Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
P-pie charts!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I can’t believe how hype I am for a paradox game. They seem to be mashing all the best parts of their games together to make this one and it looks amazing. I told myself not to let this happen again but classical history is my favourite time period

Prepared to be disappointed again and still play 300 hours in the months following release!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pdxjohan posted:

I was writing it from home ;)
You're too good to us.

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006
KRDH 1.9 be out, which means I need to get off my rear end and properly unfuck the precarious tower that is my hodge-podge tech/leader mod.

poo poo.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I like the different supply requirements for different units.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Corvinus posted:

KRDH 1.9 be out, which means I need to get off my rear end and properly unfuck the precarious tower that is my hodge-podge tech/leader mod.

poo poo.

people still work on that?

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

people still work on that?

Not many. They barely had the manpower to get 1.9 out.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Charlz Guybon posted:

I like the different supply requirements for different units.

When he added that he came up with the biggest smile on the office "I've nerfed your strategy"
My strategy being Carthage, make poo poo ton of money and dump thousands upon thousands of elephants in Rome. It was very satisfying.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Groogy posted:

When he added that he came up with the biggest smile on the office "I've nerfed your strategy"
My strategy being Carthage, make poo poo ton of money and dump thousands upon thousands of elephants in Rome. It was very satisfying.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

On Jan. 8th is going to be the first Imperator Twitch stream.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Add elephants to HoI4 please.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefant

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Elephants are wasted invading Rome

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

i think that elefant is already in HoI4 as one of the heavy (superheavy?) tank destroyer variants.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Gort posted:

Elephants are wasted invading Rome

Ban this sick filth. You'll see compared to Tanks, Elephants are way more suited at invading Rome than Tanks invading the USSR.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

Add elephants to HoI4 please.

Put DDRJake on the HoI4 team and he'll find a way to include paradropping elephants.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

i think that elefant is already in HoI4 as one of the heavy (superheavy?) tank destroyer variants.

Just normal heavy. Think it was Tiger tier whichever one that was?

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/composerandreas/status/1080862377296445440

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well its not victoria since that just uses uncopyrighted classical music (and is fantastic for it)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is always room for change. If Waldetoft wants to score Vicky, I’m game.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is always room for change. If Waldetoft wants to score Vicky, I’m game.

Pretty sure he made the music for vicky2

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

pdxjohan posted:

Pretty sure he made the music for vicky2

Oh, Johan, don't toy with my feelings

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why would vicky3 need new music, just put the grand march on loop and you're done

e: weird the vicky2 credits list a solo violin performance. is it the menu music?

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 3, 2019

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

why would vicky3 need music at all? the continuous cacophony of factory noises, railroad noises, and the suffering of the poor is all you need.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Victoria's classical music works fine for the start of the game but by the time we're getting into the 20th century it really needs to transition to 20th century music, I demand that it start playing swing/jazz/big band music late in the game to properly set the atmosphere.

Also needs a lot more Joe Hill. And Red Army Choir.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 3, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why would vicky3 need music at all? the continuous cacophony of factory noises, railroad noises, and the suffering of the poor is all you need.

lmao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Make the soundtrack vaporwave.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The DEFCON approach where all you hear is an industrial hum and occasional, distant sobbing.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Vicky 1 soundtrack was much better

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Andreas is amazing but so still get nostalgic for the EU2 soundtrack. The general idea of having the theme update as you break into a new century was a good one I think.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Beefeater1980 posted:

Andreas is amazing but so still get nostalgic for the EU2 soundtrack. The general idea of having the theme update as you break into a new century was a good one I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4Dx-Ovqj0

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well its not victoria since that just uses uncopyrighted classical music (and is fantastic for it)

What? Vicky 2 had an original score.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Turn Falalan into a John Philip Souza march

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

Vicky 1 didn’t though. It was better for it imo.

Not that I play any paradox game for very long without disabling the music.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

oh goddamnit i was looking at vicky1's song list. drat you mislabeled google results

still bring back the classical music

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Farecoal posted:

Vicky 1 soundtrack was much better

I actually dropped all the Vicky 1 music into my Vic2 music folder so I could have the Vic1 soundtrack in Vic2.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Beefeater1980 posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed that.

Something I wanted for 4 and didn't get was more of that age differentiation. Things like...

Songs move in and out of the playlist as time goes on

Interface chrome changes with each age, like how the Golden age changes things, or the ck2 religions

Major non unique event pics change, so early game naval event pic shows a caraval, late game same event shows a Napoleonic ship of the line

More mechanics like absolutism which either unlock over time or get locked as the ages go on.

Maybe eu5 in 2026...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

disjoe posted:

Not that I play any paradox game for very long without disabling the music.

I’m calling the police

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m calling the police

I can only take so many twiddly trumpets before I start to lose my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
permanent christmas theme or gtfo