Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Philthy posted:

Cheating or not, you are going to have piles of bullshit deaths.

If you can laugh them off, then install.

I almost had a bullshit death here. I don't know how I got away, but I did (stole the dune buggy and ran. I died shortly later though.)

(And yes I am a console player AND play in first person)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8IZjQscznY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I've reported people for hacking, what, 4 times? over 300 hours played. And the last one was a few months ago.

Last year before region locking there were a noticeable number of hackers - speed hacks, wall hacks, aimbots, etc. I can't remember the last time I saw a blatant hacker, though there have been a handful of times I wouldn't be surprised if someone was using ESP over the last few months. Those incidents could just as easily have been people noticing me out of the corner of their eye or something as well though, so who knows.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Even with region locking about half the players on NA third person are still Chinese

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

CornHolio posted:

I almost had a bullshit death here. I don't know how I got away, but I did (stole the dune buggy and ran. I died shortly later though.)

(And yes I am a console player AND play in first person)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8IZjQscznY

if this clip would have ended with you two-tapping him in the face with that shotgun it would have been summary video of why pubg is great

speaking of does anyone have that video from way back when where the dude was the last alive in his squad and flipped a car in the final circle? i've searched around a bit and can't find it

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Here's something that's real bizarre to me, it's happened more than once, and I imagine ya'll have run into it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwGXaMaUaQ

So the actual anomaly doesn't occur until like 15-18 seconds in, where I definitely got hit client-side. Sound of the shot pull, impact, blood and everything, but ZERO damage.

So what happens here? Does the client anticipate a hit? It can't be possible that way though, because the server has to tell the client this player pulled the shot. So why does it invalidate his shot on my side?

It's the most bizarre fuckin thing I think I've seen in netcode.

e: I could have trimmed the video to save everyone 10 seconds but I am very lazy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
That's the anti-trading mechanic. If you shoot someone in the head, and they shoot you in the head at the same time, only one of you is going down, depending on who has the....lower ping? You see it more often in shotgun wars early, where you get them and then a bit later you just see a ton of blood and your character goes OOF but you take no damage.

Yeah it's bizarre.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hellsau posted:

That's the anti-trading mechanic. If you shoot someone in the head, and they shoot you in the head at the same time, only one of you is going down, depending on who has the....lower ping? You see it more often in shotgun wars early, where you get them and then a bit later you just see a ton of blood and your character goes OOF but you take no damage.

Yeah it's bizarre.

They've straight up said that it's a conscious decision to trade realism for gameplay enjoyment. If you "win" a shootout, you should get to reap the rewards (ie continue playing the round).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Mash posted:

They've straight up said that it's a conscious decision to trade realism for gameplay enjoyment. If you "win" a shootout, you should get to reap the rewards (ie continue playing the round).

I think that's silly in duos or squads, but yeah it'd be a bummer in solos to trade. There's a lot of other decisions they could make that would trade realism for gameplay that they've gone on the realism side, so I dunno what about this particular thing made them go with gameplay.

lol that the red zone is still in the game

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
IMO allowing two snipers to kill each other would only add to the playing value of this game. It might feel like a bullshit death, but it would be perfectly consistent with how the game works in general.

I can imagine that they found some crippling bug related to netcode, which made implement this mechanic. I could see this resulting from having client-side hit detection. Like, if two players are left, and they shoot each other, one client may not agree with the other on whose bullet hit first. How would the server decide a winner? Worst case, you'd have a situation where one player sees himself kill the other player, then have that decision reverted by the server and lose. Of course, like every other problem in PUBG, the solution would be server-side hit detection, but it seems like that is a non-starter for 100 player matches? Or maybe it's because it would disadvantage high ping players too much.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I never complain about cheaters but I ran into a cheater last night in NA FPP :( Snapped and locked to my noggin in a 1v1. I saw him first too and would have killed him if he didn't have aimbot. Oh well.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Wh7-S0-Ser1Ous

Hopefully I have a notification of his ban when I log on tonight.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol these usernames

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I never complain about cheaters but I ran into a cheater last night in NA FPP :( Snapped and locked to my noggin in a 1v1. I saw him first too and would have killed him if he didn't have aimbot. Oh well.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Wh7-S0-Ser1Ous

Hopefully I have a notification of his ban when I log on tonight.

Sorry bud, I've confirmed this guy is most def not a cheater. He is playing in first person. There are no cheaters in first person.

14 K/D is pretty good, not like its miles better than even the top pros or streamers.

Also, so what he just bought the game last week, he learned the game fast.

In summary, there are no cheats in pubg.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

zapplez posted:

Sorry bud, I've confirmed this guy is most def not a cheater. He is playing in first person. There are no cheaters in first person.

14 K/D is pretty good, not like its miles better than even the top pros or streamers.

Also, so what he just bought the game last week, he learned the game fast.

In summary, there are no cheats in pubg.

I would say it's the 4th cheater I have ran into in NA FPP in thousands and thousands of games. Cool by me.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I would say it's the 4th cheater I have ran into in NA FPP in thousands and thousands of games. Cool by me.

You are so lucky you prefer FPP. I've gotten probably a dozen confirmed cheater reports back in the past year.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lol, sure. Everyone that plays God's one true mode, FPP, just has more honor and would never cheat, and cheat devs just can't figure out how to make aimbots work in FPP.

Or maybe you just can't see the cheater's tell as obviously in FPP, it's one of the two.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

lol, sure. Everyone that plays God's one true mode, FPP, just has more honor and would never cheat, and cheat devs just can't figure out how to make aimbots work in FPP.

Or maybe you just can't see the cheater's tell as obviously in FPP, it's one of the two.

Yeah, it's the former

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yea you were right the first time, about god's one true mode

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I've played like 4000 matches of this stupid game, most of them with Ether Frenzy, at pretty close to a 50/50 split between FPP and TPP.

We've been killed by blatant hackers (headshot you from 1000m away with a pistol-type hackers) like 200 times in TPP and 5 times in FPP, but he still likes to make this argument for some reason.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

the only time i ever experienced hacking i KNEW was hacking is when i got in a teammates car and we just started driving through buildings and stuff. it was fun

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the only time i ever experienced hacking i KNEW was hacking is when i got in a teammates car and we just started driving through buildings and stuff. it was fun
That actually could just happen, especially in older versions if loading off a hard drive. It wasn't uncommon for people to just not have the building models load for them, and because this game trusts the client far too much they could see through, walk through, and drive through buildings. Other players who could see the buildings could get in your vehicles and go right through, and you could roadkill anyone in the way.

There was a few month period where it would happen to me maybe one in every 20 or 30 rounds. Usually the buildings would load in after a few minutes, but sometimes they didn't. Downside was that bridges also didn't load, so i could drive through houses but I had to switch seats with someone else if we needed to cross a bridge.

It could also happen when spectating your teammates after death if you switched to someone who was in an area your machine hadn't loaded.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Or he could have been teammates with weed_wizard who literally flew cars around through buildings stream sniping shroud all day at the games height of popularity.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i appreciate the story but it was definitely the latter. the dude knew what he was doing. we ended up dying pretty quickly anyways

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Or he could have been teammates with weed_wizard who literally flew cars around through buildings stream sniping shroud all day at the games height of popularity.

Dude showed back up to ruin games when Shroud came back to play on Vikendi. I honestly have no idea why they haven't patched whatever exploit allows flying cars to exist, or I would like the ability to have flying car cheats in single player games.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

I honestly have no idea why they haven't patched

these are words that you typed itt

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dangerllama posted:

these are words that you typed itt

I mean far be it from me to take an opportunity to say just how incompetent Bluehole are but surely it makes economic sense for them to patch serverside to just autoban drivers when their vehicles act like that. Those Shroud clips of him getting mowed down by the flying cars, or having all the enemies around him get mowed down by flying cars, or getting himself banned by getting into the flying car - all of those clips are really bad press for PUBG, and it seems like it would make them more money from potential players who get chased away from the ridiculous cheating clips and bad reputation for cheats that PUBG has if they would just fix the really egregious poo poo.

Or maybe they just make too much money off of.....I guess you'd call them 'hacking whales'? People who buy an account, cheat cheat cheat, get banned after a few days and then buy another account to repeat.

Also I would love if "flying cars" were a cheat you could do in single player games like Farcry or something, just as a way to quickly get around the map. Like, I loved making a ludicrous Jump spell in Morrowind and just clearing 2/3 of the map in thirty seconds. It'd be cool if this absurd cheat from a multiplayer game was something you could do in other games where you're not ruining the experience of 80+ other people.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

IMO allowing two snipers to kill each other would only add to the playing value of this game. It might feel like a bullshit death, but it would be perfectly consistent with how the game works in general.

The way I think about it is that I would rather lose a trade I would have tied than tie a trade I would have won

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
If you really want draws you can always pull the pin on grenades and run at people wildly

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyCarelessDonkeyNerfBlueBlaster

Hacks or bug? You decide!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
480m kill with an M16 and 3x, lmao
https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongWonderfulWebMcaT

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Am I the only one getting pretty lovely FPS on Vikendi?

Edit: Man, I cannot get a Miramar game. 9 people in the matchmaking pool (yeah that's good to know, thanks Bluehole), and it shrinks...

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 7, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Am I the only one getting pretty lovely FPS on Vikendi?

Edit: Man, I cannot get a Miramar game. 9 people in the matchmaking pool (yeah that's good to know, thanks Bluehole), and it shrinks...

Vikendi is extremely poorly optimized and runs the worst of all maps by a significant margin.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea Vikendi blows for optimization. It looks great though. Kinda sucks to fight in, especially anything hot.

I'm sure week 4 will have a bunch of stupid Miramar specific missions so get ready to be able to queue for the desert all week!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I assume this has already been posted countless times in this thread, but https://beta.pubg.report/ is sooooo cool. Search for your username and it finds all the streamers that either killed you or you killed them, and links to the vod so you can watch it. Twitch needs to make this an official thing with every game.

TwainEethry
Aug 21, 2007

TwainEethry fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 22, 2020

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Great. Now I'm going to spend all day clipping the reactions of all the bad streamers I've killed. Thanks jerk.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

TwainEethry posted:

ayyy saw the SA referral in google analytics and had to chime in to say the site is goon made :)

Such a cool idea. Well done dude!!

I was gonna report a bug but I think you fixed it. My buddy was having trouble searching for his name "tuomas". Before it was showing some partial matches but the exact match was ranked too low so it didn't appear in the results.

fletcher fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2019

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Boo, it doesn't go back far enough to my Aculite slaying
https://www.twitch.tv/etherfrenzy/clip/QuaintThankfulSwanPeoplesChamp

Extremely cool site though.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
That site is really impressive dude

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006