Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

OneMoreTime posted:

So what I'm getting is basically "Yo whatever the gently caress they did with Sonic"

Now that I think about it, for all the stupid poo poo Sega's done with Sonic, they've never ruined a game with microtransactions/DLC like Capcom did with MMX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every level is permanently in online only mode because there is a dark souls style invasion system

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Not really.

(I miss U Violen)

drat, I thought he just completely seals your dash ability, but it looks like you can still do enough of one for double damage uncharged shots

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Sigma's back, but now he's blockchain somehow?

Before I forget, I would like to strongly endorse that some variant of this become the next thread title.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whatever they do, I hope they don't revert to not having Zero playable. The prospect seems unlikely assuming that an X9 is in the works, but it would still be disappointing.

I don't care about Axl.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sea Lily posted:

Every level is permanently in online only mode because there is a dark souls style invasion system

No poo poo, an invasion system would be pretty goddamn cool. Slip into Longnecker Gearaffe's stage as a virus and track down the player to steal his metals and chip upgrades and disable that playable character until they bring in another character to rescue him? loving sweet.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Discendo Vox posted:

Not really.

(I miss U Violen)

I miss those video game challenge threads.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Hitman-style prequel game where you play as Alia stealthily assassinating all of Gate's reploids.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Capcom tries to tap into the Breath of the Wild magic but with Mega Man.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mega Man in a Monster Hunter setting. Halfway there already and he goes against even bigger dragons.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Now that I think about it, for all the stupid poo poo Sega's done with Sonic, they've never ruined a game with microtransactions/DLC like Capcom did with MMX.

Which game was that?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every time MegaMan defeats a boss he gets larger, the new boss order is a puzzle where you figure out what order to beat them in to keep yourself from getting stuck in a doorway

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Mega Man in a Monster Hunter setting. Halfway there already and he goes against even bigger dragons.

I know we're joking here, but seriously I want that. Make every game Monster Hunter.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Star Man posted:

Which game was that?

I would have said "the most recent mobile port of Megaman X" but I looked it up to double-check and I misremembered - you can get all the upgrades the old-fashioned way, they just also gave the option to buy them with real money.

That version is still ugly, runs poorly and is missing a ton of little touches from the SNES version,, but I suppose that's the extent of Capcom's exploitation.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

chumbler posted:

I know we're joking here, but seriously I want that. Make every game Monster Hunter.

oh god the grind no

I'm trying to 100% mercenary kings and it's killing me

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

oh god the grind no

I'm trying to 100% mercenary kings and it's killing me

God...I haven't touched that game since I got a PS4. Does anyone still play that?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

God...I haven't touched that game since I got a PS4. Does anyone still play that?

I hope someone on steam does, I need to revive a partner 10 times before I can finally put it away.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I forgot about Mercenary Kings.

And 20 minutes of gameplay later I remember why I forgot. Uninstalling it this time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Since someone was asking earlier, the Gunvolt spinoff was mentioned on a JP Inti stream where they showed the main boss silhouettes and said more news would be forthcoming after DMFD comes out.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Capcom tries to tap into the Breath of the Wild magic but with Mega Man.

Capcom will revive a different dead franchise for this one: Breath of the Wildfire.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'd be down for Breath of the Wildfire. Which is to say, Ryu would just be blue-haired Link except he can turn into a dragon, breathe fire and fly.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I had a whole thing typed up for my MMX9 design, but I hit back, and now I'm mad so here's a paraphrase.

- MMX9 will take place after Command Mission and will feature 2D platforming with random battles. These can occur during jumps, and momentum will be maintained in whatever direction you're holding post-battle. Battles will be in a circle arena and play like X7 with AI-controlled party members that have to be micromanaged. Platforming sections will not have dash or wall climb; battles will, however, and they will be required during boss fights, which will feature spikes, pits, and QTEs.

- During platform sections, each character has a unique ability. X can push blocks, Zero can cut trees, and Axl can hover. His hover will last only long enough to work in a select few places. Some boss weapons can also be used during these sections, but said boss weapons can only be given to one character upon getting them. If the wrong character gets the item, or the right character is unavailable at the time, you can perma-lock yourself out of some secrets until New Game+.

- Story begins on Central Highway, for nostalgia. Tutorial fights are against the bee copters. Boss of the area is Vile Delta, a post-X8 monster version of Vile fused to a Ride Armor. He is fueled entirely by hatred for X. He speaks in broken words and is the primary villain, until you discover that Sigma found Wily's lab back in the SNES games and built a robot based on Wily's secret prototype Zero-successor prints. This character, named Omega, not to be confused with the one from the Zero series, will have been in hibernation just like X and will have awakened before the game begins. He will serve as the actual puppetmaster antagonist and will reveal himself in the last part of the game. He will mention Lumine, because why not.

- Zero will find parts of Iris in a wreckage of Final Weapon. She can be rebuilt and revived, with her memories intact, and Zero will be able to stay with her. She will become a playable substitute for Zero, and you can equip her swimsuit a swimsuit similar to the navigator ones from the X Legacy Collection artwork. This will be a selling point for many players.

- It will end with a line that implies that the X series connects to the Legends series. Maybe something about Reaverbots. It will also leave itself open to a sequel but not as badly as X8 did.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 3, 2019

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Takoluka posted:

you can equip her swimsuit from the X Legacy Collection artwork. This will be a selling point for many players.

Only the X8 navigators had swimsuit artwork. :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TaurusOxford posted:

Only the X8 navigators had swimsuit artwork. :v:

Oh whoops, well, they'll make a new one. It will be a selling point for many players.

You can tell I did not unlock this picture, nor do I remember it at all lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lol at capcom reviving breath of fire

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Phantasium posted:

lol at capcom reviving breath of fire

6 was a failure so clearly no one wants Breath of Fire anymore.

-Capcom Exec

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean, 1-5 were a failure. The only series BoF has outsold in comparison to Capcom's other series are 1942, Commando, and Okami which may as well be one game.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Phantasium posted:

I mean, 1-5 were a failure. The only series BoF has outsold in comparison to Capcom's other series are 1942, Commando, and Okami which may as well be one game.

Brutal. I assumed 1-3 at least sold ok.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Out of all those games, I still come back to BoF3, which now has a hard mode mod.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Discendo Vox posted:

Let's Crowd-design the Worst Mega Man X Sequel Possible.
List terrible features, systems, whatever that you think should be in the MMX8 sequel that should never happen.

Sonic Forces-style reboot, including a Create Your Own Maverick Hunter feature, except every part looks like rear end. Edit: Also, X4's English voices with Axl's being X7's.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Worst possible mechanics? let's have the unskippable cutscenes of X5, with the gameplay of X7, but Capcom is now using the Unity engine

Also, these are mandatory features.

The Bold Kobold fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 4, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
MM8 English voices were really bad. At least X4 was funny with its chicken uprising.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Scalding Coffee posted:

MM8 English voices were really bad. At least X4 was funny with its chicken uprising.

wait what

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Stop the coop.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Stop the coop.

god drat you i just brayed laughter like a mentally challenged donkey when i got this

are you happy

are you satisfied

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am sorry but if you don't find DOWKTA WIGHT to be hilarious then I don't know what to say.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

what should the voicework for mmx9 be? I feel like the cutscenes should be done with keyframed motion capture.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ImpAtom posted:

I am sorry but if you don't find DOWKTA WIGHT to be hilarious then I don't know what to say.

I don't laugh at 22-year-old jokes anymore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Star Man posted:

Sucks for you then, some of the best comedies ever made are over 22 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Star Man posted:

Congrats on your 23rd birthday!