Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Apparently the house passed a bill to fund homeland security without a wall budget. http://www.waff.com/2019/01/03/trump-surprise-media-conference-argues-border-wall-shutdown-continues/

e: please look at my unimpressed dog

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have a question: shortly after Barack Obama was elected he was given a Nobel prize for Achievements In Not Being George Bush. What the hell can we give whoever unseats Trump? Even two Nobel prizes wouldn't cut it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

The Lone Badger posted:

I have a question: shortly after Barack Obama was elected he was given a Nobel prize for Achievements In Not Being George Bush. What the hell can we give whoever unseats Trump? Even two Nobel prizes wouldn't cut it.

Probably just rename the moon after them or something like that?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i feel like the clean bill to reopen the government - except DHS - is pretty good politics

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Lone Badger posted:

5th face on Mt Rushmore

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

When was the last time the Republicans nominated a beer drinker anyway? Trump, Romney, and W are teetotalers and I’m pretty sure McCain was a liquor guy.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is overblown. His plan is to ask for the returns in February or March, instead of tomorrow, after arguing for a month or two why Trump should have voluntarily turned them over. Its probably going to take most of this year to fight it out in court.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

5th face on Mt Rushmore

I'd rather we just x out some of the slave owners and give em that spot

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

if you can find an example of an ariana grande before/after picture as egregious as that absurdity than I will change my opinion.

They don't have to be that bad to be something that should make your eyes pop.

Yes there are Italians that dark, even features wise there are Italians that can pass as hispanic super easily. I have relatives in that capacity myself.
Ariana is not one of those Italians.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

blue state republicans already seem to be getting cold feet

https://twitter.com/nexton9news/status/1080978935985434624

although there's not near enough of them to make something veto-proof

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm pretty close to open borders. Check people for a criminal record but not much else. Refine it down a bit so bullshit offenses don't put you on the do-not-enter list

I mean you do also have to shake people down to make sure they're not bringing plants and animals and poo poo over, since those can cause pretty significant environmental problems

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Trump called an emergency presser, came onto stage wearing his finest Handsome Jack Mask

Does...does this mean Pence hosed Butt Stallion?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

But I don’t want to name the moon Horsefucker.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mcmagic posted:

These idiots still think they are in 1971. This is why it's so blatantly obvious that they won't do what will need to be done even if they fully control government in 2021.

I see Mcmagic is up and running again. That took what, less than a day to get back to status quo?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eke out posted:

blue state republicans already seem to be getting cold feet

https://twitter.com/nexton9news/status/1080978935985434624

although there's not near enough of them to make something veto-proof

He's vulnerable in 2020. His seat is a prime pickup opportunity for the Democrats, and he knows it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Congressional Medal of Honor?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Krispy Wafer posted:

But I don’t want to name the moon Horsefucker.

He already has Alpha Centauri.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean you do also have to shake people down to make sure they're not bringing plants and animals and poo poo over, since those can cause pretty significant environmental problems

Just visited New Zealand in which their #2 economy comes from farming and they are strict as gently caress about it to the point an immigration/customs official has full right to take your phone and go through it and if you refuse it can be fines or jail time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigel posted:

This is overblown. His plan is to ask for the returns in February or March, instead of tomorrow, after arguing for a month or two why Trump should have voluntarily turned them over. Its probably going to take most of this year to fight it out in court.

It's just ridiculous that these people think they are gaining political capital by not looking partisan when the only reason they are in power is because their base despises Trump and his party.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah customs serves a valuable purpose even if immigration doesn't really I'll agree with that. You might even need border security to prevent smuggling. It's struct limits on immigration specifically I'm against

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gatts posted:

Just visited New Zealand in which their #2 economy comes from farming and they are strict as gently caress about it to the point an immigration/customs official has full right to take your phone and go through it and if you refuse it can be fines or jail time.

What plants/animals can you hide in a phone?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Peacoffee posted:

his experience playing Steve Austin on 30 Rock has prepared him for this role.

I mean hell, he'd just have to do a dumber, slightly more evil version of Roger Sterling to play any number of Trump hangers-on.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Charlz Guybon posted:

What plants/animals can you hide in a phone?

It's related to reading through it and checking intention to do something or secrecy with smuggling something in or out.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1081016250652872704

https://mobile.twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1081021160513564672

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Small cracks are all it takes. Small cracks can be widened with time, pressure, and patience.

If GOP Congressmen are breaking from the pack it shows that they don't fear McCarthy's reprisals, too, so it could portend more Republicans voting for these things.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 4, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol he knows he is gonna get loving blamed and is looking for an out.

cool. cant wait for the senate to murder it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Could Flake and another republican break ranks?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gatts posted:

mitch won't let it onto the floor if he possibly can avoid it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gatts posted:

flake is gone. so idk.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gatts posted:

Jeff Flake is no longer a United States Senator, and Mitch McConnell is too much of a coward to bring any of these to a vote because he knows they might pass.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gatts posted:

Flake is no longer a senator

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gatts posted:

Doesn't matter, you need 60. They would need 8 GOP to side with the dem legislation from the house to send it to Trump. He won't sign anything without some border wall funding. At this point all the house can do is send bills to the Senate to die until enough GOP people crack.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Small cracks are all it takes. Small cracks can be widened with time, pressure, and patience.

If GOP Congressmen are breaking from the pack it shows that they don't fear McCarthy's reprisals, too, so it could portend more Republicans voting for these things.

Every time I see the name McCarthy I can only think of the whole communism hunts and poo poo, which is fitting and makes it feel like a twilight zone episode.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Does...does this mean Pence hosed Butt Stallion?

When Pence hosed him he was still “Piss-for-Brains” I thought. I appreciate your reference.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ok, 5 Billion for the wall but it's built over Mar-a-lago and he and everyone who's worked for him has to live in it.

It's called Trump Tower and anyone trying to leave is deported.

e: I mean his admin.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 4, 2019

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ripoff posted:

When Pence hosed him he was still “Piss-for-Brains” I thought. I appreciate your reference.

Butt Stallion says hello.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Trump called an emergency presser, came onto stage wearing his finest Handsome Jack Mask and flanked by his top Skinhead hype men, shouted "WALLS WALLS SLATS!" for twenty minutes and ran away?
It was going to be an ad for trump brand razors but he forgot and wandered away before getting to the pitch.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Jeff Flake is no longer a United States Senator, and Mitch McConnell is too much of a coward to bring any of these to a vote because he knows they might pass.

No "might" about it. The Senate would pass this

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

No "might" about it. The Senate would pass this

The Senate wants this all to go away and but for McConnell's cowardice they would love to vote for these bills. The media would spend weeks sucking them off for being "bipartisan" and they could go back to their regularly scheduled cruelty.

We already peeled off Cory Gardner, and I think more will follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They also have 53 now... Not 51...