Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mcmagic posted:

It's important to remember how much better a Senate Caucus leader Harry Reid was than Chuck Schumer.

I still don't get why he picked Chuck as his replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

inignot posted:

I can't speak for all straight white dudes (also, when did that become synonymous with contemptible right wing mouth-breather?), but I find that identity politics has descended into parody. It seems like a cheap pop topic that do nothing milquetoast centrist corporate Democrats will pull out to look progressive while doing nothing that challenges anything. Example, over the summer the DNC held a meeting in which they 1)mildly reduced the role of super delegates in subverting the will of primary voters 2) adopted non binary gender language in their charter.

If I'm an rear end in a top hat for rating health care for all, progressive taxation, increasing the minimum wage, stronger unions, reduced military hegemony, ending the drug war, ending mass incarceration, ending reliance on fossil fuels, comprehensive immigration reform, increasing the size of the house of representatives, ending the filibuster, statehood for DC & Puerto Rico, etc; over whatever pet issue the lesbian left handed albino dwarves of partially Aleutian descent are on about this week, then I'll be the rear end in a top hat.
This is the bit that marks you instantly as a bigoted rear end in a top hat, hope that helps.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

inignot posted:

I can't speak for all straight white dudes (also, when did that become synonymous with contemptible right wing mouth-breather?), but I find that identity politics has descended into parody. It seems like a cheap pop topic that do nothing milquetoast centrist corporate Democrats will pull out to look progressive while doing nothing that challenges anything. Example, over the summer the DNC held a meeting in which they 1)mildly reduced the role of super delegates in subverting the will of primary voters 2) adopted non binary gender language in their charter.

If I'm an rear end in a top hat for rating health care for all, progressive taxation, increasing the minimum wage, stronger unions, reduced military hegemony, ending the drug war, ending mass incarceration, ending reliance on fossil fuels, comprehensive immigration reform, increasing the size of the house of representatives, ending the filibuster, statehood for DC & Puerto Rico, etc; over whatever pet issue the lesbian left handed albino dwarves of partially Aleutian descent are on about this week, then I'll be the rear end in a top hat.

Welp. Mission accomplished then?

I am not sure where you envision the dialogue proceeding from here once you say something as meandering, abrasive and combative as this.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

Straight white dudes telling PoC, women, or LGBT folks that is, to me, the same as shouting "all lives matter!" at them. If KM or any other person wants to weigh in and tell me that I'm wrong then I'm cool with their take.

But, you know, good on you for volunteering to be an rear end in a top hat?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Koalas Massacre posted:

Dude the first time I had a trigeminal neuralgia flare up the pain was so bad I could barely speak, turn my head or move my (right) arm the ER doc told me it was a migraine and to go home and take some ibuprofen without running a single test, despite knowing my mom found me in the bottom of the shower, picked me up and drug me over there and I described it as an electrical burning.

I had to go through several more ER visits and neurologists before anyone even acted like they believed me My current neurologist is my hero tbh. He is my McDreamy 😂😂

This is something that it's really hard for men in particular to grasp: women's experience going to a doctor in general is mostly of being ignored or dismissed or given the equivalent of a pat on the head and a handful of ibuprofen. Like as much as guys seem to hate hearing about anything to do with women's health, people should be loving outraged at how badly the great majority of doctors listen to women. The whole 'it took me 3 visits to get them to even run super basic diagnostic stuff' is the start to basically every healthcare story you ever hear from women. Men would be burning doctors offices down in protest if they were treated that dismissively

Women of color then get it a whole order of magnitude worse

CmdrRiker posted:

Welp. Mission accomplished then?

I am not sure where you envision the dialogue proceeding from here once you say something as meandering, abrasive and combative as this.

Next he's going to do the, 'you all called me a bigot so now i'm going to be a bigot just to show you, this is how you lose white male votes'

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 3, 2019

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

So i'm good to keep side eyeing "no war but class war" stuff?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mcmagic posted:

It's important to remember how much better a Senate Caucus leader Harry Reid was than Chuck Schumer.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1080621459255582720

But...why?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

Absolutely. I actually used to be one those people until I got sick enough of white people forgetting to drop "for whites only" at the end of it

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

What could he possibly be giving Schumer

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

citybeatnik posted:

Yeah, stumbling around the Vatican was god drat breath taking and i'm not sure why folks assume that it's all boring poo poo

Catholic stuff is typically extremely boring and stuffy, and you have to go by a bunch of signs telling you you must dress conservatively and be respectful of the lord and stuff and it's super surprising that instead of just endless drawings of jesus looking very serious it's like wall to wall cool poo poo:

(I am convinced if you grab this and stick it in spheres within spheres it'll release god for an optional final boss fight)

also not my photo but someone mentioned the resurrection and that is also real badass

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RuanGacho posted:

Conservative judges.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

no idea, but they appear to be a lot of ambassadors

https://twitter.com/StewSays/status/1080638834067628032

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

RuanGacho posted:

A football...and a girl holding it, for him to kick.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

inignot posted:

Twice as many white men voted for the contemptible right wing mouth-breather president in 2016 as voted for the Democratic candidate. I'm pretty sure if you add in sexuality and narrowed that down to straight white men, it'd be even worse. This doesn't mean that every straight white American man you meet is a wingnut, but it does mean you have about 70/30 odds that he is.

That all said, if you're so snowflakey that you think the DNC adopting gender-inclusive language is somehow a personal insult to you, then yes, you are in fact the rear end in a top hat.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Koalas Massacre posted:

Absolutely. I actually used to be one those people until I got sick enough of white people forgetting to drop "for whites only" at the end of it

https://youtu.be/3bQnxlHZsjY

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Catholic stuff is typically extremely boring and stuffy, and you have to go by a bunch of signs telling you you must dress conservatively and be respectful of the lord and stuff and it's super surprising that instead of just endless drawings of jesus looking very serious it's like wall to wall cool poo poo:

(I am convinced if you grab this and stick it in spheres within spheres it'll release god for an optional final boss fight)

also not my photo but someone mentioned the resurrection and that is also real badass

I was there for the last Jubilee (and will sell my indulgence to the highest bidder) and every god drat side chapel there was just meant to drive home how bad rear end and humbling the place is.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

1glitch0 posted:

Conservative judges.

No no, I mean what is Schumer not getting out of This?

"Oh no Marmalade made noises at me, I give up you can have judges!"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

evilweasel posted:

no idea, but they appear to be a lot of ambassadors

https://twitter.com/StewSays/status/1080638834067628032

Now Trump will be forced to apologize for tweeting that Schumer was holding up his ambassadors.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A lovely Trump picked ambassador is better than no ambassador at all for those countries. Plus it will be fun to learn all the dumb bribery that happened for some handbag manufacturer to buy the ambassadorship to Benin or whatever.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

inignot posted:

And so in conclusion, it's selfish for Korean women to demand better conditions/gender equality when obviously liberation from Japan will mean liberation for ALL Koreans. They should really just be quiet and trust that their betters will take care of them once the struggle is over.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

RuanGacho posted:

No no, I mean what is Schumer not getting out of This?

"Oh no Marmalade made noises at me, I give up you can have judges!"

That was the joke.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

*as the Golden Horde descends on her village*

"Yo quiero taco bell"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

no

e: To add a little more, both racism/sexism/et al as institutional forces and the liberal opposition are endogenous to bourgeois society as social relations and values are downstream of the material base. Marxism, as a totalizing theory of critique, encompasses these movements, it doesn't oppose them. Overthrowing the bourgeoisie is the same thing as ending the conditions that create institutional racism.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 3, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

I still don't get why he picked Chuck as his replacement

I don't think he did.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

That was the joke.

I just wanted to call the President Marmalade.

Doctor Teeth posted:

*as the Golden Horde descends on her village*

"Yo quiero taco bell"

quote:

Comms strategist. Blunt ('16). Walker ('12-'15). Rand Paul ('13). Perry ('12) Fiorina ('10); former RNC Online Comms Director; Tory; libertarian; Arsenal fan.

It's not Brexit yet you fuckers! :argh:

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 3, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Because eventually someone's gonna bring up the Skeletons.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

inignot posted:

over whatever pet issue the lesbian left handed albino dwarves of partially Aleutian descent are on about this week, then I'll be the rear end in a top hat.

Holy poo poo, buddy. I mean- no, I mean holy poo poo, buddy.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Okay, that's some heavy metal art.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FizFashizzle posted:

Smoked but didn’t inhale, eh?

Apparently he played EVE with Goonswarm lmao.

I have survived one half of my trip and am in a hotel room.

I come to recommend a recent episode of the Citations Needed podcast, titled "A Matter of Survival - Trivializing Trans Rights as a Boutique “Identity” Issue." It's really good, particularly the guest interview, and is extremely worth listening to and considering engaging with some of the organizations they mention.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

KickerOfMice posted:

Okay, that's some heavy metal art.

It represents jesus rising out of a crater from a nuclear bomb!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Conservative judges.

It's this.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I feel like she meant "mongoloid", as in (discredited, racist, bullshit) 1800s race theory, aka "poo poo neonazis believe".

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It represents jesus rising out of a crater from a nuclear bomb!

:(

It's still pretty metal.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

KickerOfMice posted:

It's still pretty metal.

That is even more metal!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I feel like she meant "mongoloid", as in (discredited, racist, bullshit) 1800s race theory, aka "poo poo neonazis believe".

Did she just delete it?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Ague Proof posted:

Did she just delete it?

Yep

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So it was old timey/subtler racism.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

ahahahahahaha oh god

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That is even more metal!

Indeed, but that just strikes me as a drat overmagnified place to depict the Resurrection. I mean humans caused the A-bomb, but what caused.... ooooooh

Here's how much I know about art. :shrug: Sometimes it takes things a while to sink in. Bad jokes I'm quick with. :v:

I like Odelion Redon and Andy Warhol!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

evilweasel posted:

ahahahahahaha oh god

This was also my reaction and I've never even played EVE.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lightning Knight posted:

I have survived one half of my trip and am in a hotel room.

Oh jesus gently caress >_<

Is this all an elaborate scam to get Congress to buy him a Titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh jesus gently caress >_<

Is this all an elaborate scam to get Congress to buy him a Titan

Lol Titans now are about as common as Battleships were. If he’s still a player he’ll be wanting one of the mega space stations.