Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

for anyone looking for the apple news, here it is, pretty crazy:

https://twitter.com/yutactivities/status/1080544297139798016
thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

hell yes!!!! a whole lot of people are going to quit and this will damage the federal government's ability to operate for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be pissed if i didn't get a paycheck in a month and a half.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

i legitimately hate that man

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow nobody wants 1000 dollar phones huh

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

it's because there doesn't exist any mechanisms to punish rich white kids re: drugs, every drug law is designed to turn as many young minorities into slaves and doesn't have any means to address any other kind of offender

yeah

the white kids would get arrested and slapped on the wrist and grounded by their parents for a week and they'd just be back at it the next week with no consequences

meanwhile all the black kids knew to just stay the gently caress away from that poo poo because they'd spend the rest of their lives in jail

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
here's the real apple news:

https://twitter.com/StockTwits/status/1080577968756404241

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Republican who cheers on donald trump's conservative judges and tax cuts.......... is with the republicans??

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Because TRUMP?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

Yea growing up like AOC is actually a pretty drat good way to see that disparity first hand. I had a similar situation, parents making a decent living and we were not financially stressed on a daily basis, but certainly not private prep school money so I went to public school and had friends who were both much better off than we were and also some who were really struggling. You could go to a party in a certain neighborhood and it felt like you were partying in a literal palace, then drive ten minutes to another neighborhood and it's borderline trailerpark territory and partying in somebody's unfinished basement.

Yup I grew up in PR and went to the best private high school the island has. I was one of the “poorest” kids in the school but that was still better than 98% of the island. I saw some insanely rich poo poo hanging out with some friends and we’d alternate drinking between the super expensive rich spots and the hole in the wall everything is breaking down parts of the island. Back then my class still had a semblance of humility and no one really went out of their way to flaunt their wealth. Everyone was aware of how insanely lucky we all were. We just drank a ton and had fun knowing we were all getting groomed to leave the island and never come back because poo poo was getting bad back then and it sure as poo poo ain’t better now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Which honestly, is not unlike some guy blowing up a fake thing and then taking a big bite out of it so that video kind of works.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BOOOORING

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

shyduck posted:

Wow nobody wants 1000 dollar phones huh
They're real bad by iPhone standards too. I got a 7 Plus last time my contract was up because I wanted to try one, and I like it a lot more than my previous Android, and even I could tell that the X was a pile of poo poo.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Denizen_Cons
Oct 15, 2016

Al! posted:

hell yes!!!! a whole lot of people are going to quit and this will damage the federal government's ability to operate for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the dems had any balls they'd defund ice and the military, and the military contractors to ensure that helpful domestic programs continued to be funded.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

"oh no"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im worried my date doesnt like me because he hasnt texted me at all today

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

so what im getting here is that their made up numbers went from a big number to a slightly less big number????

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1080578613068615682?s=19

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1080575351393341440

cuck

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

so what im getting here is that their made up numbers went from a big number to a slightly less big number????

Imagine having enough money invested to care

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're real bad by iPhone standards too. I got a 7 Plus last time my contract was up because I wanted to try one, and I like it a lot more than my previous Android, and even I could tell that the X was a pile of poo poo.

Moved from a 6S to an X and first one hard failed had to be replaced. Current one is laggy as hell on networks, probably needs replaced as well.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
2.49 Million people follow apple who DONT EVEN POST ANYTHING

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's main feature was that it's more expensive lol

it's what marxists were predicting apple would formally pivot to years ago, back when rich people were bitching that they couldn't show off owning an iphone anymore because now even poor people could afford them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turns out overpricing the poo poo out of their already overpriced products tends to not be a smart move.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

yeah i have the same one and its more than fine why would I upgrade

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drew is a treasure

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Denizen_Cons posted:

If the dems had any balls they'd defund ice and the military, and the military contractors to ensure that helpful domestic programs continued to be funded.

libs are so terrified of being accused of hating THE TROOPS & OUR BRAVE BOYZ IN BLUE that this will never happen

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Democrats are making presidential tax returns a focal point in one of their first pieces of legislation, an effort to build the case to the American people that time is up on President Donald Trump keeping his own tax returns from the public, shutting what could be a window into his personal wealth.

According to two sources familiar with the discussions, Democrats will include a provision in their new bill that would require presidential nominees to disclose 10 years of tax returns shortly after they become the nominee. Vice presidents would also be required to disclose a decade of returns. The tax returns would then be posted on the Federal Election Commission's website for public viewing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics/trump-tax-returns-democrats/index.html

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

yeah i been thinkin about picking up an iphone SE and i've always ran randoird

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Im worried my date doesnt like me because he hasnt texted me at all today

Send him a picture of his dick. I hear guys love that.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

LegoMan posted:

Good diet has a major effect on health and development.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Better nutrition and fitness access will make you look younger. That goes on into adulthood as well. Rich people almost always look better/younger unless they massively hosed up.

yeah but im not just comparing them to ultra impoverished and malnourished kids, but well fed ones too (including myself). Whether poor or middle class, the public school kids (or even private school kids who went to school in the middle of the city in normal areas, rather than getting chauffeured to the suburban fancy pants academy) reliably looked and acted older than the kids who went to ultra fancy exclusive prep schools. But it was so long ago maybe im not remembering right. Or maybe i just drank too much piss as a child and hosed up my hormones and started growing a beard and getting buff as hell at age 8. the pre escalator days all blur together

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

comey really hosed us good didnt he

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bradley_WP/status/1080578218028134401

This isn't them saying "oh hey we were looking to make 91b but we only made 84b" this is them saying "there is no way in hell we will ever make 91b"

84b is their new rosy projection.

now i want the tech sector to just loving die an implode so maybe I'm a little optimistic but this, to me, is pretty legitimately a freakout move

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The date is on friday, we talked a bunch yesterday but then nothing

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Probably going to drop Netflix support to retaliate for them removing iTunes billing.

e: Boo just lower profits

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

teumk)

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

seriously

im gonna copy paste this to fall asleep to

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Rah! posted:

same pretty much

one day ur at a party in the projects

then next week ur at some rich kids party surrounded by weird richie riches

on a related note, its really loving weird how rich kids all look like 5 years younger than the equivalent aged public school kids :psyduck: ...like their extra comfortable lives somehow delayed puberty, or they just never got stabbed in the eyes for their toilet wine or jumped every day while walking home or whatever. also i noticed how a lot of rich kids tended to be obnoxious around strangers in an unfamiliar way to me, like, oversharing while constantly whining and acting arrogant about random poo poo or something i dunno. Whereas doing that in the projects would get u...stabbed in the eyes for that toilet wine lmao

also piss trum wow

wow dr moneybags over here with a loving toilet to make wine in. we had to use our poo poo pits to make jenken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
who can afford a whole extra toilet just for their wine storage