Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Winterdyne has some cool movement trays that you can reposition to wrap around enemies and poo poo

http://www.winterdyne.com/3d-printed-products/

I haven't ordered from him but follow on instragram and thought the product looked cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Genesys would fit AOS role play pretty well imo

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Thank you for the replies, I'll check out Winterdyne/the 40K thread!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My Wargor Standard Bearer arrived, what a majestic beast.

I also got Gorthor, but planning to use him as a beast lord on foot and put a regular gor on the chariot

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
second round of gloomspite updates out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/03/gloomspite-gitz-preview-part-2-relics-spells-and-heroesgw-homepage-post-1

love this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Plavski posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/02/gloomspite-gitz-preview-part-1-the-basics-and-allegiance-abilitiesgw-homepage-post-4

Gloomspite have an interesting allegiance thing where they follow the path of the Bad Moon as it moves over the battlefield over the course of rounds. Going to be some interesting counter-play opportunities.

I wonder if the bad moon in the endless spells box is a tracker for this and that’s why they have four in there.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if the bad moon in the endless spells box is a tracker for this and that’s why they have four in there.

Seems like a waste of a model if one of your endless spells is just a tracker for an allegiance ability. If you didn't get the spells you'd be tracking it anyway.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/a-quick-heads-up

Citadel paints and some Start Collecting boxes going up in price. It's almost as if getting materials is about to become a lot harder for some reason :thunk:

Addendum:

WarhammerTV did a match between Gloomspite and Slyvaneth if anyone fancies seeing how they play: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/357814479

Plavski fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 4, 2019

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/4th-jan-gloomspite-gitz-preview-3-warscrollsgw-homepage-post-1/

Warscroll previews for some grot units are on the community. Mangler Squigs have fly lol.

Also:drugnerd: Dankhold:drugnerd: troggboss

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 4, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New Zealand has a bunch of warscrolls for people to check out too.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-N...546691400000%5D

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

New Zealand has a bunch of warscrolls for people to check out too.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-N...546691400000%5D

What the gently caress are those Zimbabwe prices

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plavski posted:

What the gently caress are those Zimbabwe prices

NZ bucks. Soul Wars is 250 there.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Almost done painting these ghosts. I need to figure out how to make the bases a bit more interesting, maybe some grass of some kind. Maybe do a wash on the ghosts themselves, but I don't really know if that will help or hurt. I also don't know if I want to add some blood to the weapons. I wanted to give them a rust effect, but I haven't been able to use the nihilakh oxide very well yet.

I need to fix these awful candles. No idea how to paint them.

So far the ghosts are difficult to assemble, and painting them is difficult. It's a ton of fun though because the models look so cool, and painting them is so unlike painting anything else I've done so far.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Chainclaw posted:

Almost done painting these ghosts. I need to figure out how to make the bases a bit more interesting, maybe some grass of some kind. Maybe do a wash on the ghosts themselves, but I don't really know if that will help or hurt. I also don't know if I want to add some blood to the weapons. I wanted to give them a rust effect, but I haven't been able to use the nihilakh oxide very well yet.

I need to fix these awful candles. No idea how to paint them.

So far the ghosts are difficult to assemble, and painting them is difficult. It's a ton of fun though because the models look so cool, and painting them is so unlike painting anything else I've done so far.

Snow always works well if you're trying to not introduce a new colour. For mine I'm trying to keep all my Death stuff on a really monochrome / dark base, besides the odd spot of rust and a bit of green light here and there. I'm going Legions of Nagash with some allies for the units not covered in the Battletome (Banshees).

The Nighthaunt guys being predominantly green means that I've used the same green as the "Ethereal/Undead" magic colour on the non-Nighthaunt guys to try and tie them together e.g. eyes on the Skeletons and the magic effects on the Necromancers.

Speaking of Necromancers, I built this guy last night and am looking forward to putting some paint on him this weekend.

He's an undead Necromancer so a Lich I guess.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

New expansion, flesh eater courts Vs skaven, carrion empire.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/05/breaking-news-new-models-new-expansions-and-exclusive-revealsgw-homepage-post-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKr47ziSxo

Plavski fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 5, 2019

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Oh thank gently caress, I was beginning to worry that Skaven would be forgotten forever.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Any other new moonspite models to be revealed or is that all the new kits?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

We've seen all the kits, but not every combination

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Spikey Bitz is talking like they got word these two are getting more love in the near future but it's Spikey Bitz so they're probably making poo poo up.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
GW responded to a FB comment about a unified Skaven battletome with something like "that's a great idea"

Could be bait, but I'd certainly be chuffed if we got that.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Spikey Bitz is talking like they got word these two are getting more love in the near future but it's Spikey Bitz so they're probably making poo poo up.

In this case they're literally just copy-pasting what was posted on the Community website.

Warhammer Community posted:

This boxed set will be out soon – and we’re not stopping there. In the coming weeks, we’ll have even more exciting news on the way for Skaven and Flesh-eater Courts players…

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

There are a load more pre-orders next week too.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Aww yiss

2019 off to a good start

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just a heads up for folks here - Worldsmith Industries are closing down and having a stock clearance with some big savings available - https://worldsmithindustries.com/

From experience it's good stuff (I backed the KS and won a bunch of the ruins through the Oath thread a few years back) and you'd be supporting fellow goon Germ, so go check it out!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Leaked pricelist for the new start collecting boxes shows an Idoneth and Maggotkin box on the near horizon. Wonder what the Idoneth will offer different to the battleforce. I expect it'll have leviadon as the centerpiece with thralls and a leader like a soul scryer. It'll be disappointing for many if there are allopexes in it as there's a lot of negative community opinion on them. That'll probably change come June but until then...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What’s wrong with allopexes?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've not managed to put mine together yet for the table, but the impression is they don't hit quite hard enough for their points, especially when Morrsar Guard are only 20 points more. I'd have to actually assemble the drat things and put them on the table to confirm that, although I'm struck by how bad the net launcher appears compared to the harpoon.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Plavski posted:

Leaked pricelist for the new start collecting boxes shows an Idoneth and Maggotkin box on the near horizon. Wonder what the Idoneth will offer different to the battleforce. I expect it'll have leviadon as the centerpiece with thralls and a leader like a soul scryer. It'll be disappointing for many if there are allopexes in it as there's a lot of negative community opinion on them. That'll probably change come June but until then...

Leviadon is too pricey to be in a start collecting, isn't it? There's be no way they could add anything else.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Lungboy posted:

Leviadon is too pricey to be in a start collecting, isn't it? There's be no way they could add anything else.

The lizardman one has a carnosaur and knights.

The fyreslayers one has that giant fire lizard and if you try to buy it solo they send you the start collecting box because they cost the same.

I think tbe point of most start collecting boxes is to be a deal "too good" to pass up. I started my beast of chaos with 3 start collecting boxes and picked up a 4th recently because i needed an extra unit of ungors and a cygor

Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 7, 2019

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What’s wrong with allopexes?

Overcosted for their low bravery. The common perception is that you should use eels which are much better value for a similar effect.

As for the leviadon in the box, yeah it's expensive, but there's a lot of overlap with the battleforce that they might want to avoid otherwise. But with the limited time battleforce stock, maybe they don't mind. maybe they'll go with volturnos as the center piece as he can be built two ways so it wouldn't be a waste for people who already have him.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Got the Nightvault box and couldn't find anyone to unload the Sigmar models onto, so decided to keep them. Posting this here in the Sigmar thread too, in case people are interested in seeing some simple "not-Stormcast" conversion ideas.

Added some old Tomb Kings bits to them so they'd look like hulking armored Lords next to my collection of skeletons.

The slightest Stormcast got some extra work. I trimmed down the edges of the pauldrons so they're a bit smaller, shaved down the dangling arm-cloths to be a bit thinner, and hacked off the giant chunk of billowing cloak. I also trimmed the skull to have a more delicate jawline and orbital bones. All of the changes are subtle, but I think they really make a huge difference in the overall proportions.

They'll be painted turquoise and bronze to match my Tomb Kings, with a stripe of animal pelt (leopard/tiger) on the tabard. I think the bright vertical stripe will slim them down visually, since "fat C-3PO" is a Stormcast look I'm trying to move away from.

Here's some more peasants to serve their new chunky Lords.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

New White Dwarf is really good. Plenty of stuff actually worth reading and not just page after page of adverts.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Plavski posted:

New White Dwarf is really good. Plenty of stuff actually worth reading and not just page after page of adverts.

Is it in stores now or does it get mailed early to subscribers?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is it in stores now or does it get mailed early to subscribers?

Subscribers got it last week and it's in stores now.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Considering buying into this.

Dudes, tell me about Flesheater Court and Idoneth.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Painted some more Legions of Nagash stuff

Another Necromancer

The Banshees from my Secret Santa <3 (Nighthaunt Allies)

Varghiests because I needed another colour

Everything so far.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Gorefiend posted:

I would like to know more about Flesheater Courts as well.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
FEC are pretty awesome. The Ghoul King radiates a magical madness (like a glamour) that infects the rest of the ghouls. It causes them to think that they are noblemen and knights (similar to the Bretonnians) instead of carrion eating monsters.

Interestingly, in the core rulebook, there's a portion where it mentions that an army of ghouls went on a crusade to help some Stormcasts in fighting Chaos, and were taken aback when the Stormcasts attacked them too. They were confused and shocked, and retreated to their island holdout.

The fluff in the battletome is actually pretty good and worth a read. That being said there's "big news coming soon" for FEC and Skaven, so you may want to hold off on any purchases.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Gorefiend posted:

From a lore perspective, Flesh Eater Courts are starved cannibals who go insane and think they are actually kings. This delusion spreads to other ghouls who also think they are knights and heroes. They believe they are riding into battle of flying steeds (zombie dragons) and pinning badges (victim bones) to their chests (through their chests) after defeating (eating) them in glorious battle (horrible slaughter).

Overall they are crazy cannibal ghouls who believe they are kings and princes saving the realm from evil. They're pretty rad.

Gamewise, they are ghoul hordes who regenerate lost minions at a frightening pace and move faster and club hard. They're also pretty easy to paint. They have a limited model range, but that's actually in their favour. With a few start collecting boxes, you can built the contents in so many different ways that you can have a full competitive army with just that. They're also getting a new box with the Skaven and a new model!

One caveat is that they're kinda old now and their tome is behind the times. They don't play like a 2.0 army, but the new box is an indication that they'll get some strong 2.0 love this year.

Idoneth are the PTSD suffering Aelf souls Heimlich'd out of Slaanesh from the world-that-was. Being traumatised for having been inside a Chaos God's gut for A Long rear end Time they ran under the sea. There they realised that their young were born without souls - uh oh. So now they raid the land and steal the souls of anyone they find while riding on giant sharks, turtles and eels.

Gameplay wise, they literally bring the sea with them when they fight, so have a cool rule where the sea comes in with them and gives them bonuses for being at different tidal stages, high tide, ebb tide etc. You can build them a few ways, lots of dudes who come back to life, or hardcore cavalry that hit fast and hard, or spellcaster sneaky guys who flit around the battlefield, or a combination of any. They're fun and powerful!

They also have a beautiful range of models, are brand new so have great rules, have good lore and are awesome to paint. I have a bunch of them myself and they are a delight even just to have on your shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Plavski posted:

They also have a beautiful range of models, are brand new so have great rules, have good lore and are awesome to paint. I have a bunch of them myself and they are a delight even just to have on your shelf.

In the announcement article they said specifically that big news was coming for those 2. So I'd expect a new battletome at the very least (stormcast got a new one with 2.0 so its got precedent)