Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Still glad we cut him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Still glad we cut him.

Hell yes. Impossible to trust him at this point.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Still glad we cut him.

Totally. Less than 2% of domestic violence offenders ever receive jail time so this really doesn't mean anything. There's more than enough there to justify the cut. Besides he belongs on the most garbage team in the league.

I do wonder if this will affect his status with the NFL. To me it now seems likely that he will play again at some point, unless he does it again (which wouldn't surprise me).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Still glad we cut him.

Oh, same.

I just find the rise and fall of warcrimes in this thread to be hilarious.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

I would really like you to start naming the players you think are "good values" or "great" or whatever because your free agent dollar amounts seem really low. Also before you spend all of the Seahawks cap dollars, Russel Wilson is due for a massive contract extension this off-season as well.

I was wondering this, not just about Wilson, but QBs that stick with their teams for more than money. Not that they arent exceptionally well paid. Guys like Brady or Foles. I don't know, but I'd think the amount of money Wilson would take for staying in Seattle would be less what it would cost let's say the Jets to sign him. Not that he won't get paid, but more likely a Brady like deal, rather than a Cousins like deal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Didn't Wilson take some sort of pay cut to get Frank Clark or was it someone else

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Didn't Wilson take some sort of pay cut to get Frank Clark or was it someone else

He didn’t take less money, he converted some salary into bonus to give them cap room to sign Duane Brown. Which is part of why his cap hit is where it is next year.

Finger Prince posted:

I was wondering this, not just about Wilson, but QBs that stick with their teams for more than money. Not that they arent exceptionally well paid. Guys like Brady or Foles. I don't know, but I'd think the amount of money Wilson would take for staying in Seattle would be less what it would cost let's say the Jets to sign him. Not that he won't get paid, but more likely a Brady like deal, rather than a Cousins like deal.

Brady takes less because he gets paid under the table in various ways and has a mega rich wife. Russell is gonna get a massive contract.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Brady takes less because he gets paid under the table in various ways

Is there any truth to this?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sponges posted:

Is there any truth to this?

Brady gets to run his special gym basically right on campus and hawk his poo poo to all the other players, along with various other things. They're not literally handing him suitcases of cash under the table.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He gets paid in kisses on the mouth

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Brady gets to run his special gym basically right on campus and hawk his poo poo to all the other players, along with various other things. They're not literally handing him suitcases of cash under the table.

TB 12 is in Patriot Place. It's like 100 feet from Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, where the most DUI's in Massachusetts come from.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/1080964403707682817

Ugh that loving red logo at the bottom

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shanny had a play design that included George Kittle falling over
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1080917018558119936

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

It was better when Arkansas State did it.

It made less sense, but it was better.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DariusLikewise posted:

49ers should sign Golden Tate in the offseason

I'd much rather have Tate than AB. He'd be a really solid fit with Goodwin, Pettis, and Kittle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

49ers legend. Why's he wearing Jerry's number in that picture? Isaac wore 88.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Maybe it'll happen this year, but probably not. I'm hopeful, though.

Yeah, that red logo screws up that pic.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 4, 2019

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1080917018558119936

Bevell had Zach Miller doing that back in 2014.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

https://twitter.com/cablethanos_/status/1080918209270697984?s=21

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Fly Tyler, fly :unsmith:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hate the Seahawks but I hope you destroy the Cowboys.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I hate the Seahawks but I hope you destroy the Cowboys.

playoffs bring out the best in people

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I hate the Cowboys but I hope they destroy the Seahawks.

Also, go Bears.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As a lifelong niners fan I hope the seahawks and cowboys are somehow both able to lose, like, maybe an asteroid strikes the stadium while they're playing?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

As a lifelong niners fan I hope the seahawks and cowboys are somehow both able to lose, like, maybe an asteroid strikes the stadium while they're playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4iCa6h29c&t=777s

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Related, what happens if a wildcard game is still tied at the end of overtime? Does it just keep going until someone scores?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Bob Socko posted:

Related, what happens if a wildcard game is still tied at the end of overtime? Does it just keep going until someone scores?

Not quite. They keep adding quarters until it’s not tied at the end of one of them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--nah it's still sudden death after the initial drive. Huh, or at least I was pretty sure it was, looking at the rule it doesn't read like it does it? I'm still pretty sure it is.

Bob Socko posted:

Yeah I don't think they've changed the OT rules for the playoffs? Other than the field goal on the first drive doesn't automatically win.

It's like a new game, if it goes to the second overtime it's like the second quarter, the team with the ball gets it in the same spot on the field going the other direction. If a game were to go to the third OT the team that didn't receive the OT kickoff would receive a kickoff, not that we're likely to have to worry about that. Three time outs per 'half.'

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 5, 2019

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
A neat video on Russel Wilson's deep ball and his chemistry with Tyler Lockett:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrHuG2LfXg&t=28s

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Benny the Snake posted:

thanks for posting this. I love breakdowns of the x's and o's makes watching the game so much more interesting and i've sold friends on football before by explaining some basic concepts to look for (watch the oline!) and why somethings work and some dont

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It’s modified sudden death.

If the receiving team in overtime scores a touchdown, they win.

If the receiving team fails to score any points the game proceeds as true sudden death, and the next score of any kind wins.

If the receiving team kicks a field goal, the kicking team gets a possession. If they score a touchdown they win. If they don’t score they lose. If they kick a field goal, the game continues as true sudden death, with the first score of any kind winning.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-overtime-rules/

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Should be MULTI BALL :colbert:

Edit: Oh god, I've lost that post and can't find it through the search function :negative:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 5, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If we're gonna get pedantic, asteroid/comet/etc. describes the origin of the object and is correct irrespective of whether it's going to strike earth or has already done so, etc. Meteor/oid/ite is a separate categorization.

If an asteroid obliterated the cowboys/Seahawks game, it would also have been a meteor, and the surviving core and fragments of the asteroid would be meteorites.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benny the Snake posted:

That was a neat little video thank you for sharing.

Cool that despite throwing the least number of attempts, Seattle was 2nd on number of passes over 40 yards.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brett Kollman's YouTube channel is great

BaggySteve
Dec 4, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SEA

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
To what Dagen H said earlier, I think that's one of our biggest advantages against not only the Cowboys, but other teams in the playoffs right now. Wilson has the uncanny ability to throw the deep ball into tight corners, much like Brees and Rogers do. Not only that, but both receivers Baldwin and Lockett are so in tune with him, that kind of play is second nature to them. If any team is going to best the 'Hawks, it's by anticipating and disrupting the "Wilson Special".

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

If we're gonna get pedantic, asteroid/comet/etc. describes the origin of the object and is correct irrespective of whether it's going to strike earth or has already done so, etc. Meteor/oid/ite is a separate categorization.

If an asteroid obliterated the cowboys/Seahawks game, it would also have been a meteor, and the surviving core and fragments of the asteroid would be meteorites.

And/or is fine with me.Could be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man for all I care, as long as the end result is the same.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hawks

Imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sorry rear end seahawks