Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

FPzero posted:

Cat update: The cat was fine, as it turned out he just really liked the snow!

our long cational nightmare is finally over :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Most of North Carolina got hit with a solid foot (give or take), and I know parts of Virginia got hit pretty bad too but I’m not sure of the exact amount. The next week it was 51 degrees because weather in North Carolina needs Adderall. And since North Carolina isn’t prepared for any kind of severe weather, conditions were still pretty bad (at least here in the mountains)

Confirming this. I have been saying for years that North Carolina has four seasons, Spring, Summer, Winter, and Grab Bag. We will literally get summer sunbathing weather followed by snow.
In the same drat day.
After snowpocalypse, the rain made it so warm my AC kicked back on.

Bruceski posted:

So was the cat ok?

Yes. He was absolutely fine and loved his time outside in the snow. I will provide pictures of him and his sister on request.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Ryushikaze posted:

Yes. He was absolutely fine and loved his time outside in the snow. I will provide pictures of him and his sister on request.

Gonna need them cat pictures. Don't hold out on us.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I kind of liked how the first chest was re-used as a bit of treasure, then a switch puzzle, then a hookshot target.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'd rather fight 3 3D Iron Knuckles than 3 Adventure of Link Iron Knuckles any day of the week

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I had to wait for the right sandwich to watch this update. Can't wait to dig into this baked potato soup bread bowl sandwich.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

last night I enjoyed both this latest update and a simple yet delicious lambwich

that's slices off of a leftover leg of lamb from a fantastic holiday vacation we returned from some days ago, with toasted bread and garlic aioli mustard and a smidge of mayonnaise to keep everything together

it would probably be even better on cracked-wheat sourdough, but we have none so :shrug:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Nothing is better on sourdough

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I understand each individual word in this statement, but they just don't come together to express an opinion that makes any sense

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

How does it feel to be so wrong?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

SatansOnion posted:

I understand each individual word in this statement, but they just don't come together to express an opinion that makes any sense

Oh, my apologies. Let me clarify.

Sourdough is awful. Sourdough tastes like bread that has been poo poo out of Satan's rear end in a top hat, eaten, and poo poo out again. It is a mockery of everything that is good and pure about bread. If I had to choose between world peace and prosperity and getting rid of all the sourdough that is and ever will exist, I would get rid of the sourdough with no hesitation. If I were in the haunted house from that on Buffy episode, my nightmare would be me in a room filled with sourdough bread. If a genie gave me 3 wishes, I'd eradicate sourdough all three times.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Sourdough is awful. Sourdough tastes like bread that has been poo poo out of Satan's rear end in a top hat, eaten, and poo poo out again. It is a mockery of everything that is good and pure about bread. If I had to choose between world peace and prosperity and getting rid of all the sourdough that is and ever will exist, I would get rid of the sourdough with no hesitation. If I were in the haunted house from that on Buffy episode, my nightmare would be me in a room filled with sourdough bread. If a genie gave me 3 wishes, I'd eradicate sourdough all three times.

in that case, I guess that means more for me

That's a metaphorical grenade upon which I am happy to leap

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
gently caress I made quesadillas tonight and forgot to take a picture :(

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

On the subject of lovely bread, why is Texas Toast the only way you can get thick sliced bread? I want a drat slab of honey wheat to pile leftover holiday turkey and cranberry sauce on that doesn't just soak up the liquid from the cranberries and turn to mush. Instead, I'm convinced the three rear end gently caress bakery chains you can find in stores around here are in a competition to see who can slice the bread the thinnest. I'm looking at tortillas at this point just to get a decent slice of bread.

Also, I was really expecting all three Iron Knuckles to activate at the same time, because romhacks.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

pointlessone posted:

On the subject of lovely bread, why is Texas Toast the only way you can get thick sliced bread?

No, you could also get a bread maker! :v:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I was so aghast at the blatant disrespect for sourdough in here that I forgot to post an update yesterday. Definitely the reason.

The events depicted in this video are probably not a sign of things to come. Probably.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That place reminded me of the ice civilization ruins from Skies of Arcadia.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

FPzero posted:

I was so aghast at the blatant disrespect for sourdough in here that I forgot to post an update yesterday. Definitely the reason.

This is discrimination

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Cattail Prophet posted:

Me too. I literally came here to say exactly that.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Sourdough is in fact bottom-tier bullshit, and the one true God is Dutch Crunch/Tiger bread.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Nimpize Adventure and Bread Megathread

I appreciate both the Let's Play and the learning experience itt. Thanks FPzero!

I still like sourdough, and also rye and pumpernickel even sometimes, no apologies dammit

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The only bad bread is bread you're allergic to. Even wonderbread has a place in God's deli.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

azren posted:

No, you could also get a bread maker! :v:

Tried that. Ate entire loaves at a time.

I only regret the calories.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

SatansOnion posted:

Nimpize Adventure and Bread Megathread

I appreciate both the Let's Play and the learning experience itt. Thanks FPzero!

I still like sourdough, and also rye and pumpernickel even sometimes, no apologies dammit
Not a fan of sourdough, but I love rye and enjoy pumpernickel.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Exactly my first thought, but I may be biased in that regard.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Sorry to hear about your busted-rear end taste buds.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Are there any other Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask hacks?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

There are a couple others but I'm unfamiliar with them. And they are nowhere near as extensive as this hack is.

Just what we needed, an even more confusing maze to solve.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I thought you could bomb the brown rocks, you just needed the Hammer for the gray ones.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Next episode is going to be interesting :allears:

Commander Keene posted:

I thought you could bomb the brown rocks, you just needed the Hammer for the gray ones.

Light brown is bombs (or hammer), red/dark brown is hammer, silver is silver gauntlets.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Procrastine posted:

Next episode is going to be interesting :allears:

Light brown is bombs (or hammer), red/dark brown is hammer, silver is silver gauntlets.
That's too many different kinds of rocks, Ocarina!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I was going to say I can't believe he did this but no, no I can totally believe he did this.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The sheer amount of dangerous water hazards required to traverse Hyrule concerns me. Where is the DOT and OSHA? I need to file a complaint.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The sheer amount of dangerous water hazards required to traverse Hyrule concerns me. Where is the DOT and OSHA? I need to file a complaint.
That's Ingo's office, right over there. He's not in right now, though I hear you can usually find him in The Pits.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The Pit is one of the shining moments in the hack imo, it's so unexpected but it works well, and Ingo in the stands is a great touch. Sadly, it's mostly all downhill from here. Hope you like Master Quest romhack design, because that's what most of the remaining game is (the child portion had a lot of this too but it's broken up with overworld exploration, most of the overworld is the same as an adult). The new dungeons are nice but they're much shorter than the redone temples. There's some good parts in this hack that are worth seeing, but the bad parts are so bad. If you haven't played it, I'd recommend continuing to watch FP's LP instead of trying it yourself.

Also you get back in that wasteland you coward :argh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
in hindsight i wonder if it's possible to attack ingo and the dancing gerudos

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Procrastine posted:

The Pit is one of the shining moments in the hack imo, it's so unexpected but it works well, and Ingo in the stands is a great touch. Sadly, it's mostly all downhill from here. Hope you like Master Quest romhack design, because that's what most of the remaining game is (the child portion had a lot of this too but it's broken up with overworld exploration, most of the overworld is the same as an adult). The new dungeons are nice but they're much shorter than the redone temples. There's some good parts in this hack that are worth seeing, but the bad parts are so bad. If you haven't played it, I'd recommend continuing to watch FP's LP instead of trying it yourself.

Also you get back in that wasteland you coward :argh:

I get the feeling it was a "look at what these rom tools are capable of, now your Zelda expertise can run wild" kind of thing. The fact that I can't draw a continous line from any 2 locations on the map, there are jumps impossible to complete without Z-target shenanigans, and the lack of signposting tells me that it wasn't done to make a great game experience

I really like the clams though. Not for eating, clams are gross, but it's got to be real satisfying to fight them with the hookshot after getting your poo poo pushed in

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Door Frame posted:

I really like the clams though. Not for eating, clams are gross, but it's got to be real satisfying to fight them with the hookshot after getting your poo poo pushed in

This reminds of a thought I had last episode, which is that it's a shame the Goron Maze got a redesign as an adult. If it stayed the same (besides the one hookshot gate at the start to make sure you have it, I guess), you could have had a feeling you were growing in power by coming back to a puzzle that stumped you before and trivialising it with a new tool. Y'know, standard Zelda dungeon stuff, just not in a dungeon.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Did anyone as a kid ever see that control stick symbol as the guy wiggling a huge cigar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

He'll dispute it, but I think we're definitely right here.