Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fortunately Jack Black has started his own gaming channel so we can forget about all this other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKpbTcAk1E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez goes on the Washington Post Twitch channel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

even with the beard i feel like jack has aged well while kyle ages 100 years for every calendar year

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Verranicus posted:

Most of the criticism big streamers get comes from people jealous of their success.

I'm not "jealous" of their success but I will admit I do sometimes wish I was a somewhat successful streamer just because I like talking to people about games. It'd be really cool if I could just casually stream stuff and have a little group of people to talk to about it. Some games are just more fun when you have an audience to share em with, like Bloodbowl.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't Poochy Yoshi's great partner

Poochy is cute but dumb as bricks and should never be trusted to do anything properly.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Does Jim Sterling have any Youtube Crimes besides being A Fat? Please let me know.

He's an insufferable person I generally agree with, which is much more insufferable than an insufferable person I disagree with.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0vLnxZAijwo

Okay so I'm going crazy here, I heard this part of the chorus or melody or whatever in a sheetz and I can't figure out what it is so I remade it using some website chip tune maker thing, but pretend that that first 5 seconds just looped instead and also it was one of those 80s synth sounds instead of a chip tune.

I've tried those song identifying things but they haven't worked and I've asked others for help but I keep getting songs that don't sound anything even remotely like the thing in the link above and I'm going nuts here and I'm basically stuck in that episode of cromartie high school where it's just them humming trying to figure out what song a tune is from

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
The TV show Angie Tribeca has been naming characters after those guys from that baseball game that was internet famous for a bit.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm unsure if that's genius or laziness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Every single anxious depressed alcoholic millennial handwringing in this thread over which clown-voiced youtube vlogger is going to win this year’s coveted ‘Most Likely To Start The Fourth Reich’ award at Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards VI is definitely going to be herded into a gas chamber by the Gen Z regime in about a decade.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
For the record, my money’s on DarkSydePhil. His racism has laid dormant for a long time, and he’s preparing for something big. I really think this is his year.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

and especially the 'comedy' gamers on youtube like crowbcat and dunkey, people keep posting their videos even here when those people have dropped slurs in the past (and one of those two even did a 'we wuz kangz' joke during the assassins creed origins reveal which is basically racism ground zero)

crowbcat is a group and they've had 4channer dogwhistling since the beginning eg the focus on that lovely "feminism is awesome" humor line in the Battleborn one and the editing in the videos to make developers seem incompetent/dishonest to stoke outrage. People just didn't notice until it got really obvious and it hit a game they liked.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
ProZD is going to be the next big white supremacist revealed. Very confusing since he is not white, but thems the breaks.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Every single anxious depressed alcoholic millennial handwringing in this thread over which clown-voiced youtube vlogger is going to win this year’s coveted ‘Most Likely To Start The Fourth Reich’ award at Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards VI is definitely going to be herded into a gas chamber by the Gen Z regime in about a decade.

*checks watch* yup, nice meltdown

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AllisonByProxy posted:

The TV show Angie Tribeca has been naming characters after those guys from that baseball game that was internet famous for a bit.

Is it a credits joke or do they speak these names in the show?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

dunkey was too toxic for LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and got banned from it lol

then he whined about it

people accused him of using slurs in the game as well

so thats two strikes, using slurs AND playing league of legends

For a time some moron viewers thought he was black because he was a dumb teen posting himself singin raps with the nword in them so yeah he used the slurs

Saint Freak posted:

ProZD is going to be the next big white supremacist revealed. Very confusing since he is not white, but thems the breaks.

I want to stay subbed to prozd but he puts out a hour of garbage unboxing vids for every funny 20 second thing

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

I want to stay subbed to prozd but he puts out a hour of garbage unboxing vids for every funny 20 second thing

Yeah, I just follow on twitter because he usually puts the short stuff there without the unboxing stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Most of the criticism big streamers get comes from people jealous of their success.

That really hasn’t been what I have observed. Male streamers never get any criticism (unless they are being openly racist). It’s only the women streamers, which unsurprisingly there is a massive amount of sexism on Twitch. A popular YouTube channel called TwitchFails, focuses exclusively on shaming women on Twitch. Considering YouTube is a direct competitor of Twitch, it’s in their best interest to allow this channel to exist and remain super popular despite it being entirely against their terms of service.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Well, JonTron.....

GUI posted:

crowbcat is a group and they've had 4channer dogwhistling since the beginning eg the focus on that lovely "feminism is awesome" humor line in the Battleborn one and the editing in the videos to make developers seem incompetent/dishonest to stoke outrage. People just didn't notice until it got really obvious and it hit a game they liked.

I dunno the Battleborn one seemed pretty on point, considering how much of a tire fire that game was.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

For the record, my money’s on DarkSydePhil. His racism has laid dormant for a long time, and he’s preparing for something big. I really think this is his year.

He got his moment that time he jerked off live on stream. It's over for him already! Not even being racist can top that!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Northernlion

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

haveblue posted:

Is it a credits joke or do they speak these names in the show?

They're spoken in the show. That's how I noticed. First one I caught was Bobson Dugnutt. After that I looked up the old image and started looking out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

DarkSydePhil was LPer Patient Zero because he lost a partnership years ago because he couldn't stop himself from making Holocaust "jokes".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what the hell happened to rikku's face

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Don't do drugs, kids.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

Don't do drugs, kids.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

thinkin about bideo germ music again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0LAs9KiXc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

thinkin about bideo germ music again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0LAs9KiXc

This is a pro-click link.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i always remember that along with the first mission it played in because it was also the first mission to be on a dark night

there's nothing out there yet that's duplicated how thrilled i was as a kid playing this, thinking i was being a fuckin robot ninja of the night (for you see, i had found the night vision key :cool:)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Accordion Man posted:

Don't do drugs, kids.

too late

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never used a drug in any fallout game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So in retrospect, what was GotY 2017?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

So in retrospect, what was GotY 2017?

Nier Automata

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Goddamn Spiderverse is a loving good movie.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

should i do expert or normal sphere grid, i ain't know how to play a ffx

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

Expert if you like customization, normal if you don't and want to pretend the game has a boring level up system

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XII American PS2 release had the better license board. Don't @ me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XII American PS2 release had the better license board. Don't @ me.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Expert allows you to muck around with what roles characters have which, if you dont know what your doing could have some significant issues as the game was not retuned to account for this. An upside and downside is the expert grid has less blank nodes; the upside is it means more level ups do things for your characters but the down side is it means your power caps out lower if you plan to do the post game if youre sick in the head.

A good, if stupid sounding, medium is to pick expert grid and then just assign everybody to their normal roles.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The starting stats in FFX kind of drive characters towards their default roles anyways. Like Lulu will just suck if you send her down a physical path. But there's a bunch of weird cross-synergy you can potentially get and the expert grid makes it much easier to duck and weave between paths if there's some lackluster nodes in one section.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

A better FF10 would have had every character have one of two or three possible classes they could become depending on what road you take, like starting in favor of one obvious path, a bit more work to reach a more balanced path, and then opposite haul for a class the dead opposite of what you're predisposed towards

So it could be Yuna the White Mage, Yuna the Paladin, or Yuna the Stick rear end-Beater kind of deal

Makes me wish on a related note for Secret of Mana to have 2's cool multiclass system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah its important to note in FF10 a +1 to a stat during the main game is actually a pretty signficant bump, so characters starting stats have a bigger influence than it might appear ar first glance. It seems free-form to give everybody whatever role you want but you are very likely going to make a game that did a good job tying character progression to difficulty break that correlation and not in your favor.