Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Found it:

https://cloverchronicle.com/2018/12/29/university-of-virginia-med-student-receives-1-year-suspension-after-microaggressions-lecture/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I'm reminded of my high school years right after 9/11 when these fucks would sit next to the cafeteria every day, for probably years after I graduated, trying to snag anyone they can. There was no loving career day or anything, it was just an army recruitment table perched out in a high school. Because that was normal in the 2000s.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Taking bets on how racist he was being. Just racist, or extremely racist?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Cursory googling led me to this shiesty-looking but overall seemingly complete page which has the UVA letter and a link to the lecture on soundcloud where the incident happened so you can hear the actual incident in question instead of wondering if he was being racist:

https://cloverchronicle.com/2018/12/29/university-of-virginia-med-student-receives-1-year-suspension-after-microaggressions-lecture/

And this reddit breakdown, because reddit appears to be part of the drama.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/abmhvl/a_uva_med_student_gets_a_oneyear_suspension_for/

Listening to the audio now.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 3, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dad Jokes posted:

Taking bets on how racist he was being. Just racist, or extremely racist?

my guess is he said hosed up racist poo poo and refused to treat patients or tried to actively gently caress someone with medicare over.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

this apparently

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

Thanks, this thread really needed the reminder that a politician can do bad things as well as good ones. I'm not sure anyone has figured that one out yet.

I mean... apparently not. I'm not trying to poo poo the discussion, but I think posting weird photos of problematic politicians being "badass" after they do something right is weird. Fandom is bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

Chud med student gets himself suspended for a year, then expelled.

lol he thinks House is real

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

And, more importantly, who gives a single flying gently caress what her nickname was in high school?

I have zero confidence she and Schumer aren't going to fold to look like the adults in the room.

In this one I think they have the sense to stick to it. I may for once have too much confidence in the Democratic party but they have everything to lose here by giving Trump what he wants for almost no political gain. Pelosi passing a clean CR and McConnell or Trump scuttling it is their best play and they know it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yeah, if your an rear end in a top hat med student. my guess is your hosed.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Giggy posted:

You don't need to immediately stan for Pelosi because she says good things. She's doing bad things with that hammer too.

Yeah like not hitting newt gingrich with it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/ambertamblyn/status/1080547001526308867

the amount of people in that thread saying they would vote for Nikki Haley is loving insane, 100 dollars says they don't know poo poo about Nikki Haley

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Yeah like not hitting newt gingrich with it

I'll be the first to cheer for Pelosi if she chased Paul Ryan out of the Capitol while swinging the hammer.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

sexpig by night posted:

He's a dick who can't even manage basic human interaction. A person like that has no business being a doctor.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

The audio seems to largely paint the guy as being super intense and fragile about the concept of microaggressions.

On the audio of the hearing where he defends his behavior during the seminar, he doubles down on weird lawyering behavior. Basically, he's got a nasty case of Not Being a Good Person to Care for Sick People and entitlement.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

What’s wrong with what he said?

On it's head, nothing. It's just couched in a terminal case of Being Chuck Schumer.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Crabtree posted:

I'm reminded of my high school years right after 9/11 when these fucks would sit next to the cafeteria every day, for probably years after I graduated, trying to snag anyone they can. There was no loving career day or anything, it was just an army recruitment table perched out in a high school. Because that was normal in the 2000s.

Nothing like a good post where you can play the timeless game of 'sex offender or marine recruiter'

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Chud med student gets himself suspended for a year, then expelled.

How DARE you take away the thing I'm obviously entitled to! I'm going to take away all your things! Some day...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

lol

the amount of people in that thread saying they would vote for Nikki Haley is loving insane, 100 dollars says they don't know poo poo about Nikki Haley

she made some token socialy liberal moves once and while. thats it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Reminder that doctors give black people suboptimal care because they believe we can't feel pain and black women are more likely to die during childbirth because doctors don't listen to us.

SERENA WILLIAMS almost died in childbirth because her doctors refused to listen when she said that something was wrong.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

lol

Haley got the Jeff Flake shine from the media by mildly harumphing in protest at Trump's dumb bullshit while still dutifully carrying out Trump's dumb bullshit. Their tune will change when/if they found out her true record. Or they'll just do what they always do and vote for a man because a woman will never be POTUS. Ever. It's like an old IBM binary computer trying to process a 2. You just can't do it and meltdown every time.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
That chud doctor drama summed up:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

whoa a comfortable white woman doesn't care about leftwing policy and merely wants the caretaker of our brutal capitalist empire to look like them?

how shocking

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Just to editorialize for a bit..THIS is the real promise and greatness of America, when it's done right. THIS is the cool stuff I love seeing, the stuff that makes me feel like we're moving in a good direction in some way. The trouble is it doesn't happen nearly enough but it makes my heart swell seeing stuff like this and gives me hope for a better tomorrow.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Fallom posted:

What is this? Can you link to the original post instead of the follow-up?

https://old.reddit.com/r/UVA/comments/ab1dy7/university_of_virginia_med_student_receives_1year/

apparently i am behind

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

nine-gear crow posted:

On it's head, nothing. It's just couched in a terminal case of Being Chuck Schumer.

The tweet you’re responding to is literally Schumer laying and springing a trap.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

this dude rocks:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

lol

To be fair, it would be pretty much the same thing for all of the male Democrats. The pool is just poo poo all around because the acceptable age range for president only allows boomers right now.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Koalas Massacre posted:

Reminder that doctors give black people suboptimal care because they believe we can't feel pain and black women are more likely to die during childbirth because doctors don't listen to us.

SERENA WILLIAMS almost died in childbirth because her doctors refused to listen when she said that something was wrong.

Yeah Serena going through all that really puts an undeniably fine point on this problem for white motherfuckers like me who were previously unaware of it. It's highly wrong and hosed up and needs to loving stop.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Discendo Vox posted:

The tweet you’re responding to is literally Schumer laying and springing a trap.

But its Chuck Schumer. He was caving in with his eyes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/emmets/status/1080604577081090048

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

VH4Ever posted:

Yeah Serena going through all that really puts an undeniably fine point on this problem for white motherfuckers like me who were previously unaware of it. It's highly wrong and hosed up and needs to loving stop.

Recommended this site before in this thread, but NPR's Codeswitch team did a great series of podcasts and articles about this phenomenon, including this super interesting article about the concept of 'weathering'.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/01/14/577664626/making-the-case-that-discrimination-is-bad-for-your-health

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mean Gene, The Captain, and Super Dave Osborne and we're not even 48 hours into the new year.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DLC Inc posted:

lol

She’s hot and hasn’t had dirt thrown at her for years.

Only 11k for infantry? That’s weak. I got 30 in 2007.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Radish posted:

In this one I think they have the sense to stick to it. I may for once have too much confidence in the Democratic party but they have everything to lose here by giving Trump what he wants for almost no political gain. Pelosi passing a clean CR and McConnell or Trump scuttling it is their best play and they know it.

If it's going to be any issue they'll have the sense to stick to it on this one. But if Trump is just going to be a crazy baby and say no to anything but exactly what he wants, and if the republicans follow course to just wait out until the democrats fold and the democrats follow their course of eventually folding, well there we go. At some point the government has to be reopened and I just see the dems folding before the republicans join in a veto-proof bill. And Trump doesn't give a poo poo.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

What alignment do you have to be to wield that?

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 3, 2019

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Your Taint posted:

Mean Gene, The Captain, and Super Dave Osborne and we're not even 48 hours into the new year.

One of the obvious consequences of the warholian dystopia we live in where everybody is famous for 15 minutes, a famous person is going to die every 15 minutes or so as well.

So, I guess what I am saying is saw the flagpolls off halfway up, because you'll never need to fly a flag at full mast again.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1080618722614628352

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1080618205838757889

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Esplanade posted:

What alignment do you have to be to wield that?

Any lawful.