Memorial Day and Christmas?

Granted, I'm sure time zones would somehow screw that up and god forbid you go two days without nuking something, right?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
on christmas day, the missile warheads were loaded with soccer balls and launched directly into the goals of soccer fields all across communist china

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hav posted:

It's a video game, then?

in this essay i will prove that all video games are anti-semetic

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Vinylshadow posted:

What if Fallout 76 had purposefully disabled nuke/silo access on certain holidays like Memorial Day and Christmas?

Granted, I'm sure time zones would somehow screw that up and god forbid you go two days without nuking something, right?

Yeah, that'd actually be pretty cool, but 1. Do you actually think it was intentional? And 2. Some people don't have free time to really play online games except for holidays.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How racist will this knock off become?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CharlestonJew posted:

Which song is this I haven’t bought the game or watched streams past launch week

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

in this essay i will prove that all video games are anti-semetic

Exhibit A: Red Dead Redemption NPC Herbert Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSEwy8ZORc

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ASenileAnimal posted:

*game experience may change during online play

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vinylshadow posted:

in case you weren't joking

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1080538994562289664

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

watch them forget to bring it back online, and then try to erase any evidence it ever existed off the internet

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dr.Smasher posted:

Exhibit A: Red Dead Redemption NPC Herbert Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSEwy8ZORc

He's an equal opportunity hater.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the gently caress ever happened with that rick and morty thing

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the gently caress ever happened with that rick and morty thing

Szechuan sauce.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
rick boy

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Points given for a post-apoc set in Africa at least. The racism from GAMERS will be higher than expected, somehow. Get ready for lots of "wats the difference lel" scorching hot takes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The internet has you covered

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

MariusLecter posted:

Szechuan sauce.

Wubba lubba dub dub.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
pipple rick

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i love the pickleboy

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'd be genuinely surprised if there wasn't an Easter egg in fallout 76 of a pickle surrounded by a bunch of dead rats.

...There is one isn't there.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Do not listen to this man,Underrail is bad and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Do not listen to this man,Underrail is bad and poo poo.

care to elaborate?