Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Switchback posted:

Jamaican dude has a go fund me. He’s raised $45.

Lololol coltee called the cops on Larissa and now her green card is gonna get denied. They have a video poker machine in their dining room.

Abusive teenager being all “well the baby is a US citizen, so if I wanna bring him back you don’t really have a choice” because he doesn’t know about The Hague convention. Or Indo princess trying to stop paying child support. Do the producers ever explain laws?

All these people are such garbage, it makes me feel like I’m made of gold.

It's terrible what happened to Ashley. Who'd have thought a 20 year old sex-crazed Jamaican would have issues being faithful.

From memory he bragged shortly after that about loving his dad's girlfriend and breaking them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

piss explosion posted:

It's terrible what happened to Ashley.

Truly :smith:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Apparently Olga's parents ritually murdered her older sister to drive out the devil. I can't speak to soapdirt's journalistic rigeur but there's a picture of a newspaper clipping and everything.

Also pretty graphic description of the killing in there too.

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-horror-story-olga-grandparents-brutally-murdered-her-mother-left-her-an-orphan/

Like what the gently caress

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Deadite posted:

Does anyone know if Leida’s family is actually rich? They weren’t staying in fancy hotels or anything on their visit and they didn’t even stay in NYC.

Taking them to a cabin in Pennsylvania was pretty funny on the guy’s part though

Whether they are RICH rich or just Indo middle class, she would have had helpers and nannies and drivers that would have kept her life clean and comfortable. She’s an awful ungrateful wench but for real his gross rear end apartment with his inflatable sofa would be a major downgrade.

She straight out said she was only marrying him for the green card so now it’s on him. This spineless twerp nuked his relationship with his kid for her, so imo he’s the worst. I hate him so much.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Switchback posted:

Whether they are RICH rich or just Indo middle class, she would have had helpers and nannies and drivers that would have kept her life clean and comfortable. She’s an awful ungrateful wench but for real his gross rear end apartment with his inflatable sofa would be a major downgrade.

She straight out said she was only marrying him for the green card so now it’s on him. This spineless twerp nuked his relationship with his kid for her, so imo he’s the worst. I hate him so much.

I'm openly a garbage person who revels in this misery and I feel no shame watching the "lovely old dads" suffer (tweedledee in Kentucky, that creep who decided to swap his filipino ex-wife for a fresher model, the squatter dad who kicked his daughter out of her own house). They deserve what they get. I just got season 6 on amazon and I'm eager to cram this into my eye holes

e: TLC, hmu, I cracked your code.

Select one from each list to create a couple!

1) Clueless mormon
2) Weird, sad old
3) Annoying kid
4) Party person
5) Closeted person

living...

1) In a vermin-filled shack
2) With their parent(s)
3) In a house with a nonsensical floorplan
4) In Fentanyl Co., Idaho

meets...

1) An overt scammer
2) A clueless ingenue
3) A desperate person with dependents
4) Another mormon
5) An Instagram model

while...

1) on vacation
2) on a mission trip
3) cruising the deep web

And it was love at first sight! Find out if it lasts this season on 90 Day Fiance!

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 4, 2019

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Why was the daughter retarded enough to let her idiot father and his new rent-a-wife kick her out of her own house?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Why was the daughter retarded enough to let her idiot father and his new rent-a-wife kick her out of her own house?

do you really expect a furry/otherkin/whatever she is to make good life choices?

she's still better than her new "it's not proper" step mom though.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If the story is to be believed, he gave his daughter months to find a new place and she also had not been paying rent or any other bills for months. I have no problem with her freeloading, furry rear end getting kicked out.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Demon Of The Fall posted:

If the story is to be believed, he gave his daughter months to find a new place and she also had not been paying rent or any other bills for months. I have no problem with her freeloading, furry rear end getting kicked out.

sure but only if leida and her awful attitude and accent also gets kicked out

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

When she said “but I don’t like it!” To legally enforced child support I wanted to explode.

ITS THE LAW, he can’t just stop because you want more cash, you absolute waste of life.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

yeah I eat rear end posted:

do you really expect a furry/otherkin/whatever she is to make good life choices?

she's still better than her new "it's not proper" step mom though.

Wait, she was a FURRY OTHERKIN?

Never mind. They can all live outside like the animals they are.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
thread definitely needs more pictures/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3I5lfsxkI

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Wait, she was a FURRY OTHERKIN?

Never mind. They can all live outside like the animals they are.

I don't know which one she is, but she was wearing a giant tail out the back of her pants in her (I think?) first episode. And her social media names are very furry-esque.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

baw
Nov 5, 2008

lol at jorge trying to lie about going to divorce lawyers when there is goddamn video, made by the camera crew that follows him, showing him going to the divorce lawyer

patb01
Jul 4, 2008

baw posted:

lol at jorge trying to lie about going to divorce lawyers when there is goddamn video, made by the camera crew that follows him, showing him going to the divorce lawyer

I know Jorge is one of those people who makes things worse by being an idiot.

Which is pretty much this show.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Counterpoint is that supposedly it started out as her apartment and he was living in a van, then she took him in, and then at some point the lease got put in his name.

:shrug:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Bold Robot posted:

Counterpoint is that supposedly it started out as her apartment and he was living in a van, then she took him in, and then at some point the lease got put in his name.

:shrug:

she should be thanking him every day for his service of wanting to go fight isis

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

patb01 posted:

I know Jorge is one of those people who makes things worse by being an idiot.

Which is pretty much this show.

Jorge told his fiance he was rich, but that was based upon money he planned on making in the future.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I don't know which one she is, but she was wearing a giant tail out the back of her pants in her (I think?) first episode. And her social media names are very furry-esque.

There's also a MLP picture on the wall in her room we see when they first show it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

There's also a MLP picture on the wall in her room we see when they first show it.

Yeah, there's plenty that normally would make her a target for being made fun of, but when you put the brony furry next to Eric, she comes off as the normal+mature one. Honestly with all she has had to put up with from Eric it's a surprise she's not in to any more deeply weird poo poo.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Yeah, there's plenty that normally would make her a target for being made fun of, but when you put the brony furry next to Eric, she comes off as the normal+mature one. Honestly with all she has had to put up with from Eric it's a surprise she's not in to any more deeply weird poo poo.

For as much as Leida's no prizewinner and Tasha being Tasha, Eric's the main cause of the drama and bullshit.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I could never remember Tasha’s name so my wife and I just called her Skrillex

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
I only catch bits and pieces of this while my wife watches it, but how is Eric the bad guy? He and Tasha seem like relatively reasonable people while Leida is a totally insane, spoiled womanchild who constantly picks fights with everyone over trivial bullshit

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Magnitogorsk. posted:

I only catch bits and pieces of this while my wife watches it, but how is Eric the bad guy? He and Tasha seem like relatively reasonable people while Leida is a totally insane, spoiled womanchild who constantly picks fights with everyone over trivial bullshit

the fact that he's willing to practically disown his children at the drop of a hat for someone like that, for one...

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Well yeah, but it seems like he's doing that as a result of emotional abuse by that psycho, who is mostly responsible for the family conflict in the first place

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

she is certainly abusive and all, but he's still the spineless rear end in a top hat who invited her to the US because he was that desperate to get laid. They are both terrible, but part of being a good parent is sticking up for your kids, even if it angers your mail order bride. The only good thing about him I can say is that at least he's holding firm on child support, but I can't really give him that much credit because he's just following the law, not out of morality or whatever.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Do you guys think Eric’s forehead crease is cause he wore a helmet a lot when he was in the marines? Is that a thing? Or does he just have a weird dome?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Eric waffles when it comes to having a backbone. He knew way before Leida came over that the apartment would be too small for him, her, Alessandro and Tasha. Instead of putting effort into either finding them all a bigger place, or helping Tasha find a new place, he just tells Tasha she's going to have to move with no follow up beyond not expecting her to pay her share of things. There's also how messy the place was when Leida showed up. It's not like it was a surprise so why didn't he pick up beforehand since that was way more mess than if it was just a case of Tasha being lazy and there's no way that entire mess was just Tasha. And then there's his bending to whoever he's talking with. He's telling Tasha and his first family one thing and Leida another which blows up when Leida shows what he's been telling her on the phone and he's called out on it. You can hear it in his voice he's uncomfortable getting called out on his waffling.

So while Leida's a total spoiled princess brat, and Tasha's still mentally a teenager, Eric's the rear end for not just taking a stance and sticking with it. Why hasn't he told Leida that if she's so miserable to just leave, or why didn't he step up and help Tasha find a place of her own or find a better place for all of them before Leida showed up? Like I said earlier, I can't fault Leida for wanting a clean and safe place for her kid, and what we're seeing is a hell of an editing job by the producers, but all of them except Alessandro are a trainwreck on legs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

one thing i wondered when i started watching this show is why when the men go to the airport or wherever to meet someone with kids, they immediately swoop in and put the kid up on their back. Do the producers tell them to do that, or is that something people actually do when meeting a kid they have no idea how they will react for the first time?

When eric did that everyone seemed to be thinking "what the gently caress is he doing", including the kid.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

When I clicked on the YouTube link and it had her name and Bradenton, FL on it, I knew all I needed to know.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

OH my god I just got to that shithead kid's lecture to a girl who literally just had another human removed from her body surgically about his feeeeeelings and how he should be more important because he doesn't know that Russians separate numbers with dots rather than commas. Poor Olga's got two babies.

Let the poor girl take care of the actually-helpess infant, you ninny.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry for the silly and racist question:

But are the guys/ladies always from Africa/South America/Asia/East Europe? Are there any where the American is trying to get hitched with a "white" English speaking person from South Africa/NZ/Aus/UK/Ireland etc.?

I would imagine that these people wouldn't make as good TV, for there would be less cultural clashes, and less chances to go "Haha look at the silly foreigner and their inability to speak English and understand the ways of Walmart and PigglyWiggly." etc.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BrigadierSensible posted:

But are the guys/ladies always from Africa/South America/Asia/East Europe? Are there any where the American is trying to get hitched with a "white" English speaking person from South Africa/NZ/Aus/UK/Ireland etc.?

I would imagine that these people wouldn't make as good TV, for there would be less cultural clashes, and less chances to go "Haha look at the silly foreigner and their inability to speak English and understand the ways of Walmart and PigglyWiggly." etc.

There was someone from South Africa, I think in season one or two.

Edit: vvvvv

Groovelord Neato posted:

most of the time the humor is derived from how pathetic the americans are not their fiances.

Absolutely this. Sometimes, the foreign fiancé /fiancée is a jerk, but holy poo poo, the Americans are definitely the joke.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 5, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

most of the time the humor is derived from how pathetic the americans are not their fiances.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo, this is inane. I think I'm going to have to watch this now :(

NZ/Aus/UK/Ireland have equal or higher standards of living and higher social mobility than the US so people from there are much less excited to go through years of sexual slavery for a residence permit. Unless you are aiming to make it big in Hollywood or you are marrying someone rich, you are better off with a deadbeat in your own country

The white African population is tiny and the rest of Africa is probably out due racism

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Before the 90 Days had a guy from England and a guy from the Netherlands, but those are the only two I remember, unless you count Andrey who was Moldovan but I think he was living in Ireland when he met his fiancé

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Season 2 there was a woman from South Africa -- Amy -- that met her American in NZ for a Bible trip or something. She is black South African and the American's dad was "against biracial marriage" (aka racist).

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

There was one guy from England, but his visa got denied because he had an old habit of getting real drunk and fighting people.

There also was a guy from Israel in one, pretty dull though. Everything went fairly smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Deadite posted:

I could never remember Tasha’s name so my wife and I just called her Skrillex

https://www.vulture.com/2018/12/90-day-fianc-recap-season-6-episode-11.html

This lady called her skrillex cosplay back when it aired. Your wife is a plagiarizing jerk. But seriously this lady's recaps are spot on and funny as gently caress.