Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Determining force shaping needs at this point is basically sorcery. You couldn't pay me enough to work in it.

When I was over in Afghanistan sat in on the briefings for how to reach 8.4k force limit via TDY and other accounting wizardry. Then the election happened and none of it mattered. Cannot imagine how much that Army HR Major who's job it was to do that hated her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well yeah she was making a fortune too.

Kamala Harris is a corrupt cop?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Mind you Kamala basically shrugged and let people like Steve Mnuchin make a fortune loving over home owners.

While also turning a blind eye to the Orange County snitch scandal for a good long time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

When I was over in Afghanistan sat in on the briefings for how to reach 8.4k force limit via TDY and other accounting wizardry. Then the election happened and none of it mattered. Cannot imagine how much that Army HR Major who's job it was to do that hated her life.

when you're doing lifecycle force shaping you have so many variables to consider it's insane

poo poo like how old your force is, specifically down to the MOS/AFSC/rate/etc, all sorts of medical readiness related poo poo, etc.

then you present your findings to some SES and they're like MORE PEOPLE and you have like 3 months to basically redo your entire year-long study on how the gently caress you're gonna miracle that number

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I would get sworn in on the Falcon 4.0 manual.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope somebody writes a book about how the USAF ended up firing 50% of its engineers while shrieking about how there's so few people with STEM degrees who want to commission

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1080941652418674691?s=19

The only thing those four DHS guys could sing is the 18 words

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Kamala Harris is a corrupt cop?

she is a cop, yes

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
lol the government isn't going to be fully open for months

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1080944739619360779?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fallom posted:

I hope somebody writes a book about how the USAF ended up firing 50% of its engineers while shrieking about how there's so few people with STEM degrees who want to commission

i've been on this job for a month and i know 1000% more about the high level strategic planning than i did before and holy fuckin poo poo

i would say 'you wouldn't believe the poo poo i've seen already' but i mean it's this forum so it's probably not that hard of a sell

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The dude on the far left doesn’t need to shave why is he trying to look like a skinhead.....

Oh right.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

lol the government isn't going to be fully open for months

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1080944739619360779?s=19

How can he think that's a good picture of himself? He looks like a bag of oatmeal dropped onto the floor of a barbershop.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hypothetical scenario: Trump resigns/is impeached and removed/strokes out, leaving Pence. Who do you pick for the Dems? I think at that point, Warren becomes a very strong choice.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A Bad Poster posted:

How can he think that's a good picture of himself? He looks like a bag of oatmeal dropped onto the floor of a barbershop.

Look at the source material they have to work with. "Bigly strong businessman trying to pinch a loaf" is as good as it gets.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

I'm not entirely sure how to put this much awesome into words, so I won't.

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1080899068405133312?s=19

It's Kyrsten Sinema for anyone else that was confused without diving into the comments

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

A Bad Poster posted:

I've just checked this with google images (and I wish I hadn't, jesus) - he is a man who cannot have a picture taken of him without him pulling a face like a 3 year old. Seriously, try and find one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Jim Webb is being floated as a replacement for Mattis.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

for what DoD?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why the heck would anyone join this administration at this point? :psyduck:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Chicago’s longest serving alderman Ed Burke was just charged federally for trying to shake down Burger King.

Sheeeeeeeeet.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why the heck would anyone join this administration at this point? :psyduck:

If you're shameless and think it'll turn you a profit in the next year, why wouldn't you? Your competition are idiots.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Chicago’s longest serving alderman Ed Burke was just charged federally for trying to shake down Burger King.

Sheeeeeeeeet.

Another Thursday in Illinois.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheeeeeeeeet.

Good.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheeeeeeeeet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hep_cxrOlAU

I have one of those. Heh.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheeeeeeeeet.

Not, like, corporate either. A Burger King franchise

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
insert joke about coming at the king and missing

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheeeeeeeeet.

:cmon: at least say it right.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

McNally posted:

Not, like, corporate either. A Burger King franchise

I mean a franchise owner makes a lot more sense than the corporate side in this context. Now if only Mike Madigan, etc. can go away.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sheeeeeeeeet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexyflexy posted:

I've just checked this with google images (and I wish I hadn't, jesus) - he is a man who cannot have a picture taken of him without him pulling a face like a 3 year old. Seriously, try and find one.

There's that one photo of him on the grounds of the white house where he looks utterly run down and exhausted. I remember someone here saying it was the first photo of trump where he actually looked human

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

There's that one photo of him on the grounds of the white house where he looks utterly run down and exhausted. I remember someone here saying it was the first photo of trump where he actually looked human

It was his best picture because the sun was setting and the light was hitting his face full-force, so it washed out all the detail.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
it is 2019

i am still blown away by the fact we made donald j. trump our president

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I think Warren is an idiot but I'll vote for anyone with a D beside their name and you all drat well better too in 2020.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/1080907105266221056?s=21

I’d call this a glib joke but actually it’s accurate.

Decorum-White-Man: But have you tried empathizing harder with my thirsty, angry, GOP-voting brethren?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1080984436425007105?s=19

:thunk:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

my kinda ape posted:

I bet there were a few unmedicated ADHD sufferers that served during wartime during all of the wars we fought before such a diagnosis even existed. I think they would probably manage if they couldn't get their meds, the vast majority at least.

"Let's keep treating *condition* the way we always have even if we know it's not a great idea now" is a bad idea.

Edit: That doesn't mean I think all ADHD sufferers should be blocked out; also I didn't realize I had 130 loving new posts in this thread to read.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 4, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Let's not rush to loosen standards. After all, the US Army figured pony tails for women during PT hours in PT uniforms a grand total of a couple years ago, and we can't let this leniency get out of control!

We still don't know if the Trojan Ponytail Horse is on its way in :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

quote:

Robert Gebelhoff is an assistant editor for The Post's Opinions section. He has been with The Post since 2015 and his work appears on the PostPartisan blog.

oh, okay