Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Apple just posted a huge drop in revenue guidance forecasting they will make roughly $8B less in revenue for Q1, down to $84B from $92B. Tim Cook's letter to shareholders is pretty damning:

"While we anticipated some challenges in key emerging markets, we did not foresee the magnitude of the economic deceleration, particularly in Greater China. In fact, most of our revenue shortfall to our guidance, and over 100 percent of our year-over-year worldwide revenue decline, occurred in Greater China across iPhone, Mac and iPad."

"We believe the economic environment in China has been further impacted by rising trade tensions with the United States. As the climate of mounting uncertainty weighed on financial markets, the effects appeared to reach consumers as well, with traffic to our retail stores and our channel partners in China declining as the quarter progressed. "

This is Bad News in two ways:

1) Apple is considered a bellwether for many tech companies. If it's struggling to sell things in China, odds are likely that many other tech companies will struggle too (trade wars are easy to win, though).

2) It provides a solid data point that is in line with the chatter that China's economy is slowing down faster than expected

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts the trade negotiations since this is basically bad news for both parties. It's hard to say who's hurt more between China and the US at this point, but if we continue to see American companies suffering like this we could start to see more fracturing from the business wing of the Republican party.

Seph fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Now that’s a proud dad. Goddamn. Also outfit game on point.

Smiling, genuinely happy and pumped member of Congress.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone happy to be in Dulles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Noise Complaint posted:

Now that’s a proud dad. Goddamn. Also outfit game on point.

Smiling, genuinely happy and pumped member of Congress.

both of them have good outfits. the dads scarf is cool.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

apple probably didn't help itself by discontinuing its best phone.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

she speaks Spanish and shares my weird Hispanic/Asian occasional ethnicity blindness, so she's unsure as to whether she can launch into Spanish with a given person

and decided to make an extremely ill advised and fairly Problematic tweet based on that fact pattern

I'm with you on this one. I've met a fair number of Quechua people that would probably blend into a crowd in Mongolia without much trouble. The number of takes in this thread about it being impossible to confuse Spanish speakers with Mongolians is kinda overblown. Hell, there are plenty of Quechua folks who don't even speak Spanish.

Quechua:

Mongolian:

EDIT: It's a bad joke that is badly constructed, but I don't see it as malicious. There are a fuckton of different cultures in South America, and they certainly don't all look Mexican.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 3, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao, Fox News called Brown Broth Romney's op-ed a "blistering attack on the President"

Mitt Romney has never done anything blistering besides walk up and down streets annoying people about Golden Plates in Utah

They really are desperate for a principled conservative narrative that is trying to rein in Trump. This is hilariously absurd.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Jokes on him, trump is already covered in blisters

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Goddammit... :smith:

https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1080600375982542848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNEf9oGw8o

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Radish posted:

Shoot Max Boot into the sun.
https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1080518662132563969

"What will we do without the principled stance of Jeff Flake :ohdear:"

gently caress this guy and his "principled conservatism."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

I really like her coat.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

KillHour posted:

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone happy to be in Dulles.

https://twitter.com/octoberskeye/status/1080599900205735937

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
So Mean Gene Okerlund, Bob Einstein, and this guy all died on the same day all at the age of 76? This has got to be Q sending us a message.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is great

https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/1080535688469069824

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mean Gene, Super Dave, and the third *kisses toad*

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Human Tornada posted:

So Mean Gene Okerlund, Bob Einstein, and this guy all died on the same day all at the age of 76? This has got to be Q sending us a message.

This day is just bullshit.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Human Tornada posted:

You've got it twisted, it's the deep state sending Q a message.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

citybeatnik posted:

Yeah both of those are fair. Like i said the issues with me reading it as folks going "ignore some of the institutional racism aspects now".
Racism and sexism are mechanisms of class in society. The explicit point of both of those are to create a permanent under-class that those in power have no risk of falling into. Fighting racism IS fighting the class war.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

friendbot2000 posted:

Also a lot of anglicized Latin American names treat X as an S sound phonetically. So odds are some kids picked up on that and she rolled with it

And, more importantly, who gives a single flying gently caress what her nickname was in high school?

I have zero confidence she and Schumer aren't going to fold to look like the adults in the room.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 3, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i had no idea army pay was so low until i looked it up after seeing that tweet. an E3 with six years of experience makes about what i did after 8 years in retail lmao

i know they get a lot of benefits i didn't but still...drat.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

nine-gear crow posted:

Never gently caress with a woman who knows how to wield a giant-rear end hammer.

Meh

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

1glitch0 posted:

And, more importantly, who gives a single flying gently caress what her nickname was in high school?

She went to an ~*ELITE*~ high school :byodood:

Where they have NICKNAMES :byodood:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

theflyingorc posted:

I was there once when W's chopper was landing and dudes just appeared on every roof it was cool.

Also three helicopters landed so you couldn't know which one he was on.

Were they painted 1, 2, and 4?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Racism and sexism are mechanisms of class in society. The explicit point of both of those are to create a permanent under-class that those in power have no risk of falling into. Fighting racism IS fighting the class war.

And, again, explaining it like that makes sense but I've brushed up against too many straight white dudes chanting it for me to blindly nod along with it when i see it.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i had no idea army pay was so low until i looked it up after seeing that tweet. an E3 with six years of experience makes about what i did after 8 years in retail lmao

Someone with 6 years of experience is going to be an E5. An E3 with 6 years of experience has hosed up royally and will be out on his rear end soon.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

We need to all stop and acknowledge this llama.

Just look at it. :3:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

We need to all stop and acknowledge this llama.

Just look at it. :3:

https://i.imgur.com/R7Km1IQ.mp4

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
forums eating posts again? dang

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Never gently caress with a woman who knows how to wield a giant-rear end hammer.

You don't need to immediately stan for Pelosi because she says good things. She's doing bad things with that hammer too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah one of those benefits is like at least 1k a month, tax free. Also yeah, no 6 year e3s. Not even in the national guard.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Marshall of the Supreme Court is looking badass.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

VH4Ever posted:

There was an election somewhere on a Friday?

My bad, I got it confused with the Ontario Provincial Election, which has early voting. She still voted for Doug Ford, God Emperor of Ontario, so my point about conservative voters, whether Canadian or American, are fuckers who will vote to the grave.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Human Tornada posted:

Fallout and Bethesda have a lot to answer for.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Giggy posted:

You don't need to immediately stan for Pelosi because she says good things. She's doing bad things with that hammer too.

Thanks, this thread really needed the reminder that a politician can do bad things as well as good ones. I'm not sure anyone has figured that one out yet.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

1glitch0 posted:

It would be a cute humanizing bit of trivia if it weren’t being used for an inept twitter burn

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

God, I feel horrible for Nancy Pelosi to be trapped between these two dipshits.

What’s wrong with what he said?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Chud med student gets himself suspended for a year, then expelled.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe BARRY Obama???

Or ROBERT O'Rourke??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

What is this? Can you link to the original post instead of the follow-up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ague Proof posted:

Context?