Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

stealie72 posted:

"Luanne, he had a mental breakdown and is now sausage. He has not gone to a better place." Is now my 10 year old daughters favorite KOTH line. Forgot how dark that got.

He prettymuch had the opposite of a mental breakdown though.

I mean physically, maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The blonde girl who lives here said I like fruit pies

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Edit:
Dammit the app doesn't allow photo uploads anymore, does it?

Betazoid fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 3, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Betazoid posted:

Edit:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Betazoid posted:

Edit:

For some reason I had to find a new source for an old image I had on my phone and it worked fine.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Master Twig posted:

He appears in two episodes. In one, he is amazing. Everything he does is perfection.

In the next, he is beyond terrible. He has no funny lines and actively destroys Bill's chance to spread happiness and gain prosperity.

"Nothing human disgusts me"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
god said to me, "don't do it." but you know what? i knew better!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Master Twig posted:

He appears in two episodes. In one, he is amazing. Everything he does is perfection.

In the next, he is beyond terrible. He has no funny lines and actively destroys Bill's chance to spread happiness and gain prosperity.

Sir, you are no kin to me, so I will have your silence.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 3, 2019

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Bill's inability to capitalize on chances to prosper and spread happiness is the core of his being though. That his family would specialize in enforcing that torment on him is appropriately in character, I think. I wouldn't disbelieve the assertion that Arlen itself is Purgatory.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I wouldn't disbelieve the assertion that Arlen itself is Purgatory.

this presumes that peggy hill is a writer or philosopher worthy of being sent to purgatory

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He treatment of Bill is indefensible in the BBQ episode, yet his treatment of the homeless man at the bus station is really sweet. Gilbert is a land of contrasts.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gilbert was right, anyway. Bill could pass the recipe on to Bobby without turning it into some capitalist whore show for Ted Wassanasong and that degenerate Buck Strickland. Then what, they're gonna cheap out on ingredients and totally abandon all the stuff like lighting the fire with a page of good news and make it another lovely sugar pumped sauce and that'll be what carries on the family name?

It's not Gilbert's fault Bill is a sad sack and can't find happiness except by random flights of fancy he loses interest in days later without caring about what he leaves behind him. Whatever happened to Laoma??? He doesn't care. He's dating a governor who is cool but his toxic rear end poo poo ex wife looks at him and he cheats.

gently caress Bill he's an entitled selfish piece of poo poo actually. The amount of stuff that Hank has to do to care for him constantly is out of control.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Moridin920 posted:

Gilbert was right, anyway. Bill could pass the recipe on to Bobby without turning it into some capitalist whore show for Ted Wassanasong and that degenerate Buck Strickland. Then what, they're gonna cheap out on ingredients and totally abandon all the stuff like lighting the fire with a page of good news and make it another lovely sugar pumped sauce and that'll be what carries on the family name?

It's not Gilbert's fault Bill is a sad sack and can't find happiness except by random flights of fancy he loses interest in days later without caring about what he leaves behind him. Whatever happened to Laoma??? He doesn't care. He's dating a governor who is cool but his toxic rear end poo poo ex wife looks at him and he cheats.

gently caress Bill he's an entitled selfish piece of poo poo actually. The amount of stuff that Hank has to do to care for him constantly is out of control.

Also that time he gave everyone lice.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bill has really bad depression and occasionally pulls himself out of it. Once the honey moon is over and he goes back to being a depressed mess he loses all interest and blames the new hobby on all his problems. He needs a therapist.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pixaal posted:

Bill has really bad depression and occasionally pulls himself out of it. Once the honey moon is over and he goes back to being a depressed mess he loses all interest and blames the new hobby on all his problems. He needs a therapist.

Yeah but there's depressed and there's giving everyone lice (as haljordan reminded me of) but then not even understanding why everyone got pissed off and whining about how everyone hates him.

Yeah, rear end in a top hat, now everyone has to deal with lice because you thought it'd be cool and good to give yourself lice and not tell anyone about it so you could chat some woman up. Did he ever apologize for that? Nope. He acted like a little baby so hard that Hank had to get arrested and then get some sketchy tattoo to get him to stop QQing and come home instead of going to prison for like 20+ years.

There's depressed and there's long time untreated borderline personality disorder. I guess yeah he does need a therapist but everyone else is a saint for putting up with him for so long.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 3, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

'I saw Bobby get up early for work today....not that I was watching your house or anything.'

Bill is meant to be totally unlikable and Hank's constant guilt-addled enablement destroys them both regularly.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm convinced that Bill is a pleaser with an obviously broken childhood experience. He's entirely capable and motivated when under an abusive influence, like his football coach, the army, his ex wife, Peggy or Hank, but without someone angry or disappointed at him he collapses with no internal motivation. If he could ever find self confidence, or at least lose his dependence on trying to please abusive people he would be fine. He won't, because he needs therapy and his enablers are conservative Texans who consider therapy to be hippy dippy voodoo woo.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

FuhrerHat posted:

"Nothing human disgusts me"

He believes it was Lucretius who said that!

No crap, I made this a cornerstone of my personal philosophy... thanks Gilbert

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bill tries to get therapy but I think his insurance wouldn't cover it?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Moridin920 posted:

There's depressed and there's long time untreated borderline personality disorder. I guess yeah he does need a therapist but everyone else is a saint for putting up with him for so long.

well there was the episode where he checked himself into a mental hospital, was responding well to it, and then was forced to leave by hank

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well there was the episode where he checked himself into a mental hospital, was responding well to it, and then was forced to leave by hank

lol

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Bill doesn't need to see a psychiatrist. He's not crazy; he's just suicidal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

snack eater posted:

Bill doesn't need to see a psychiatrist. He's not crazy; he's just suicidal.

You don't have to be crazy to talk to news to talk to someone. Depression and work anxiatity are the most common reasons and no one would classify either as crazy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tri-boobs :gonk:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That's just trapped mice that are trying to escape and going to burrow into her chest when they can't get away from the smoke.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Count Dracula has thousands of coffins. They say he sleeps in a different coffin every night. I don't know if it's true it's just what I heard.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wowie what episode was this

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Gotta love those dream sequences.

Also gotta love that these forums understand Bill so thoroughly and intimately it hints at remarkable self-awareness and harsh introspection from dozens of people.

Cartoons are awesome.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Gotta love those dream sequences.

Also gotta love that these forums understand Bill so thoroughly and intimately it hints at remarkable self-awareness and harsh introspection from dozens of people.

Cartoons are awesome.

You can tell no one identifies with Boomhauer because he's satisfied with his life and has no outstanding personal issues to resolve. He's practically a Buddha compared to his neighbors.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No one identifies at boomhauer because nobody is that perfect irl

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wowie what episode was this

Plastic White Female s1e12

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
season 1 had more of those acid trip fantasy sequences than we'd see later on

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Boomhauer struggled with commitment and midlife crisis.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Boomhauer fucks

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

pixaal posted:

You don't have to be crazy to talk to news to talk to someone. Depression and work anxiatity are the most common reasons and no one would classify either as crazy.

That was a Hank quote, btw. I nearly forgot it myself.

I'm surprised Boomhauer and John Redcorn never crossed paths while pursuing a woman.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Boomhauer struggled with commitment and midlife crisis.

What season does that happen? I'm rewatching on Hulu after only seeing a scattering of the original airing over a decade ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What season does that happen? I'm rewatching on Hulu after only seeing a scattering of the original airing over a decade ago.

6 and 12 respectively.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Milo and POTUS posted:

No one identifies at boomhauer because nobody is that perfect irl

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Paladinus posted:

6 and 12 respectively.

Dang ol love in 6, but what's in 12?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dang ol love in 6, but what's in 12?

Four Wave Intersection.