Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wentz is done. He's never going to look the same.

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm not convinced Wentz is done but a broken Carson Wentz isn't any worse than the rest of the NFC East QBs; Eli Manning, Dakota Prescott, and [FILE NOT FOUND]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
in what universe is Wentz done. what nonsense is this

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yeah, look at this piece of poo poo

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

With a 70% completion percentage, 3 - 1 TD/INT ratio and 103 rating coming off an ACL. Better just release him now and cut your losses. If he never progresses he's still the best QB in the division.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Doesn’t do his team any good if he can’t stay on the field.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
New football meta is having a starting quarterback you drive into the ground and then having a closer to handle the playoffs, obviously.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hate the Cowboys but I hope you destroy the Seahawks.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

In so much that I think Philly stands a better chance against Dallas than Seattle, I agree. I love a win win situation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope they beat the Seahawks too, but I think the only real advantage they'll have if any is playing on home field. Seattle just looks like a better version of the Cowboys. It's still totally possible for Dallas to come out on top, but as always they'll turn it into a nailbiter even if it shouldn't be.

Gonna make a shrine to clownball tonight.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Look at all these people who think Jason Garrett can win a playoff game lol

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Both the seahawks and bears games should be good and close imo

Not going in expecting anything but playing in dallas and not seattle gives me some hope

Clownball for the clownball god

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Look at all these people who think Jason Garrett can win a playoff game lol

Well he’s 1-2 in the playoffs and cowboys tend to gravitate to .500 so maybe?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The part of me that thinks gently caress the Cowboys wants them to lose to the Seahawks. But the part of me that thinks gently caress the Cowboys... but also Go Eagles wants Philly to have a go at them again and knock them out of the playoffs.

I've been an Eagles fan since I got into football, but I think I actually hate the Cowboys more than I like the Eagles.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I think I hate quiet feet more than than the eagles lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate Philadelphia more than I hate the Eagles. But in a lot of the same ways I hate a majority of the Dallas fanbase just as much. Too many old nutjobs foaming at the mouth about "STAUBACCCCCCHHHHHHHH"

:shrug:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

All diehard fan bases are insufferable but yeah older cowboys fans in particular can be pretty bad

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

The part of me that thinks gently caress the Cowboys wants them to lose to the Seahawks. But the part of me that thinks gently caress the Cowboys... but also Go Eagles wants Philly to have a go at them again and knock them out of the playoffs.

I've been an Eagles fan since I got into football, but I think I actually hate the Cowboys more than I like the Eagles.

The only way they could meet is the NFC championship game right? For that to happen, the Eagles would need to beat the Bears and then beat the Saints, and the Cowboys would need to beat the Seahawks and then beat the Rams.

Seems rather unlikely, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Speaking of strange things:

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/1081238433572499463

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cowboys 4ever

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

Cowboys 4ever

Sorry about the Rockets game last night.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ELO Musk posted:

I wonder if the Eagles will move forward with the same personnel for 2019. Howie made a trade for a phenomenal WR (Golden Tate) at a pivotal time of the season and our offensive staff proceeded to not plan him into the offense for a month. Why didn't they run whatever they had cooked up when Wallace was still around? Why didn't they run him on simple posts and let him make yards happen when the passing offense was struggling? Why does Wentz look at times better than the season before and other times like he's regressed? If they knew he was hurt and didn't act on it, why not just put your highly paid and successful backup in and risk losing Wentz' love of the team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEw-4XREek

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eagles/Cowboys NFCCG. book it. print the programs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

One of the best scenes from one of the best shows.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I can't tell if this is depressing or hilarious.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It’s both

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I think I hate quiet feet more than than the eagles lol

Fair.

NotWearingPants posted:

The only way they could meet is the NFC championship game right? For that to happen, the Eagles would need to beat the Bears and then beat the Saints, and the Cowboys would need to beat the Seahawks and then beat the Rams.

Seems rather unlikely, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Speaking of strange things:

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/1081238433572499463

If the Eagles stomp the Cowboys to get into the Superbowl it would be the best thing in the world and the NFL could end. Bonus points if they beat the Pats again with Foles.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Quiet Feet posted:

If the Eagles stomp the Cowboys to get into the Superbowl it would be the best thing in the world and the NFL could end. Bonus points if they beat the Pats again with Foles.

I think this would literally destroy Philadelphia from the toxic overdose of smugness that would ensue.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fordan posted:

I think this would literally destroy Philadelphia from the toxic overdose of smugness that would ensue.

No, it would literally destroy Philadelphia from the loving fires that would spring up in every section of the city and its surrounding suburbs.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Sorry its time for the cowboys to defeat the patriots in the superbowl for the clownball title.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

Sorry its time for the cowboys to defeat the patriots in the superbowl for the clownball title.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Will texas native nick foles carry the eagles to victory once again?

We will see

For what it’s worth I support a cowboys eagles nfc championship game, would be a lot of fun

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fordan posted:

Boston persists despite the Patriots so I'm willing to take that risk.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The best part of a hypothetical NFCE Championship game wouldn't be that both teams overcame severe underdog statuses, nor would it be the intense and sloppy clownball, the best part would be subjecting the GDT to one last NFCE primetime game before the year ends. They always get so pissy about them.

Maybe they should have better TV markets?!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

The best part of a hypothetical NFCE Championship game wouldn't be that both teams overcame severe underdog statuses, nor would it be the intense and sloppy clownball, the best part would be subjecting the GDT to one last NFCE primetime game before the year ends. They always get so pissy about them.

Oh no, the cities with the most fans get the most tv time. How weird :rolleyes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/michaelpRTD/status/1081271540493287430

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That can't be true

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

It's not. Sean Taylor was a first-team in 2007, and Trent Williams in 2016 and 2017. And at least one 2nd team All-Pro almost every year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

That can't be true

https://twitter.com/michaelpRTD/status/1081279318570033155

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

I hadn't even thought of that. Hell, that would be amazing.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that's.....impressive

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mein Gott...

Here we are: gameday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

ELO Musk posted:

Oh no, the cities with the most fans get the most tv time. How weird :rolleyes:

It’s rather cruel to subject the rest of the country to constant NFCE games