Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ZenMaster posted:

Hey C-Bag!

Anyways, did it chop him up, was it a bloody film?

And hi to you my friend.

No, wasn't bloody from what I remember. The scene basically took place at a boat dock (hence the outboard motor). Guy getting attacked eventually won from what I remember. Before that IIRC it was some crazy fist fight type stuff.

One of those "I was like 7, shouldn't have been up this late but the old man gave me a pass moment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ZenMaster posted:

Yeah, same here, used to watch them over and over on CC as a kid, but that line stuck with me for years. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to watch them all again, just wish I knew the episode as well! :)

Just FYI, our glorious media leader, CBC.ca has them all available, at least if you're in Canada. Not sure about accessing them from another, lesser, undeserving country :colbert:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just FYI, our glorious media leader, CBC.ca has them all available, at least if you're in Canada. Not sure about accessing them from another, lesser, undeserving country :colbert:

:canada::canada::canada:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Colostomy Bag posted:

And hi to you my friend.

No, wasn't bloody from what I remember. The scene basically took place at a boat dock (hence the outboard motor). Guy getting attacked eventually won from what I remember. Before that IIRC it was some crazy fist fight type stuff.

One of those "I was like 7, shouldn't have been up this late but the old man gave me a pass moment."

Was it The Deep? Matches your time frame, and there's a fistfight with an outboard motor involved. Here's the scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Was it The Deep? Matches your time frame, and there's a fistfight with an outboard motor involved. Here's the scene:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro

God dang, you are right. But your link sure was fascinating.

This thread amazes me.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Colostomy Bag posted:

God dang, you are right. But your link sure was fascinating.

This thread amazes me.

Whoops! I mustve still had that from copy-pasting to another thread. Sorry!

Yeah, that one was tricky. I searched something like "movie fight scene boat motor", found a link to a book called "75 Best Fight Scenes", and in the preview there was a fragment like "...stunt coordinator Fred Stromsoe was suggested a prop outboard motor be used." So I looked up his IMDB, and thought a movie called "The Deep" made in '77 would fit the bill.

Wooo, I'm 2 for 2 on movies I've never seen! I like this game. :)

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Late 70s/early 80s horror film. I think it takes place at sea on a large shipping vessel. They bring up some kind of biological sample from the ocean floor and it promptly starts infecting people. I vaguely remember the monster infecting/impregnating a woman towards the end and then turning into some Big 80s Guy in a Suit creature for the showdown. I think the title is like The Horror or The Menace, but it's not The Entity or Creature. It definitely predates Leviathan and Deep Star Six. Any ideas?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are you sure it's not Leviathan? There's infections and it's definitely a stupid rubber suit by the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa1uJbTy6XE

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Whoops! I mustve still had that from copy-pasting to another thread. Sorry!

Yeah, that one was tricky. I searched something like "movie fight scene boat motor", found a link to a book called "75 Best Fight Scenes", and in the preview there was a fragment like "...stunt coordinator Fred Stromsoe was suggested a prop outboard motor be used." So I looked up his IMDB, and thought a movie called "The Deep" made in '77 would fit the bill.

Wooo, I'm 2 for 2 on movies I've never seen! I like this game. :)

Yeah, after you found it I'm like dang going to have watch this one.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

The Macaroni posted:

Late 70s/early 80s horror film. I think it takes place at sea on a large shipping vessel. They bring up some kind of biological sample from the ocean floor and it promptly starts infecting people. I vaguely remember the monster infecting/impregnating a woman towards the end and then turning into some Big 80s Guy in a Suit creature for the showdown. I think the title is like The Horror or The Menace, but it's not The Entity or Creature. It definitely predates Leviathan and Deep Star Six. Any ideas?

Made-for-tv junk Alien rip-off "The Intruder Within", watch it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08gvhJG2Yk

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Sir Nose posted:

Nailed it, thank you! Hah, I remembered watching it on TV but hadn't realized it was a made-for-TV movie. Link to the corny "birthing" scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08gvhJG2Yk&t=4831s (work-safe, shows nothing)

I remember asking my mom, "Uhh did she just give birth to the Silly Monster or did she become the Silly Monster?"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
In this 80s (early 90s?) dark comedy, or action comedy it opens with a little girl telling a class or family a story that sounds very improbable.

It involves a logging town (logging baron, also a twin?) an inheritance(?) and possibly a murder. There are a couple of drunken hillbillies at one point. At the end the girl is vindicated somehow.

e2: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105078/

found it by describing it, natch, it was the twin part that helped

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 17, 2018

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sir Nose posted:

Holy, holy crap.

That scene at 21:44 is something I've vaguely remembered for decades, the guy getting "stung" by the barbed egg-thing. I must have seen this on television when it originally aired. Thanks for finding a movie I didn't remember well enough to even ask about.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I saw a movie as a kid that involved a group of characters with some sort of regeneration powers. I think they were aliens or something but they looked human. I think it ended with everyone being blown up and a close up on a severed finger starting to twitch implying that the guy still wasn't dead.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
An asian movie about gangs (probably triads), much group fighting with weapons. I distinctly remember a scene where during a fight in an apartment a character takes a machete out of the freezer where there was also money or drugs.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Do they shave a woman's head and tattoo a rooster on it?

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Do they shave a woman's head and tattoo a rooster on it?

Now that sounds like a scene from a movie I'd like to watch!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Stickfigure posted:

Now that sounds like a scene from a movie I'd like to watch!

Well you're in luck because it's the only thing from Street Of Fury (1996) I can find a video of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAP_XqI2k1M

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Very vague, but trying to recall a scene where someone is shot/executed near the end of a runway while a plane is taking off or landing

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The Wild Geese?
Richard Burton is trying to get on the plane, gets shot running after it as it takes off, while uh, Richard Harris(?) tries to grab his hand.

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 26, 2018

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It happens at the end of Heat where All Pacino uses the light of a plane taking off to work out where Robert Di Nero is.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Tsietisin posted:

It happens at the end of Heat where All Pacino uses the light of a plane taking off to work out where Robert Di Nero is.

My brain was like ‘this could be a million movies’, but didn’t remember this could apply to one of my favourites :doh:

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Thanks guys, but figured it out with tvtropes cacophony cover-up. It was Sleepers. I’m sure it was used in other movies, but this was the instance I was remembering.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Probably a bit of a long shot. This may have been a made-for-TV thing and shorter than a movie, but I'm almost certain it wasn't part of a series. All I remember is that there was a guy staying on campus at a university and he found some mammoth bones out in the woods... not a lot to go on, except I think it was Canadian. I don't think it was spooky or anything, just some kind of quirky slice-of-life thing. It would have to be at least 20 years old as well.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like I'm going nuts. Don't know if this is tv or film or a fever dream.

Male: A Jeremy Piven to you.
Male 2: Jeremy Piven to you as well sir!

Jeremy Piven is replacing "good day". I feel like its used several times. Anyone?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I swear I've heard this before too.

Unless it's a new "it doesn't do anything, that's the beauty of it".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

I feel like I'm going nuts. Don't know if this is tv or film or a fever dream.

Male: A Jeremy Piven to you.
Male 2: Jeremy Piven to you as well sir!

Jeremy Piven is replacing "good day". I feel like its used several times. Anyone?

Listen to the Comedy Bang Bang podcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-B2HO75ZKY

edit: It might've carried over to the CBB TV show. I dunno.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 2, 2019

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teenage Fansub posted:

Listen to the Comedy Bang Bang podcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-B2HO75ZKY

edit: It might've carried over to the CBB TV show. I dunno.

Naw thats what started the convo. I sang this and my roommate thinks the first thing happened, and subsequently I do as well. Feels like Samberg or Jonah Hill is saying it, but I searched for a while and got nothing.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Half-rekindled memory of two people trapped in a pit with spikes slowly jutting out of the walls. Probably an 80's movie, I want to say one of them dies but the other managed to slip between the spikes and crawls out. The spikes moving instead of the walls is the part I remember most.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Let me be the first to make sure it’s not Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
^you mean Temple of Doom.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
IIRC there was such a scene in Krull.
e: Yup, a pretty gruesome one too.

Zopotantor fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 3, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zopotantor posted:

Here we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFlcS-hGgME&t=6187s
1:43:07 if the timestamp doesn't work

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Origami Dali posted:

^you mean Temple of Doom.

Except no one dies in Doom, there’s just bones in the spike room: Raiders, there’s Forrestal already impaled when they enter and Satipo impaled on the way out. So no, I don’t mean Temple Of Doom.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Freakazoid_ posted:

Half-rekindled memory of two people trapped in a pit with spikes slowly jutting out of the walls. Probably an 80's movie, I want to say one of them dies but the other managed to slip between the spikes and crawls out. The spikes moving instead of the walls is the part I remember most.

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone?
It had a Running Man type segment with spikes and traps where the first got killed and the next survived.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
This has been bugging me for like a year now. I feel like it's an instantly recognizable but not widely seen film, and I don't remember enough to catch it with any easy searches.

The movie's from the 1970s, possibly 1960s, maaaybe 1980s. (Pretty sure it was the 70s.) I watched it maybe 5-10 years ago because I read some description of a scene very close to the end, which is now the only scene I can remember. The main character is investigating some kind of conspiracy throughout the movie, and near the end they manage to get into a major facility of the conspirators. They sit down and watch some propaganda/brainwashing film, and for the rest of the movie (10-15 minutes?) it's harder to interpret the character's actions and motivations. The brainwashing film is the part that gets talked about, the reason I heard of the movie: for the whole duration, the camera's perspective is the same as the character's. Instead of showing the audience the character they've been following, and what effect it's having on them, you're subjected to the experience yourself and have to make your own response to it. I'm pretty sure the propaganda/brainwashing film didn't have any words, was just colors and shapes and sounds, and ran around 1 to 5 minutes.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. This scene is floating around my mind as a contextless piece of commentary on postmodernist deconstruction of viewer-subject distinction blah blah I can't even remember when or why I heard of it.

edit: Son of a bitch it's The Parallax View, a movie I was just reading about that reminded me of this contextless memory and made me want to know what it was from. Thank you, thread. This was much more helpful than just looking that movie up on Wikipedia. (Seriously, it doesn't mention the weird perspective-shift that was the key thing I remembered.)

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 4, 2019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Zopotantor posted:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFlcS-hGgME&t=6187s
1:43:07 if the timestamp doesn't work

It was this, thanks!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Okay this is driving me nuts because I saw whatever it was not that long ago. But I also watch a lot of older stuff, so who knows.

A show, I think, with an episode where the main male character sees visions of a son he might have if something in his life were to go a certain way (a romantic plot, maybe?) But at the end of the episode he accepts, for whatever reason, that it's not going to happen and says goodbye to this imaginary son. It made me sad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

artsy fartsy posted:

Okay this is driving me nuts because I saw whatever it was not that long ago. But I also watch a lot of older stuff, so who knows.

A show, I think, with an episode where the main male character sees visions of a son he might have if something in his life were to go a certain way (a romantic plot, maybe?) But at the end of the episode he accepts, for whatever reason, that it's not going to happen and says goodbye to this imaginary son. It made me sad.

Shot in the dark, but this sounds like it could have been Awake, which ran on NBC for a season something like seven or eight years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Vavrek posted:

The Parallax View

It crops up from time to time because of the scene where Beatty gets on the airliner and pays the stewardess for his ticket like he’s catching a bus.