Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my god. Dung Defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If the Knight made it into Smash Bros. somehow, what do you think its moveset would be?

Neutral B: Vengeful Spirit
Up B: Cyclone Slash (Links' Up B, basically) or Howling Wraiths?
Down B: Desolate Dive (Ground Pound)
Side B: Dash Slash (Ike's Side B, basically)
Final Smash: Abyss Shriek (Powered up version of Howling Wraiths) or Great Slash or Dream Nail

The final smash is the toughest to figure out. Though maybe the Hollow Knight would appear and recreate the ending with the Radiance? Or maybe a bunch of different moves using the various charms?

The Knight's Down-Air would definitely be the nail hop. Knight would also have a Hornet color scheme as their Player 2 color for sure.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nanigans posted:

If the Knight made it into Smash Bros. somehow, what do you think its moveset would be?

Neutral B: Vengeful Spirit
Up B: Cyclone Slash (Links' Up B, basically) or Howling Wraiths?
Down B: Desolate Dive (Ground Pound)
Side B: Dash Slash (Ike's Side B, basically)
Final Smash: Abyss Shriek (Powered up version of Howling Wraiths) or Great Slash or Dream Nail

The final smash is the toughest to figure out. Though maybe the Hollow Knight would appear and recreate the ending with the Radiance? Or maybe a bunch of different moves using the various charms?

The Knight's Down-Air would definitely be the nail hop. Knight would also have a Hornet color scheme as their Player 2 color for sure.

Final smash would definitely be the knight recreating the ending of Pantheon 5 with whichever poor sucked you nailed.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I finished every fight in the hall of gods on ascended difficulty. Ascended AR was an absolute bitch.

I also did the 5th Pantheon again because I gave my new hive-minded friend a flower

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 26, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Merry bugmas everyone
https://twitter.com/HK_wjan/status/1077580650067050497

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I love the crazy lady locked into her little house in the City of Tears, she made me laugh.

The Hive is bastarding hard though, I haven't struggled as much on a boss as that swole bee. He's some work.

e: Just remember running in terror from the Watcher Knights, nevermind.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I want to hug that little Quirrell oh my God

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Lots of cool pixel art on that twitter account. I'd love it if Team Cherry did a small retro-style side-game in the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon mold.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Picked this up in the winter sale. It's really good! There are so many areas to explore and it's all so pretty and woah. Got the soul nail and am now collecting essence; have like 80 or so. Just opened up the other side of the city of tears and found another tram underneath?! How big is this game? The sense of scale is really impressive.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Picked this up in the winter sale. It's really good! There are so many areas to explore and it's all so pretty and woah. Got the soul nail and am now collecting essence; have like 80 or so. Just opened up the other side of the city of tears and found another tram underneath?! How big is this game? The sense of scale is really impressive.

It is surprisingly big and elaborate, especially considering it retails for just $15. HK is maybe the best value I've ever got out of a game.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

If I start a new game in Godseeker mode, and finish the 5th Pantheon in under 5 hours, will the achievement for the 5 hour speedrun pop?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

il serpente cosmico posted:

If I start a new game in Godseeker mode, and finish the 5th Pantheon in under 5 hours, will the achievement for the 5 hour speedrun pop?

I just tested this out: No, it doesn't pop the achievement.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Wait

wait

wait

There's ANOTHER loving ENDING IN GODMASTER????? (gm spoilers)

what the gently caress

how does this game have so much content

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because we don't deserve Team Cherry.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gonna get back to working through the Godmaster content this week, do I get anything for beating all of the individual fights in Hall of the Gods and if so what difficulty level do I need to do them all on?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Gonna get back to working through the Godmaster content this week, do I get anything for beating all of the individual fights in Hall of the Gods and if so what difficulty level do I need to do them all on?

You get a journal entry for beating them all on Attuned and also Ascended, but nothing for Radiant. It isn't anything big.

Hall of Gods is best used to practice the particular bosses giving you trouble in the Pantheons.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A big flaming stink posted:

Wait

wait

wait

There's ANOTHER loving ENDING IN GODMASTER????? (gm spoilers)

what the gently caress

how does this game have so much content

Technically there's two :sun:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

il serpente cosmico posted:

You get a journal entry for beating them all on Attuned and also Ascended, but nothing for Radiant. It isn't anything big.

You don't get a journal entry but the statue of the hollow knight changes in radiant.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

You don't get a journal entry but the statue of the hollow knight changes in radiant.

Ah, I wasn't aware. Beating everyone without taking a hit seems completely nuts to me.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Heads up: AGDQ is starting up this sunday, and it kicks off with a Hollow Knight run (no major glitches and true ending). Go watch it, it's bound to be cool. Schedule with exact times for your timezone here: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule (17:00 UTC)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Samopsa posted:

Heads up: AGDQ is starting up this sunday, and it kicks off with a Hollow Knight run (no major glitches and true ending). Go watch it, it's bound to be cool. Schedule with exact times for your timezone here: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule (17:00 UTC)

"True ending" being a Radiant kill and not the Godmaster ending I assume?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

"True ending" being a Radiant kill and not the Godmaster ending I assume?

Yes.

Gonna enjoy my govt furlough by binge posting AGDQ.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
What's the deal with the Mask Crafter? I found it yesterday, it had a few lines of dialog but then no option to trade or give items or whatever. Same question for Midwife.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Eschatos posted:

What's the deal with the Mask Crafter? I found it yesterday, it had a few lines of dialog but then no option to trade or give items or whatever. Same question for Midwife.

Just lore and possibly foreshadowing for the Hornet campaign.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Eschatos posted:

yes

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I played Ori and the blind forest for the first time this week, it's alright, but a certain slipperiness to the controls had me very frustrated in parts and wishing it was as responsive as Hollow Knight.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

khwarezm posted:

I played Ori and the blind forest for the first time this week, it's alright, but a certain slipperiness to the controls had me very frustrated in parts and wishing it was as responsive as Hollow Knight.

careful, you’ll get people accusing hollow knight’s sloppy controls as culprit for why the white palace is so hard riled

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does ori have contact damage? It really ruins my immersion. Old metroidvanias never had that.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

No Wave posted:

Does ori have contact damage? It really ruins my immersion. Old metroidvanias never had that.

Yes, but after you get a certain upgrade it's not much of an issue.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

metroid and castlevania have contact damage ....

am I being Trolled

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

careful, you’ll get people accusing hollow knight’s sloppy controls as culprit for why the white palace is so hard riled

Hollow knight’s controls are good but they have nothing on Celeste. The white palace isn’t very hard, though. Going through it felt smoother than like, literally any of the bosses, to me. I’m so bad at hollow knight’s bosses.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea white palace wasn’t bad but I ended my game there. I didn’t want to suffer through the path of pain.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

Is this a reference to someone's bad opinion

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ShadeofBlue posted:

Hollow knight’s controls are good but they have nothing on Celeste. The white palace isn’t very hard, though. Going through it felt smoother than like, literally any of the bosses, to me. I’m so bad at hollow knight’s bosses.

White Palace definitely had some "put the switch down and walk away" periods because it was possible to go full tilt. Between the healing charms and taking your time it was fine.

Edit: that said attempting white Palace without health upgrades and only 3 heals in the tank would be a nightmare.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I'm much better at the combat in the game (still really bad at it) than the platforming, so White Palace was a nightmare, but I finished it!

Forget all the Godseeker pantheon stuff though. NKG was the hardest I had the patience for.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
All the Godseeker stuff is vastly harder than anything in White Palace

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Honestly I quite enjoyed the white palace. As long as you had the proper charms you weren't in danger of dieing and having to start all over. It was extremely satisfying to nail sections that looked impossible at first.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Feeling extremely pumped that I just beat the fourth pantheon. When I first encountered Pure Vessel, who immediately handed me my own rear end, I thought there was no way. Now I can beat him pretty consistently and it wasn’t really too bad!

Uhh... not sure the fifth pantheon will happen though. I haven’t tried it yet. Are most of the bosses in it at their Ascended difficulty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You fight every boss in its ascended difficulty, plus at least two new variants of existing bosses which you can probably guess from their position on the boss list. Suffice to say, I'm never going to see them.