Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'll try I guess!! I just hit Lv30 so I feel like I'm being thrown in the deep end too early. I barely know how to play Karthus and Pantheon or CS efficiently yet :( I'd try playing ranked to get a more solid MMR indicator but I don't even have enough characters yet.

for what its worth, i call that division “scrappy silver players vs plat/diamond 1tricks off their main” because i saw some crazy good diamond 5 shaco mains that could not last hit worth a loving gosh drat in those normal games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I can't wait for role-based elo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's going to be a loving mess

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
my winrate on the broken roles is higher than on the bad roles.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Also for whatever it's worth I imagine playing karthus could really gently caress with someone who doesn't have basic game fundamentals down pat yet, having to aim autos must be a trip when you're just trying to CS properly

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Double Post but did they buff the AI at some point or does something about twisted treeline just make them work better, because I remember back when I used to play summoners rift bot games years ago they never event went into the jungle unless it was forced, but I've honest to god come close to losing a couple bot games grinding my alt because they're like roaming and poo poo, and the new players I'm matched with understandably have no idea what to do about it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Trying to learn jungle now, anyone recommend a starting route for xin zhao?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Erdricks posted:

Red, krugs, scuttler , gank. Xin has very good ganks, especially if the lane you're ganking has a tiny amount of cc. That's my route for jax as well. After that I do raptors, wolves, blue, and then either gank mid or do frog and gank the opposite lane to the first gank. If on the way to your second gank scuttler is up for some reason take that on the way.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Erdricks posted:

red or blue, gank, gank, gank, gank

I'm being a little facetious, but Xin has incredible early ganks so look for opportunities. Basically do your buffs, do scuttle (because you can beat everyone early except for maybe Lee and Elise), and look for ganks.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Xin is also really good for invading. I've done a lot of start my red then beeline straight to their blue or vice versa. You can at least steal their buff if not straight up catch the enemy jungler by surprise and kill them.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I used to jungle a lot in season 2 and 3, but lately every time I've been filled into jungle I've gotten my poo poo absolutely wrecked by the jungle camps.

How do you jungle and maintain a decent life total? Is it something to do with when you use smite?

I presume with Elise you still kite the monster into punching your spiderlings, but what route do you take generally? Also would vi follow a similar route?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I used to jungle a lot in season 2 and 3, but lately every time I've been filled into jungle I've gotten my poo poo absolutely wrecked by the jungle camps.

How do you jungle and maintain a decent life total? Is it something to do with when you use smite?

I presume with Elise you still kite the monster into punching your spiderlings, but what route do you take generally? Also would vi follow a similar route?

The first step is not playing Elise, she's been mediocre for quite awhile.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

smite goes into it a bit(smite red buff for hp), as well as your path. make sure you do scuttle crab, especially as elise you should be fighting the hell out of anyone who gets in the way of your non kosher seafood options because you win most low level fights. certain junglers also just clear more safely than others, and watch out for raptors. if you are not a jungler that does raptors well they will loving annihilate your entire life

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

The first step is not playing Elise, she's been mediocre for quite awhile.

I think she's good again now

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
rework trundle plz riot he cant clear the jungle even decently without stacking armor and rushing tiamat. most mages outclear him outside of buff camps and gromp

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
People are really sleeping on Cassiopeia.

I think people don't like aiming her poison but once you get used to her she is a loving crazy mage.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

People are really sleeping on Cassiopeia.

I think people don't like aiming her poison but once you get used to her she is a loving crazy mage.

She's the number one midlane in the game and is so good Griffin played her ADC.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey gang just a heads up until riot fixes it but do not ping an enemy neekos items under any circumstances

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
you can't just say that and not say why

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
it duplicates it for her

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

curiousCat posted:

you can't just say that and not say why

Crashes the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
for everyone? sounds like an easy way to get out of a bad game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

for everyone? sounds like an easy way to get out of a bad game.

For the person who pings it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Lid posted:

Is she? I hardly see people pick her.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Anidav posted:

Is she? I hardly see people pick her.

she was the only 100% pick/ban champ in the most recent KeSPA Cup, IIRC

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Lid posted:

Dis they already nerf her? Think Q (which is what people max these days) was supposed to be nerfed at some point.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We keep winning and now we're being matched against high plats and diamonds now. The problem is that we get silvers on our team :negative:

I mean, if you're still winning then the game is right in amping it up.

Maybe you should try... gitting bad.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Elentor posted:

I think Riot needs to flag their accounts for losses

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Elentor posted:

We've had some nightmarishly bad teammates lately so the average Elo has dropped to Silver, thank god, but it still feels like every game is a coin flip of 'who gets the Gold/smurf stack' where none of your input matters in the end :(

Also how the gently caress does jungling work? It seems like you're supposed to farm monsters while you drop in to help the lanes, but that latter part never seems to happen. In fact our junglers flat-out refuse to help even when asked. I've lured them to our tower and done 50% of their HP and they have no escape options, why do you not want these free-est of kills :negative:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Also how the gently caress does jungling work? It seems like you're supposed to farm monsters while you drop in to help the lanes, but that latter part never seems to happen. In fact our junglers flat-out refuse to help even when asked. I've lured them to our tower and done 50% of their HP and they have no escape options, why do you not want these free-est of kills :negative:

Seems like you've figured out both jungling and junglers! Coming in to help your lanes unexpectedly is called a "gank" and now you can properly start begging for them, like every other laner!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Whether your jungler can gank is a lot more than just your opponents being close to tower and low-ish on HP (though obviously those are important).
  • is your jungler anywhere near your lane?
  • does your jungler have enough HP/mana?
  • does someone between your jungler and your lane have the CC to keep them in place?
  • do your opponents have flash/heal? Do you or your jungler? Does your lane have ignite?
  • how good is their lane at disengaging, eg Ezreal, Janna, Karma?
  • where's their jungler? Are they baiting it there so that they can win an easy 3v3?
  • is your jungler something absurdly loving useless like Yi or Shyvana that shouldn't even be in League of Legends because having them as a jungler is fun for absolutely no one other than them and honestly how do they even find farming for 20 minutes 1v0 fun?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey my master yi ganks people... it is just that bad yis give it a bad name

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

We've had some nightmarishly bad teammates lately so the average Elo has dropped to Silver, thank god, but it still feels like every game is a coin flip of 'who gets the Gold/smurf stack' where none of your input matters in the end :(

How are you asking? If you are spam pinging for help and getting destroyed, as the jungler I'm going to be looking to prop up winning solo lanes. All three lanes would love the jungler to be in their lane all the time, but the jungle needs to clear camps to stay relevant in xp and gold, and protect other lanes that are doing well and maybe overextending.

If you can tell the jungler that the opponent has no summoners or that you swept for vision so they don't know a gank is coming, I'm more likely to help.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 4, 2019

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Whether your jungler can gank is a lot more than just your opponents being close to tower and low-ish on HP (though obviously those are important).
  • is your jungler anywhere near your lane?
  • does your jungler have enough HP/mana?
  • does someone between your jungler and your lane have the CC to keep them in place?
  • do your opponents have flash/heal? Do you or your jungler? Does your lane have ignite?
  • how good is their lane at disengaging, eg Ezreal, Janna, Karma?
  • where's their jungler? Are they baiting it there so that they can win an easy 3v3?
  • is your jungler something absurdly loving useless like Yi or Shyvana that shouldn't even be in League of Legends because having them as a jungler is fun for absolutely no one other than them and honestly how do they even find farming for 20 minutes 1v0 fun?

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of the game sense components of jungling/ganking like warding up and making sure the fight is winnable, I'm just not sure how the hell one is supposed to play jungler themselves. We also seem to get particularly awful people who are perfectly capable of helping (they are 5 seconds away and topped up vs a champion who couldn't possibly win the fight, and there is nobody nearby to turn the tables), they just refuse to out of spite. Like they actually just go 'you died lol I'm not helping' in chat and then gently caress off and let them (read: me) get eaten alive. I have the good graces to acknowledge my shortcomings and ask for help in actual words in chat, is that so horrible that Zilean killed me top one time?? :(

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if you play jungle you know what you want out of a gank and use that to entice the jungler like “hey this guy over extending like a motherfucker with no wards and keeps using his escape spells offensively”, you are not actually asking for a gank but they will show up

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Jungling is hard yo. There's only like 2 champs I don't embarrass myself with (kayn, j4), it feels like every decision means a lot more than it does in any other role

You feel bad sometimes, last time I played, my top got ganked like 3 times in as many minutes and started begging for help. At that point tho the lane is lost, I just focussed on getting my botlane ahead instead. I succeeded in that but their top just took the game over.

'Better jungle wins' is a meme at this point but eh its not wrong

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Just as a side note, why would anyone play J4 when Camille exists?

Camille has a longer range dash than J4 (granted it has to go off a wall, but it is only one skill as opposed to two).

Camille has J4's ult but it can't be flashed or dashed out off.

Camille passively gets a damage shield based on opponent's damage type. J4's W... slows. And is one of his skills.

Camille has like two easy auto-attack resets.

I like J4 a lot but man it feels bad playing him when Camille exists.

edit: Oh also Camille's mana costs are much more manageable and her clear is way faster.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 4, 2019

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jarvan's numbers are really high to make up for the fact that he has A Ability v:smith:v

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Is Vladimir objectively bad, or am I? I like his aesthetic, but the whole aspect of sacking your own hp to try and do aoe damage can feel frustrating to juggle. I'm gonna wear out my Q key before I get good at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Just as a side note, why would anyone play J4 when Camille exists?

Camille has a longer range dash than J4 (granted it has to go off a wall, but it is only one skill as opposed to two).

Camille has J4's ult but it can't be flashed or dashed out off.

Camille passively gets a damage shield based on opponent's damage type. J4's W... slows. And is one of his skills.

Camille has like two easy auto-attack resets.

I like J4 a lot but man it feels bad playing him when Camille exists.

edit: Oh also Camille's mana costs are much more manageable and her clear is way faster.

Camille's clear isn't faster, that's like the one reason she's not the most broken character in the game

J4 is easier to play and has better burst and ganks, especially early