Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I opened my work email this morning. There is a 17 page objection from the firm I really do not like to my request for a more specific statement. It opens by quoting Marbury vs Madison. It was filed at 3:00 New Years Eve Day. By their paralegal.

So... they had nothing better to do on New Years Eve...and made their staff work. On this.

I didn’t read past the second page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ActusRhesus posted:

I opened my work email this morning. There is a 17 page objection from the firm I really do not like to my request for a more specific statement. It opens by quoting Marbury vs Madison. It was filed at 3:00 New Years Eve Day. By their paralegal.

So... they had nothing better to do on New Years Eve...and made their staff work. On this.

Can you give us the quote? That's incredible, like only a step or two down from opening with an MLK speech quote.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Discendo Vox posted:

Can you give us the quote? That's incredible, like only a step or two down from opening with an MLK speech quote.

Blah blah blah government of law not of men.

Context: this firm really loves bringing baseless accusations of prosecutorial misconduct. In this case they are claiming there was a secret deal with a witness. After the case the prosecutor gave the witness more than what was promised. I did my due diligence and asked the witness’s PD what he and his client understood the deal to be at the time of testimony. It’s the one he was cross examined on. The later decision came as a pleasant surprise to both of them.

So my request was basically “are you claiming intentional or negligent Brady violation?” And “what is your factual basis for the claim that there was a secret deal vice an unexpected boon?”

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

ActusRhesus posted:

I filed several motions after 3 on NYE. Courts and offices are open, who cares

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

EwokEntourage posted:

I filed several motions after 3 on NYE. Courts and offices are open, who cares

Lame.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Not everyone can be a part of the prison industrial complex

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Lol at having to work, like, I haven't been to work since the 21st.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

EwokEntourage posted:

Not everyone can be a part of the prison industrial complex

Lucky for me I live in a state that doesn’t have private prisons. :)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
CA state doesn't take either X-mas or new years eves off, though we tend to get sent home early. Good days to work if you can because nothing happens and you didn't burn leave. I take the xmas-news years week off though.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

nm posted:

CA state doesn't take either X-mas or new years eves off, though we tend to get sent home early. Good days to work if you can because nothing happens and you didn't burn leave. I take the xmas-news years week off though.

Not “official” days off for us either. But lol if you actually work a full day.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ActusRhesus posted:

Blah blah blah government of law not of men.

That's not even in Marbury! :psyduck: Please tell me they did a

Mahatma Ghandi posted:

It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He’s just gonna cheat on you with a study buddy from work.

extremely late on this, but: lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I went to work on NYE, only to discover that the office was closed thats my story HAPPY 2019 YOU FUCKS also my paralegal quit and took a job with the City so I'm flyin fuckin blind here

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I was going to ask why isn't someone reassigned to you to pile on their workload, but then I remembered state government and union.

Edit: Nevermind. Confused you with nm. Why isn't someone reassigned to you?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

I was going to ask why isn't someone reassigned to you to pile on their workload, but then I remembered state government and union.

Edit: Nevermind. Confused you with nm. Why isn't someone reassigned to you?

We're hiring someone, we just haven't hired them yet.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
God drat, I gotta dip out of GBS before i eat a proby for suggesting that not everyone who disagrees about anything is a Nazi.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Link?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I already unbookmarked it - its the r/Relationships thread of all places.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=3916&perpage=40#post491205518

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I'm sorry I asked.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Lol it turned into a 5 page derail where the only two people probated were the guys saying, "Maybe leftist thinking has gone too far?"

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Lol it turned into a 5 page derail where the only two people probated were the guys saying, "Maybe leftist thinking has gone too far?"

Pretty sure I’d get probated if IP logging showed I was even *reading* GBS.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
good

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

also we're only on day 2 but based on how this year has gone so far this post is definitely going to represent my 2019

Soothing Vapors posted:

if I could do my life over I'd hang myself in my crib as soon as I could figure out how to make my dumb baby hands tie a noose

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Need a hug?

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
Official court holidays in MI:

NYD, MLK, Presidents', Memorial, today we declare our Independence Day, Labor Daybor, Veterans', Turkey, Xmas Eve, Xmas, NYE.

County also recognizes:

Columbus Day.

What? I'm all for getting an extra day off. But Columbus Day?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've billed 22 hours in two workdays. I've had a good 6 non-billable hours at work as well. While I do feel I'm doing some good most of the time, this lifestyle loving sucks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Oh, that. Yeah no the voter id thing's pretty directly a disenfranchisement campaign targeting racial minorities.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've billed 22 hours in two workdays. I've had a good 6 non-billable hours at work as well. While I do feel I'm doing some good most of the time, this lifestyle loving sucks.
I call that December 31 and January 1.

Not really.

Only 19 or so.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

Need a hug?

i dont hug cops

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
In my effort to not live in an apartment anymore, I put an offer in on a place and did the inspection this morning.

Let me introduce you to deadmau5.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
You started law school as a home owner.
Go to law school kids!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Toona the Cat meets his new study partner, Dead the mau5

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Toona the Cat posted:

In my effort to not live in an apartment anymore, I put an offer in on a place and did the inspection this morning.

Let me introduce you to deadmau5.

Well that's your problem right there

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

i dont hug cops

Oh I wasn’t offering. I was just going to give you this.

https://levelskip.com/rpgs/How-to-Romance-Josephine-in-Dragon-Age-Inquisition

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

nm posted:

lol

Toona I gotta say I respect what a good sport you are about the constant dunks

you know, now that I finally have a computer that can actually run Inquisition I should really redownload it and get all up in them petticoats

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

nm posted:

Go to law school kids!

To be fair I also started law school as a home owner but I am nowhere near stupid enough to reveal any detail of my sordid past to you merciless jacklegs.

Soothing Vapors posted:

you know, now that I finally have a computer that can actually run Inquisition I should really redownload it and get all up in them petticoats

My rec. is Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Has way better sex scenes and no goddamned elves. It's also really entertaining from a historical perspective.

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 3, 2019

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

You need to leave the hinterlands first.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

My rec. is Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Has way better sex scenes and no goddamned elves. It's also really entertaining from a historical perspective.

Counterpoint - boring, also probably made by nazis

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks jank AF.

If you want to play ren fair sims, just go with Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but really whats been bothering me lately is that the T-Rex breaks through the non-electrified fence, steps over from what is clearly flat ground, and wreaks havoc on the ford explorers, and then pushes the trucks back over the fence where he came from, but now its like a 200 foot drop??