Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
as expected the first thing House Democrats did today was handcuff themselves with PayGo lol we're doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Godholio posted:

"Let's keep treating *condition* the way we always have even if we know it's not a great idea now" is a bad idea.

Edit: That doesn't mean I think all ADHD sufferers should be blocked out; also I didn't realize I had 130 loving new posts in this thread to read.

I'm not trying to get at you saying this because we're not trying to make the same point, but my boyfriend has adult ADHD, when we finally got him the bloody Ritalin at age *40*, he went from basically useless to a full time electronic engineer in like a year. That poo poo is debilitating and so easy to bloody fix - way too many people I've known over the years that went military that have basically the same problem.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Jim Webb is being floated as a replacement for Mattis.

How? He's everything this administration hates.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This kid is all of us post-2016: https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1080998033930797061?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

as expected the first thing House Democrats did today was handcuff themselves with PayGo lol we're doomed

PayGo is a stupid law since it gets waived constantly. The fight over PayGo is a stupid fight since it gets waived constantly.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm just praying it's some sort of political manuever since it's not like it matters what they propose till at least 2020 and they can change the rules at that point, but I know I'm lying to myself.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Speaking of recruitment

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm probably misremembering, but wasn't putting a tax attached to the ACA one of the reasons ACA took a beating for being unconstitutional or something.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Charlie Pierce posted:

Fred Hiatt's Home Depot of Bad Ideas

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Highdea: guillotines but only for the pundit/gateway class

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Highdea: guillotines but only for the pundit/gateway class

You lack vision

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

He's a woman?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Godholio posted:

"Let's keep treating *condition* the way we always have even if we know it's not a great idea now" is a bad idea.

Edit: That doesn't mean I think all ADHD sufferers should be blocked out; also I didn't realize I had 130 loving new posts in this thread to read.

I'm just saying if WW3 kicks off I think "poo poo I can't get my ADHD meds" is going to be fairly low on the list of worries of all but the most severe cases. If we're just doing Operation Pound Sand #32 then we can probably manage to refill their prescriptions every month or two.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

my kinda ape posted:

all but the most severe cases

That's the problem. The DoD doesn't trust subjective things when it comes to readiness if they can help it. If one psychologist says "this will be fine" and another says "this will not be fine" then there's a risk.

edit: there are multiple working groups trying to figure this poo poo out right now

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Are there any deserts America hasn't invaded?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LongDarkNight posted:

Gobi? Atacama?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

LongDarkNight posted:

Gobi?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Crakkerjakk posted:

I'm just praying it's some sort of political manuever since it's not like it matters what they propose till at least 2020 and they can change the rules at that point, but I know I'm lying to myself.

I should think we've learned the lesson of giving suck-dems the benefit of the doubt with this kind of poo poo. They'll absolutely ignore it when it comes to a tax cut for corporations or their wealthy donors but every single last possible excuse to not spend money helping people south of a million dollars yearly income will be trotted out and given an individual dog and pony show about how it is the reason we can't help those people.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McNally posted:

He's a woman?

He married one. Who isn't white. And was a refugee.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

But he has a hate boner for Clinton, China and Iran, so that'll do.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
2019 recovering from a rocky start with R Kelly finally getting exposed via documentary

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Eej posted:

2019 recovering from a rocky start with R Kelly finally getting exposed via documentary

I thought he'd already exposed himself to a bunch of teenagers years ago.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

McNally posted:

Thanks, I've just remembered Trapped in the Closet exists and is on Youtube.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Handsome Ralph posted:

Jim Webb is being floated as a replacement for Mattis.

Jim Webb: Democrat who hangs his hat on killing dudes in 'Nam.

Could do much worse.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Thanks, I've just remembered Trapped in the Closet exists and is on Youtube.
Or this.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

McNally posted:

Yeah but this is like an in depth investigation into his sex cult broadcast on actual TV

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Jim Webb would've been a good president. :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The media in this country world is such unbelievable trash

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

The media in this country world is such unbelievable trash

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bored As gently caress posted:

eeeeeehhhhhhhhhh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bored As gently caress posted:

Oh word?

e: let’s check in on everyone’s favorite himmler wannabe.

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1081012250469642240?s=21

Extremely normal.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 4, 2019

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Gotta capture the coveted incel demographic.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We're hosed

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh word?

e: let’s check in on everyone’s favorite himmler wannabe.

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1081012250469642240?s=21

Extremely normal.

Tucker Carlson is a strong contender for the biggest shithead in America in a very crowded field.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i call him Fucker Carlson

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i call him Fucker Carlson

I call him an utter disgrace to this country and the values enshrined in our founding documents, who would happily have assisted the British, the Confederates, and the Nazis if it meant elevating his own profile. His character is that of a traitor too cowardly to pick up a gun, but who would happily cheer on those who would spread terror and slaughter Innocents. He is a monster in human skin, and a testament to the sickness and depravity that lurks in the hearts of those who would value the self above all else.

bit more wordy than yours but it gets the point across

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i just remember him interviewing CT's former Gov. Malloy, who is an incredibly easy target for Fox News, and Fucker was just so goddamn weak, it was shameful.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Doin my best to keep the thread positive

https://twitter.com/abcdefghijkLMAO/status/1080989914982957056

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wow.

Think that little laugh is gonna cost him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Tucker Carlson is a strong contender for the biggest shithead in America in a very crowded field.

I can't even decide which I hate more on the very same channel, him, Sean or Jeanine. God what a rotten shithole. Also, these stupid fucks hate science, hate art and hate comedy. Sounds like they owe these women a thank you.