Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ForcesNews/status/1080771767344525313

what is "real"? How do you define "real"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Just try to enjoy living in the wild west before the desert gets paved over and turned into a strip mall

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lmaoooooo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would crisper retractable breasts onto myself

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
KFC extra crispr chicken

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So did Turmbopolis pretty much gently caress over all the possible GOP lame duck antics with his shutdown or did they pull some off?

they confirmed a shitload of chudges yesterday

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mons Hubris posted:

they dont want that

yeah if you're enough of a stupid shithead to sign on to ice you're going to let piss daddy abuse whatever labor laws and human rights he wants

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Agean90 posted:

Yeah it can be done but it would require a lot of boring, unprofitable research that's an ethical minefield even before moving on to human testing, so no private company will do it.

Last dudes who tried where that one dude in China who hosed u so hard he's gonna get his head lopped off and see morons on San Fran calling themselves "biohackers", one of who gave himself cancer lmao

Last I checked the dude in China basically went to that conference with an elaborate fanfiction and no actual evidence that anything he said was real

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Yeah it can be done but it would require a lot of boring, unprofitable research that's an ethical minefield even before moving on to human testing, so no private company will do it.

Last dudes who tried where that one dude in China who hosed u so hard he's gonna get his head lopped off and see morons on San Fran calling themselves "biohackers", one of who gave himself cancer lmao

thats badass

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
hoo boy check out all the lib media slobbering over Nancy-Po

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

p sure that in modern society being a 'god tier' human basically just means being really good at lying

yeah, this is a good take right here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bearjew posted:

i will save up every penny i make so that maybe one day CRISPR can fix my immune disease

ill donate

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc
has trump been weighed yet?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a conspiracy to spike genemods with a kill switch but it only affects the rich so it's called MARXGHOST

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Virtual Russian posted:

Finally getting my Eugenics Wars, like nearly 30 years late though.

i had a conversation about this last week, and reached a conclusion: we're one of Q's games with Picard, he's been forced to live from beginning to end the life of a young jewish man from Brooklyn, to test whether the human race could've ever reached the stars without the impetus of the Eugenics Wars

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
im a binge Gaymer

does the army want me still?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao our society owns so hard

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Sir Tonk posted:

and measured

and found PLARMTUP

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

I would crisper retractable breasts onto myself

try working out and you'll see that you have this technology already

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Yinlock posted:

like if elites get access to genetic manipulation all i can see is them being like "the kid must have all of my genes, then they will be perfect" and they end up just as inbred as ever

ya the ultimate outcome is a generation of humanoid creatures baffling christendom by continuing to live, whose only purpose is to pass a generic purity test

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Smythe posted:

ancestry and heritage will be worthless soon anyways when a new generation of CRISPR uber-menchen spring forth from the loins of the ultra-wealthy to finish what capitalism started

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope crispr gives us all goro arms becuase theres not enough movies about 4 armed heroes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Siljmonster posted:

i hope crispr gives us all goro arms becuase theres not enough movies about 4 armed heroes

This but four boobs

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Clarence Thomas' wife is a legit crazy person

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in the cyberpunk near future girls will put on their neo-tindr that they swipe left on any "slugs" (derisive slang for naturally-born children, ostensibly based on their slimy nature, slow speed, low intelligence, or alternatively their small, weak, un-genofixed penises)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

punished milkman posted:

making god tier crispr children is very much so contingent on us understanding how human genotypes are related to extremely complicated polygenic phenotypes and lmao that's not gonna happen any time soon

we gonna end up with pugs

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mustached Demon posted:

This but four boobs

four balls too

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Last I checked the dude in China basically went to that conference with an elaborate fanfiction and no actual evidence that anything he said was real

Oh that's good, last heard was claiming he modified babies without informing the parents. Glad his depravity has only affected him

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

This but four boobs

this but four balls

on the edge of a cliff

good thing time does not actually exist

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

This but four boobs

well, sure, but if you have four boobs obviously you'll want four hands to seductively tweak your nipples

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

loling at trying to recruit people in this generation and at the same time making the physical requirements more stringent

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Smythe posted:

in the cyberpunk near future girls will put on their neo-tindr that they swipe left on any "slugs" (derisive slang for naturally-born children, ostensibly based on their slimy nature, slow speed, low intelligence, or alternatively their small, weak, un-genofixed penises)

Pretty sure Futurama dudes all have genetically modified dongs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

angerbeet posted:

Someone's going to use crispr to get a second dick

don’t doxx me

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
companies like Kumon can pivot to “help” these genetically altered kids “reach their potential” after all the non quack drs tell them their kid is just normal

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:geno: :gizz:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
somewhere out in the wild waste of twitter there are two CHUDs DMing eachother on twitter, both of them pretending to be black teenagers who love Trump and neither one knows that they're both just old white guys.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Over There posted:

Can someone please give me some FOXDIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuka0S7n78

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
we've had literally tends of thousands of years to guide the evolution of dogs and all we ended up doing with it was ensuring every member of a purebred breed get all the diseases.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

His heart was weighed on a scale balanced by a feather and then Anubis just sort of stared at it and wandered off with a bottle and now we don't have a functioning afterlife. Thanks, Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Pretty sure Futurama dudes all have genetically modified dongs

well, yeah, that's canon