Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The next BF should be 2143 and absolutely full of multicultural and trans supersoldiers :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

The next BF should be 2143 and absolutely full of multicultural and trans supersoldiers :getin:

Bad Company 2143: the bad company guys find a rare device tha makes them travel forward in time and now they have to steal goldrare metals to try to come back in time and prevent World War IIII (blops joke).

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Guillermus posted:

Bad Company 2143: the bad company guys find a rare device tha makes them travel forward in time and now they have to steal goldrare metals to try to come back in time and prevent World War IIII (blops joke).

I like it

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Since some of y'all liked the BF4 vids I posted last week, here's all five jets I TOWed on Monday:
https://streamable.com/8c0io
https://streamable.com/wvo0r
https://streamable.com/4w7ip
https://streamable.com/3g6s6
https://streamable.com/dnvzp

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

RCarr posted:

I suggest everyone play a few rounds of BF1 and remember how much of a better game it is than BFV.

BF1 was worse than 3-4 imo

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

RCarr posted:

I suggest everyone play a few rounds of BF1 and remember how much of a better game it is than BFV.

I got BFV for Christmas. I like it, but I went back to BF1 and enjoy it more. It just feels better. Maybe it's because it's still more familiar to me, maybe it's because after 500 hours I have my weapons pretty dialed in, maybe it's because I have always loved WW1 (my great-grandfather fought in it). I'm sure V will grow on me but so far I agree with this man.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Falken posted:

Had some fun games yesterday, fallen in love with the Gewher 43. That thing just knocks people down so easy.

Also, I love how so many people are creating their own misery due to the fact that women, or "femoids" as the incel community likes to refer to them are in the game. "WHATS NEXT?! TRANSGENDER BLACK PEOPLE?!".

I was super disappointed the Germans only had white people to choose from

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

I was super disappointed the Germans only had white people to choose from

No doubt they'll do a pacific theatre expansion, where one of the teams is japan. And it'll be even richer for having female Japanese soldiers! :D :goonsay:bbbbut my realism!!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I want the ability to play as a black female SS officer.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Many times I find myself in the perfect place for some lmg carnage but never have my lmg today was not one of those times. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skater-h8er/video/66525367

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

e.pilot posted:

I want the ability to play as a black female SS officer.

Maybe they'll do a southern Africa expansion?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I decided to turn the tables on the bomb carrier.

https://xboxclips.com/Iscariote/cf6f61f8-b6f4-4a96-b1ad-113cef1c8cb8

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skater-h8er/video/66420698 here's a clutch dynamite toss

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Finger Prince posted:

No doubt they'll do a pacific theatre expansion

Do you actually believe this to be a given?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Now go back and play bf one so you can be reminded how much worse dynamite was

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chomp8645 posted:

They fuckin' better.

There was no Japan in bf1

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 3, 2019

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Idfk. Wouldn't put it past them. Maybe an air raid scenario on Nagasaki.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

RCarr posted:

isn't the point though that BF1 only became that after months and months of tweaking and patches and updates?

isn't that how all battlefields go, really? Flawed upon launch, takes months to tweak and finetune and fix, and then after about 6 months it evolves into what it is a complete and polished product. Whether you like it compared to a past title or not is up to you, but after time Dice turns it into a quality, polished game.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I absolutely loved BF1 and initially did not like BFV until I broke my BF1 habits (aggro recon with an infantry rifle). I didnt truly love BFV until I learned how to delete people with the M1907.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm helping!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Twat McTwatterson posted:

isn't the point though that BF1 only became that after months and months of tweaking and patches and updates?

isn't that how all battlefields go, really? Flawed upon launch, takes months to tweak and finetune and fix, and then after about 6 months it evolves into what it is a complete and polished product. Whether you like it compared to a past title or not is up to you, but after time Dice turns it into a quality, polished game.

You’re confusing BF1 with BF4. BF1 is the one based on World War One and was great at launch. And aside from the hellRiegel only got better.

BF4 is based off modern warfare and didn’t work at all at launch from what I heard. I only got it for like 10 bucks like a year ago when all the DLC was free. And I’ll prolly do the same thing with BFV in about a year.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

You’re confusing BF1 with BF4. BF1 is the one based on World War One and was great at launch. And aside from the hellRiegel only got better.

BF4 is based off modern warfare and didn’t work at all at launch from what I heard. I only got it for like 10 bucks like a year ago when all the DLC was free. And I’ll prolly do the same thing with BFV in about a year.

BF1 had frozen screens, black screens but still could control the game and hear audio, couldn't quit between rounds and a whole lot more.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Right, it was great, not perfect.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

BF1 is the one based on World War One and was great at launch. And aside from the hellRiegel only got better.

Beastie posted:

BF1 had frozen screens, black screens but still could control the game and hear audio, couldn't quit between rounds and a whole lot more.

Right, it was great, not perfect.

:chloe:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh yeah BF1 launch was grea—*killed by an airburst mortar*

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That stuff happened but it wasn't every game. Compared to BF4 it sounded like a flawless release, comparatively speaking. But hear I am trying to argue nuance with goons and have played myself trying to do so.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh yeah BF1 launch was grea—*killed by an airburst mortar*

I'm the pubbie flying the Gotha bomber 100 meters above the ground! Sure could use some help on that tail gun :troll:

e: oh you're talking about the infantry gadget that was unnecessarily nerfed. I loved that thing pre-nerf. Even post-nerf I still used it cuz it was so fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I understand what you were getting at. BF4 was a cantankerous mess when it launched. Levelution could crash a server.

But it seems like so many people are choosing to look at BF1 as it is now, forgetting that it also had a poo poo load of problems ironed out over years.

BFV has had a really smooth launch.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
BF1 launch was better than BF4, but it had serious flaws. You couldn't quit games, black screens, broken menus, mortars, Doritos, grenade spam, and many other things I've blocked from my mind. BFV has also had it's issues, but I still think it's better balanced, more fun, and less buggy than BF1 was at launch. I think they took BF1 and made it way more fun to play. I feel like I can actually impact the game now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BF1 at launch you couldn't get near objective points without your screen turning into non stop grenade shakes and gas

Also lots of crashing

Also it took them waaaay too long to make it so that darts wouldn't completely wreck infantry, making some maps completely unwinnable on operations

BF4 had the worst launch by far, but BFV's launch has been easily the best

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BF4 was nearly unplayable at launch. BF1 was fine. Maybe once or twice a week you’d have to reset your game but other than that it was great.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
V runs a lot better than 4 but 1 launched with some huge balance issues (some that persisted the whole game) and extremely limited weapon variety. Comparing the whole of 1 to V as it stands two months after release is pointless.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
BFV’s launch has been pretty smooth inasmuch as there aren’t really any major game-breaking bugs. But it definitely needs a lot of balancing and mechanical/QoL tweaks.

e: But speaking of BF4 imma toot my own horn again because this shot I hit last night makes me extremely horny: https://streamable.com/8jbpm

Noctone fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 3, 2019

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
If you guys wanna argue like manbabies about which battlefield is the best, maybe the PC thread would be more to your liking?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sunday at work posted:

V runs a lot better than 4 but 1 launched with some huge balance issues (some that persisted the whole game) and extremely limited weapon variety. Comparing the whole of 1 to V as it stands two months after release is pointless.

But BF1 at launch had a ton more weapons than BFV?

Anyway we are comparing BF1 at launch to BFV at launch.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

RCarr posted:

But BF1 at launch had a ton more weapons than BFV?

Anyway we are comparing BF1 at launch to BFV at launch.

That probably should have been something other than pointless. Impossible to do fairly, maybe.

On weapon variety though I don't think there is any contest. Doing varients (half of which were just the sight or better hip fire) instead of modifications to try and hide each class launching with five guns isn't variety.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Would have to go and do a count but I'm pretty sure BFV and BF1 both launched with almost the exact same number of weapons. BF1's list just looks bigger because each gun has like three variants.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

lambskin posted:

If you guys wanna argue like manbabies about which battlefield is the best, maybe the PC thread would be more to your liking?

okay sorry we'll continue to ask if anyone is currently online and wants to group up ONLY

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

lambskin posted:

What else can we not talk about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Battlefield 1 wasn't perfect, Luigi!"

Jedi Knight Luigi: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯