Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

reminder that media is extreme right wing when it comes to reporting any kind of political native american thing

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1081189135166115840

thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
imo impeach the mother fucker.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

wiggle it like a sausage

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

JHVH-1 posted:

Anyone else excited to see how hosed up their taxes are this year?

Yeah, I started getting 20 more per check and contacted HR, who replied:

quote:

You can thank President Trump - He lowered the tax rates for the middle class.
You will have a bigger paycheck with the new tax cuts.

What I'm banking on is that they just hosed with my withholding and now I am going to get no return/a tax bill.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

JHVH-1 posted:

Anyone else excited to see how hosed up their taxes are this year?

already got one dude from home depot bitching that he did his taxes based on his last cheque and can't figure out how he ended up owing 300 dollars, is waiting on w-2, thinks there must be some mistake

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

have dems ever considered just shutting their loving mouvs

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

NofrikinfuN posted:

Yeah, I started getting 20 more per check and contacted HR, who replied:

What I'm banking on is that they just hosed with my withholding and now I am going to get no return/a tax bill.

lol look at this six figgie chud

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they def hosed up your withholding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can thank President trump

:smug:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/WhoresofYore/status/1079446514659938305

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

how's the irs even going to do anything if govt shuts down through apr

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/with-fuel-at-2-25-per-gallon-fox-friends-devotes-segment-encouraging-viewers-to-buy-a-gas-guzzler/

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

kaleedity posted:

reminder that media is extreme right wing when it comes to reporting any kind of political native american thing

thread

Although, most of the dudes I know from the res (montana cree and puyallup/salish people from pac northwest) are saying they hate that she did this stupid DNA thing because DNA tests are stupid and contribute to blood quantum bullshit that they mostly hate.

Their idea is to be native, you live on the res, that's what it comes down to.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

looking forward to 1500 lovely think pieces on motherfuckergate

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mods please change my name to Sexualwissenschaft

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

pathetic little tramp posted:

already got one dude from home depot bitching that he did his taxes based on his last cheque and can't figure out how he ended up owing 300 dollars, is waiting on w-2, thinks there must be some mistake

It of course doesn't help that the only 1040s anyone can find are marked in big letters DRAFT ONLY DO NOT USE TO FILE, lololol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

And this is why you should kick them in the nuts after you punch them

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also my company just decided to start putting like $100 from every check into a 401k for me recently

if i wasn't trying to put away 100k over the next year i would increase the poo poo out of it

i did split my auto deposit between two accounts so I only spend from one while the other gets converted into a moneybin

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

its a good thing jesus was friends with those dinos

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

is jesus favorite dino in heaven with him? so then the devil has his fav in hell, whats the devi's favorite dino ya think

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

God’s dumbest looking child.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I used the bathroom and the seat was a tad wet and I'm pretty sure that was straight bleach that the idiot janitor didn't wipe off because now my rear end has a corresponding burn line

do I have a workmans comp claim for toilet rear end burning

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I don’t care about defending or blasting Warren she’s not up to the job the end.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
there's a special place in hell for brontosaurus deniers

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So, doesn't the US default on its debt after being shtudown long enough? When's that default? That's my desired outcome.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MadJackal posted:

God’s dumbest looking child.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CODChimera posted:

yeah I loving hate grassley so much

Hopefully the house will manage to get a bill through requiring grassleys pants to be made of more flammable materials so next time they finish the job

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

I used the bathroom and the seat was a tad wet and I'm pretty sure that was straight bleach that the idiot janitor didn't wipe off because now my rear end has a corresponding burn line

do I have a workmans comp claim for toilet rear end burning

if you're not stealing from your boss you're stealing from your family

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I got a one dollar check for my tax return last year. I have a feeling I will be owing money this year.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!
God Bless You President Trump and thank you for all you are doing to save America from the insanity of the Dems who live each day thinking up new ways to destroy our country. We the People are with you every step of the way. BUILD THAT WALL 🇺🇸❤️

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zyla posted:

imagine how bad you have to be to get reported by your own unit in the us military lmao

that was my first thought as well

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I got a one dollar check for my tax return last year. I have a feeling I will be owing money this year.

i get to owe just a shade under $1k by my estimations

being single with no possessions and a mostly ok job freakin rocks

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

pathetic little tramp posted:

Although, most of the dudes I know from the res (montana cree and puyallup/salish people from pac northwest) are saying they hate that she did this stupid DNA thing because DNA tests are stupid and contribute to blood quantum bullshit that they mostly hate.

Their idea is to be native, you live on the res, that's what it comes down to.

you should write a lovely news article about it

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

there's a special place in hell for brontosaurus deniers

lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SpyTalker/status/1081213903101722629

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

thread

this is a good thread

however

my biggest concern with the warren dna test thing is that dna testing and genome sequencing is now basically free given how cheap it is, and a politician normalizing the idea that we should be bringing back blood percentages and phenotype data as some sort of proof of cultural identity rather than natives being citizens of nations has the potential to backfire *Spectacularly*

like - we're maybe one step away from "people who want to claim native benefits must submit their blood to the government for proof" and that sucks major rear end

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
A tax return and a tax refund are wildly different thingns.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol did anyone have "maybe the chud marine being held in russia is actually a spy"

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1081190116490731520?s=19