Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The colour shown there doesn't match the values listed and isn't the colour that appears on the actual Wikipedia page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tiggum posted:

The colour shown there doesn't match the values listed and isn't the colour that appears on the actual Wikipedia page.
Weird. It's one of the colors listed on the wikipedia page. Why are these all the same color:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I have lived in many rooms where the windows had bars on them, including now. Not sure where that leaves the fire code.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TofuDiva posted:

Fake edit: turns out that the same Kohler who started the bathtub company did start a resort-spa, so I'm not sure where that leaves the joke.
I think it's just that the (apparently fictional) American Standard spa is cheaper in every way compared to the luxurious and classy Kohler spa.

That's just a guess, but it's all I can think of since they are in a place with a men's and women's room so it's not a hotel room and he is wearing a paper robe so it's not like a showroom or something.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Why are these all the same color:

Because there's no single or widely accepted standard for colour names.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Discendo Vox posted:

I should mention that for years, since first hearing of its history, I have long sought an available archive of Apple Mary, Mary Worth's original incarnation. If any of you have any idea of where I might find one, please let me know!
I suppose the best bet is going through the newspaper archive/microfilms of whatever papers ran it.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Drabble

Fred Basset

Judge Parker

Mary Worth

Office Hours

Reply All

Ziggy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

No new Buni today.

Rhymes with Orange

First lovely Pros and Cons of the New Year

Retail

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Isn't she literally the daughter of the ambassador for their country?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Isn't she literally the daughter of the ambassador for their country?

I believe Diana is the Bangallan ambassador to the UN. She's not the ambassador to America. And it's the Nomad's daughter whose citizenship is the issue here, not Heloise's.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But you'd think she'd have enough grunt to get her friend into the embassy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But you'd think she'd have enough grunt to get her friend into the embassy.

Well, she might, but the situation was a bit time sensitive. We'll see how it plays out now that they're inside and have time to sort out who's mother works where and what authority the embassy has to shelter foreign nationals who happen to be friends with Bangallans.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Corto gets upset with Rasputin... how many times is that, now?, or Corto is mean towards Rasputin, or Rasputin is well game

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Acquetico, province of Imperia.

That is the textbook definition of "speed trap" because the crossing is on a national road (usual speed limit 90 km/h), the speed limit goes down to 50 km/h for a couple hundred metres as the road crosses through the town (the crossing is in front of the church), then goes back up to 90 km/h.

Despite that, I looked up the news. The speed camera was in operation from September 13th, 2018 to September 27th, and recorded 58.227 vehicles passing over 50 km/h (averaging 4.159 per day), of which 187 (total, over the two weeks) were above 90 km/h (what did I say about speed traps?). Top recorded speed was 135 km/h on September 22nd.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip

Happy_Hooligan, Krazy Kat

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/11/88

Vargo posted:

This is a good post! I am definitely looking forward to Ye Olde Foxtrot!

Thank you! I've enjoyed the thread for years and wanted to finally contribute something. Also, BCN is awesome!

Glorified Scrivener fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 4, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Glorified Scrivener posted:

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/11/88

I am enjoying Ye Olde Foxtrot and can't wait to see more!

Andy Capp

November 23, 1957

"'Eads we go to the dogs - tails we play snooker - and if it stands on it's edge we take Florrie and Mary to the pictures."

Heathcliff Old And New

Ballard Street

October 10, 2002

Outbursts of Everett True

holy poo poo this one is dark

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Didn't he beat the poo poo out of a guy over whipping an old horse once?

Also, Mini Modesty is cracking me up.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

They say he's got an amazing amount of guts. Occupying the space where a brain would usually be.

I love it.

:allears:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/11/88

Pretty sure it's still a good ways off, but looking forward to the series of strips where the creepy guy at a party asks Paige to "do lines" with her (a phrase that completely flew over my 11 year old head reading the anthologies.)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Poor Dustin, having a dissociative fugue.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Hello thread. I know this is not a newspaper comic, but rather an ad comic, but I still want to bring this gay little man to your attention:

I feel like he has the makings for a thread mascot.

It's Popsicle Pete's uncle, the one the family doesn't like to talk about.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sam's Strip

Happy_Hooligan, Krazy Kat

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/11/88

why are you putting this in timg tags

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.

Zereth posted:

why are you putting this in timg tags

Force of habit, fixed.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Force of habit, fixed.
thank you I almost skipped them because it looked like a quote and I wouldn't want to skip old foxtrot

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 12, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 12, 1997)

Garfield Classic (June 12, 1987)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

oh no our little Ruthie has picked up bad language from A Poor

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Lady, you just yelled at the kids for turning the heat up too high like, five minutes ago.

1. It's only occurred to you now, AFTER you did all this construction, that you don't own this house and can't just do what you want willy-nilly?

2. Letting a child pick her favorite out of a few paint swatches will definitely kick off her moral degradation

3. Thank you, colorist, from the bottom of my heart, for picking a background wall color strikingly similar to one of those puce examples posted above.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

A Problem Like Jamal

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vargo posted:

A Problem Like Jamal

someone please get these children progeria treatments. that's a 40 year old man in comic 1, panel 2

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

1. It's only occurred to you now, AFTER you did all this construction, that you don't own this house and can't just do what you want willy-nilly?

I think Brad's parents own the place? So it's not like a normal renting situation. I could be wrong though.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Well congrats, you introduced time travel so now Safe Havens is a comic strip about time travel and nothing else.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
someone please break holbrook's hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

someone please break holbrook's hands