Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I said come in! posted:

This is horrible and cruel.

Pearl is an adult and can make her own terrible life choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That cereal was me and my cousin’s fukken JAM back when, for all of the two times we bought it

Can’t believe I remember that box art, I also remember gummies where if you found a blue princess (or Luigi?) one you got a prize

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Internet Kraken posted:

Who are the giant streamers that regularly do this

Pewdiepie is basically an open nazi at this point and pretty much every major streamer including 'family friendly' ones came out in support of him and begged people to subscribe to his youtube when it looked like a scary brown people bollywood channel might outdo him. He was also courted by twitch in the wake of his 'gas the jews' propaganda. Ninja clearly did not receive that much flack since he made 10 million dollars and got invited on Ellen despite slinging a racial slur in front of children.

Youtube's algorithms actively recommend alt-right and alt-right adjacent propaganda to people, up to and including playing ads for the alt-right propaganda machine PragerU in front of videos. There have been multiple articles about this, please do some research on this because you are sounding woefully ignorant at best and deliberately disingenuous at worst.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Once again, Broth is a gem

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1080608206584532995?s=19

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HOLY gently caress

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Catfishenfuego posted:

Pewdiepie is basically an open nazi at this point and pretty much every major streamer including 'family friendly' ones came out in support of him and begged people to subscribe to his youtube when it looked like a scary brown people bollywood channel might outdo him. He was also courted by twitch in the wake of his 'gas the jews' propaganda. Ninja clearly did not receive that much flack since he made 10 million dollars and got invited on Ellen despite slinging a racial slur in front of children.

Youtube's algorithms actively recommend alt-right and alt-right adjacent propaganda to people, up to and including playing ads for the alt-right propaganda machine PragerU in front of videos. There have been multiple articles about this, please do some research on this because you are sounding woefully ignorant at best and deliberately disingenuous at worst.

Jesus christ, I literally already mentioned Pewdiepie and addressed him. Why don't you actually read the discussion if you're gonna try to perpetuate it?

If you go back to the original quote chain I was responding to, I was specifically asking what big streamers are actively spreading alt-right propaganda because that is literally what someone said. Ninja saying the n-word once is lovely but its not the same thing. Yes, I know Pewdiepie has done it, but again he's not a Twitch streamer which is what was specifically being discussed at first. Youtube and its rat nest of problems was not the original subject and my only extent of defending that lovely site was too say not all youtubers are nazis. And before you accuse me of splitting hairs, its actually important to distinguish between actively supporting alt-right material and just trying to ignore it. Mainly because when people see some being targeted for the former, they think they are in the clear even if they are passively allowing it to perpetuate.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 3, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all youtubers are definitely nazis, though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

twitch streamers, too

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

But I keep abandoning him down pits. I can't imagine how abusive Yoshi's other partners have been.... :ohdear:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm extremely excited for PikuNiku

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

u r mr greatpartner

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Most of the criticism big streamers get comes from people jealous of their success.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's possible 2 crit ppl with more money than u without being jealous lmao

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

Most of the criticism big streamers get comes from people jealous of their success.

uh huh yeah that's why they don't like the racial slurs they're jealous

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wouldn't want that kind of fame or the amount of work involved in maintaining it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't even need to talk about slurs and money to not like Ninja, dude is like a brick wall to bounce things off of and every single time they try to pair him with someone else for anything, and especially comedy, the dude has negative charisma. Its not his fault since his skill is solo-filling dead air with nothing but visuals to play off of, but it drives me crazu whenever he appears in other stuff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

truly i admit i’m envious of being able to say absolutely repulsive poo poo while suffering absolutely no consequences

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Verranicus posted:

ah yes, everyone is just jealous of being able to say the n-word,

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

whoa

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

it's possible 2 crit ppl with more money than u without being jealous lmao

Yeah it's easy you just gotta get them in the head

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just want there to be lets players that are funny without being lovely people

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like carlsagan42, he's a cool guy. Probably in part because he's part time not doing it as his day job

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

uh huh yeah that's why they don't like the racial slurs they're jealous

I'll call each and every one of you a slur for the chance to floss in front of a crowd in nyc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

and especially the 'comedy' gamers on youtube like crowbcat and dunkey, people keep posting their videos even here when those people have dropped slurs in the past (and one of those two even did a 'we wuz kangz' joke during the assassins creed origins reveal which is basically racism ground zero)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I guess Vinny is also cool, he’s small time and chill without massive racism and misogyny and screeching

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dunkey is legit good and I will not hear otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npxw4Y7w9RE

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah lol if you don't like Dunkey, just lol.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh Dunkey is S-Class yeah, but he like, isn’t a streaming or youtube series personality? He just does occasional one off videos of cool/funny stuff instead of being a talking head over gameplay

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dunkey was too toxic for LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and got banned from it lol

then he whined about it

quote:

“I’ve been consistently putting out League videos since I started out on YouTube,” Dunkey, who has 1.8 million followers on YouTube, said. “So I emailed Riot, I said hey, can you guys unban me so I can finish this video up?

“Now keep in mind, during my whole career of being the top guy promoting their game, for four years, Riot has done almost nothing to help me out or promote me. And I emailed them for this first and only favor, and they respond to me, ‘nope, you’re toxic.’

“And that’s when I realized that this company doesn’t appreciate me at all, or anything I stand for. I think multiplayer games should reward the time and practice you put into them, and that you should be able to call other people scum gently caress bastards, and connect with your friends and have fun playing with them. And League of Legends offers none of these things. So I’m done with it.”

people accused him of using slurs in the game as well

so thats two strikes, using slurs AND playing league of legends

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Black August posted:

Oh Dunkey is S-Class yeah, but he like, isn’t a streaming or youtube series personality? He just does occasional one off videos of cool/funny stuff instead of being a talking head over gameplay

Was more responding to the dude above who threw out a casual "they said something racist once" and was upset people would dare link to them ever.

The 7th Guest posted:

people accused him of using slurs in the game as well

:jerkbag:

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 3, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't like comedy gamers because games are Serious Business

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Does Jim Sterling have any Youtube Crimes besides being A Fat? Please let me know.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We regret to inform you that your favorite high paid video game clown is racist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Does Jim Sterling have any Youtube Crimes besides being A Fat? Please let me know.
afaik his main crime is doing the same video over and over again. DRM bad, MTX bad, lootboxes bad

i mean they are

but for a while it was an unending loop

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

He has some game opinions I disagree with and his shtick can get kind of annoying at times, but as far as I know he's been pretty consistently alright in the last several years. Maybe in his younger days he posted some regrettable stuff but he seems to have genuinely come around since if so.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Jim Sterling's most problematic opinion is that he thinks it's hilarious when he says TRIPLE EHHHHHHH over and over in every video

Oh yeah and he used to dress like a Nazi, remember those days, when it was ridiculous and could be treated as a joke, and now we've got actual gamer nazis everywhere jesus christ

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 3, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't Poochy Yoshi's great partner

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dunkey can edit a funny video but his actual game takes/analysis are usually pretty weak imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

worst thing about people as big as ninja/pewdiepie is their massive reach with kids, so when PDP links to a nazi channel and calls it great, all the kids go to that channel and sub to it, and get indoctrinated

ninja hasn't done anything like that at least

but i can still laugh at him trying to get a bunch of cold rained on tourists in new york to do the floss and failing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i have to disagree about Jim's videos being all the same; it is more due to the fact that the games industry is unrelenting in how many different ways of loving players over they try to implement

also every steam sale I tell myself I'll finish a bunch of badges and then sell all my cards before the sale ends and welp its already the last day and im too lazy at this point