Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1080871990075056128

jesus christ

dems, hire me as a consultant

the proper response is "what a petty, fat bitch"

She's not good at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i say "was" because i like to remind old people that he's dead

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

it's not because nobody ever actually says it

“Well maybe some pettiness is what we need right now!”
“Still 10x better than Hillary!”
“lol u triggered, lib? it’s called a joke”
“who cares the conservative Supreme Court is gonna ban abortions, the wall is being built, and America is back on top. Thank Jesus for Trump”
“Petty namecalling is all you can do? You’re just as bad as Trump!”

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I too conduct thorough background checks on every meme author to see if I should laugh at their joke picture or not.

Fair. At this point in the timeline, you'd p much have to be a historian to remember the Ben Shapiro Columbus Day Special.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Serf posted:

you can't measure intelligence with a loving test

then the word has no meaning

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

sonatinas posted:

some of y’all are using outdated info about how intelligence tests by licensed psychologists are done these days, they’re normed to the general population (talking USA here) and have better error rates than blood tests. it’s a lot different now. Also, they’re quite copyright protected and also heavily guarded from the general public so it doesn’t mess up scoring.

it’s really only useful for people who score pretty dang low , nobody cares unless it’s so low you got an disability and your whole schooling has to be tailored to it

Lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Native people are cool as gently caress almost across the board and it blows rear end that 1) there's not a lot of them left and 2) people everywhere treat them like poo poo

Idk when my pasty rear end lived in the Navajo nation I got my rear end beat all the time for being white, not to say they weren't justified in feeling that way towards me but it still sucked

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Serf posted:

my grandma said that one of my ancestors was robert e. lee. gently caress that guy, and piss on his bones. the past loving sucks and it should be left as a reminder of how stupid we all were

yep

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yinlock posted:

the couple days after it was discovered that the vikings were muslim was incredible

that was one of my favorite days because its like been known forever

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmZ posted:

You're getting it

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Serf posted:

sounds like you’re an expert in neuropsychology

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Warren is way too well bred to ever respond effectively to tormo

well now your using race science

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Don't claim to be native American ya morons. pretend to be part of the Rothschild Illuminati bloodline so that George Soros will make Rihanna have sex with you and you can get a cushy job with the NWO

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
anyone who gets a sudden burst of knowledge about their ancestry or genealogy and thinks that it meaningfully changes who they are as a person is weak of mind and won't survive their first harsh winter

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one of my dads told me that a long time ago one of my ancesors was a straight woman but theres no loving way thats possible

Serf
May 5, 2011

ArmZ posted:

measuring intelligence takes us down a real loving dark road every single time

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Serf posted:

That's nice Serf but you still have to wear your life helmet so you don't hurt yourself again trying to get dressed, the doctor says so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she didn't immediately start making fun of trump

she sucks

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sonatinas posted:

Sounds like your an expert in phrenology

Serf
May 5, 2011

sonatinas posted:

i am, thank u for noticing

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Serf posted:

wtf, intelligence is easily quantified and actually just a measure of one's ability to recall jokes from the simpsons seasons 1 thru 9

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

measured higher than u are

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mad.radhu posted:

anyone who gets a sudden burst of knowledge about their ancestry or genealogy and thinks that it meaningfully changes who they are as a person is weak of mind and won't survive their first harsh winter

Got bad news about harsh winters

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pomp posted:

You're getting it

so stop using it and it's synonyms

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

That's nice Serf but you still have to wear your life helmet so you don't hurt yourself again trying to get dressed, the doctor says so.

lmao shut the gently caress up hamprince

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Serf posted:

iq is the dumbest poo poo imaginable. imagine trying to measure intelligence on some universal scale as if humans aren't insanely complicated

http://simondedeo.com/?p=337

quote:

We worry about the next generation of bird-watchers. Can we identify them? Can we spot diamond bird-watchers in the rough? To help, some psychologists create a test. The test is based on introspecting on what bird watching is really about. The psychologists ponder it, watch some bird-watchers, and decide it looks like they’re really good at sitting still.

The test, therefore, is how long you can sit in a chair without moving. This is administered in controlled conditions. You have to put your hands in your lap, palms up, there’s a timer, and you don’t get to see the particular chair you’re sitting in ahead of time. Movement is judged by the person who administers the test, at first, but it’s now been upgraded to laser-ranging systems that eliminate sources of bias.

The test works! It turns out that if you can’t sit still in a chair for more than five minutes, you will never make it as a bird-watcher. Not only that, but if you can break the thirty-minute mark, you have an elevated probability of becoming a great bird-watcher. Sitting still captures bird-watching ability.

What do people who teach bird-watching know about a person’s capacity to learn bird-watching? the psychologists say. Our best studies now show that we can isolate the ultimate essence of birding, the principal component of all the tests. It is a test conducted in a white room, with a chair of so-and-so-weight. All stimuli are excluded. It is totally silent. Nobody is present in the room. There are no windows.

Some birders hear about this test and are amazed. The test now excludes absolutely everything we think matters about bird-watching, they say: responsiveness to external stimuli, to other birders in the field, to dynamic upsets, false leads, the thrill of the chase, the intuitions, the third-sight. Doesn’t this disprove that the sitting-still task is a measure of bird watching?

Fine, if sitting still is not birding, the psychologists say, what else could it be? Could you define birding for us?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*peasant running up from down in the dirt gulag*

sir sir it turns out im of royal descent see im a bastard and *gets murdered*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

euphronius posted:

Warren is way too well bred to ever respond effectively to tormo

the best thing she could do is absolutely nothing~

the comedy here is that most of us now how this will go down

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

tldr

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
only test that matters

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

white sauce posted:

I think warren is an implicit white supremacist and a neoliberal idiot shill so I’m calling her Pocahontas from the left.

gently caress her for trying to prove successfully proving her white, privileged pasty rear end is actually part of the few surviving native Americans

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

punished milkman posted:

wtf, intelligence is easily quantified and actually just a measure of one's ability to recall jokes from the simpsons seasons 1 thru 9

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Dem primaries need a diss track as a prerequisite

Serf
May 5, 2011

Siljmonster posted:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

new kind of cat posted:

this thread now loves ben shapiro and the circle is complete

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im 3/25s djinn and 1/18th the butterfly looking guys from galaga

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i have native ancestors but my tribe is one of the ones that had members join the confederacy and kept slaves lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

sonatinas posted:

neuropsychology

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
lmao, neuropsychology