Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

No Wave posted:

The abilities look very nice. The sort of abilities I'd hoped we'd see instead of what we got on the genjis and maievs of the game.

What did you expect from Genji, exactly? What did you hope Maiev got? WC3 warden copy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Can't wait to see him used in pro play

This got a good laugh out of me, thanks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I'm not sure it's possible for them to have come up with a more boring looking alternate skin at the end there

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I was going to say his default skin looks like trash.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Fel Demonic Imperius (legendary)

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
We're bringing you the latest hero, red tyrael

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Axe Imperius and make Tyrael’s trait literally any of those moves.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Explicitly called out in the spotlight as countered by high-mobility heroes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Imperius's model looks really off to me. I feel like he should be much wider than he is, and his wings look really weird constantly tucked behind him like that.

Edit: He plays pretty smoothly once you get used to him. His Q's targeting is weird - he moves to the location and then stuns in the line, rather than dashing and stunning the first thing he comes in contact with. He's pretty solid at ganks and bruiser-style harassment and his kidnapping ultimate is probably going to be the meta pick.

Kith fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 2, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

We've almost killed this one enemy.

*imperius flies him away to safety somehow*

nooo

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I see you've played with my Stitches.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah his wings look weird and why are they behind him like that instead of radiating out like the other angels.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It looks weird because Imperius actually walks instead of floating like the others.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
It really looks like they reused Leoric’s walk animation for Imperious and that saddens me on just so many levels.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

It's almost like they didn't want him to look exactly like another character :thunk:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Eraflure posted:

It's almost like they didn't want him to look exactly like another character :thunk:

He could have had a different stance as he floated. :shrug:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

A different stance wouldn't be enough, you need to be able to immediately identify each hero in the middle of a fight, especially at a competitive lev... oh

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Just going to chalk this up as being lazy/rushed. Also kit looking boring.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I can never say no to summoning floating swords and launching them at your enemies as a barrage of projectiles

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
new Blaze skin is looking cool I guess

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like Imperius' kit seems like it could be suited to an actual tank, which is funny since they called him a bruiser. He has an engage with CC and a slow. And his engage can also be used as an escape. Also lol that they are releasing a hero in 2019 and still haven't bothered updated their role system.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Cephas posted:

I can never say no to summoning floating swords and launching them at your enemies as a barrage of projectiles

I feel exactly the same way

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

ToastyPotato posted:

I feel like Imperius' kit seems like it could be suited to an actual tank, which is funny since they called him a bruiser. He has an engage with CC and a slow. And his engage can also be used as an escape. Also lol that they are releasing a hero in 2019 and still haven't bothered updated their role system.

He only gets his self sustain by tagging enemies with all of his abilities though. I think that will stop him main tanking at least

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Eraflure posted:

Yeah, like how Auriel looks exactly like Tyreal! :pseudo:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Known bruiser/initiator Auriel

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Don't know who this Rich guy is, but I agree with all his points. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8diqAEeZ5E&t=3s

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Agree with him 100% about skins, official stats, and etc. Sad to see that even a pro like him made these suggestions years ago directly to the devs and yielded no results. Imperius is basically a metaphor for this whole game and it would be fitting if he were the last hero released for it.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

And it so happens that a Diablo character rang the death knell for HoTS.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

oh no, the big angel man's wings are only medium-sized and his spell animations are kind of wonky, guess the servers are shutting down tomorrow

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dire Human posted:

oh no, the big angel man's wings are only medium-sized and his spell animations are kind of wonky, guess the servers are shutting down tomorrow

Did you miss the news? Are you the one new hots player?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
After the video, I'm laughing at the thought of Imperius dragging Diablo sky-high, telling him 'hey, look at the view, isn't it cool', then gently putting him back down.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Is there no game safe from imperious in its final act?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Is there no game safe from imperious in its final act?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i don't really care about the wings or most of the animation gripes, but him stabbing them and lifting them up is a really weird animation. like there's supposed to be an end part that they just cut out.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It looks like he's cancelling an animation from a longer combo

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ninjewtsu posted:

i don't really care about the wings or most of the animation gripes, but him stabbing them and lifting them up is a really weird animation. like there's supposed to be an end part that they just cut out.

Yeah, it would look way better if it ended with a slam to the ground or something.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Did you miss the news? Are you the one new hots player?

I've been around long enough that the "omg ded game" poo poo has popped up after every major change, and whatever hero launched after the Blizzard restructuring announcement is going to be nitpicked to loving death as """proof""" that the devs are hacks and HotS is finally finished and everyone should abandon ship etc etc etc

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Imperius's ults recycle animations from li-ming and johanna- just a fun easteregg for Diablo fans from your friends here at Blizzard

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dire Human posted:

I've been around long enough that the "omg ded game" poo poo has popped up after every major change, and whatever hero launched after the Blizzard restructuring announcement is going to be nitpicked to loving death as """proof""" that the devs are hacks and HotS is finally finished and everyone should abandon ship etc etc etc

No one was serious that this hero killed hots what. They're making a joke because Blizzard killed hots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Quote isn't edit.