Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Check the Necromunda bases.

All I can find are 32mm ones :(

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

They do those bases in 25mm too. There's Sector Mechanicus industrial ones too.

I'm illiterate and I meant Sector Mechanicus but now that I look at the Sector Imperials ones they're sufficiently industrial for my tastes plus the added bonus of random skulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Odd, I literally just picked up some of the 25mm necromunda bases about a month ago. Now I'm getting a 404 on the page where they used to be.

Edit: looks like you can still find them on ebay, if that helps.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When I have these inceptors painted they are going to have the opposite of new painted model syndrome.

"And the jumpy dudes are charging the bloodletter."

"... Seriously?"

"They know what they did."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Digital Jesus posted:

Badger are doing their birthday sale thing again. You gotta do a couple of things via their Facebook post but seems well worth it - $55 USD for any airbrush, and apparently they've worked out a deal with USPS to get reasonable international shipping if that matters to you. I think I'm gonna pick up a Sotar for fine detail to go with my Patriot 105.

Would you lovely goons provide a tldr/introduction post on which airbrush to get and why?

I have never airbrushed but y’all make it sound super awesome and I want to learn. I still want to save money but if this is a ridiculously good once a year sale then I can pounce now.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Groetgaffel posted:

Better your monthly consumption of Baharroth Blue before the end of the month richyp!

Thanks for the head's up. I'm down to my last 9 pots.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Would you lovely goons provide a tldr/introduction post on which airbrush to get and why?

I have never airbrushed but y’all make it sound super awesome and I want to learn. I still want to save money but if this is a ridiculously good once a year sale then I can pounce now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692#post442594539

That post has a ton of info.

Specifically about the badger sale, I'd say don't get a Sotar or other detail brush as your only airbrush.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I recommend learning with the cheapest Master brand airbrush you can find on Amazon. Even as an intermediate air brusher, I use them for most of the heavy lifting.

Most of the learning curve is troubleshooting and keeping it spraying. If you strip a nozzle thread or clog the poo poo out of it, you won't feel bad about your $14 brush.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Digital Jesus posted:

Badger are doing their birthday sale thing again. You gotta do a couple of things via their Facebook post but seems well worth it - $55 USD for any airbrush, and apparently they've worked out a deal with USPS to get reasonable international shipping if that matters to you. I think I'm gonna pick up a Sotar for fine detail to go with my Patriot 105.

Anyone done this deal in the past? Was thinking of getting a Renegade Krome. I followed the instructions for this deal and got an email on what to do.

It says the 55 dollars is for the airbrush only and I was wondering if they mean literally the airbrush only.

I'm not expecting it to come with hose connections and such but will I need to get a needle/nozzle kit add-on for it as well? If so I'm not saving a whole lot versus amazon where its bundles with that stuff.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Secret Weapon does cool theme/scenic bases too.

EDIT: maybe Iron Deck theme?

Full list here: http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30

Strobe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 4, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Anyone done this deal in the past? Was thinking of getting a Renegade Krome. I followed the instructions for this deal and got an email on what to do.

It says the 55 dollars is for the airbrush only and I was wondering if they mean literally the airbrush only.

I'm not expecting it to come with hose connections and such but will I need to get a needle/nozzle kit add-on for it as well? If so I'm not saving a whole lot versus amazon where its bundles with that stuff.

It's the airbrush, fittings, and a needle. I got a 105 and it's a great sale.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's the airbrush, fittings, and a needle. I got a 105 and it's a great sale.

Thanks! Pulling the trigger then

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The missus sent me a link to Daemonettes just now saying that she really digs them. Not sure how to take this. I mean if it was Tau, I would at least know that I could file for a slam dunk of an at-fault divorce.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

PantsOptional posted:

The missus sent me a link to Daemonettes just now saying that she really digs them. Not sure how to take this. I mean if it was Tau, I would at least know that I could file for a slam dunk of an at-fault divorce.

She wants to tie you up.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Inspector_666 posted:

She wants to tie you up.

Well, poo poo, I knew that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

See how she feels about square bases.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I have three badger airbrushes:
  • Patriot 105 - Great all around brush, easy to operate, clean and maintain, will spray just about anything you put into it. Wide spray pattern and huge paint cup so it's great for basecoating, primer and larger models.
  • Renegade Krome - Detail brush, it's big and heavy, finicky and inconvenient to operate/clean (you have to remove the back to take out the needle). I changed from UltraFine to Fine needle so I can use it to spray metalics, but I don't use it for anything else.
  • Sotar 202 - Detail brush, small and easy to maneuver, tiny paint cup, a little picky about what it will spray. Tiny paint cup and tiny spray pattern would be a nightmare for basecoating, and I wouldn't dare put primer through it.

For first time airbrushers I'd get a 105, either normal or :krad: XTREME :krad:
if you've already got a 105 and looking for a detail brush, I'd get the Sotar. Unless you have enormous manhands then get the Krome.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Base talk:

Anyone know if Champ Industries is still in business? They don't seem to have updated their website in a while, but their bases are very nice:

http://champindustries.net/orders_b.html

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

For fine detail get a Sotar 20/20.

For general all-around work get a Badger 150.

Hey, you asked for tldr.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

PantsOptional posted:

How does she feel about wearing a purple version of these?

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Bucnasti posted:

• Patriot 105 - Great all around brush, easy to operate, clean and maintain, will spray just about anything you put into it. Wide spray pattern and huge paint cup so it's great for basecoating, primer and larger models.
  • Renegade Krome - Detail brush, it's big and heavy, finicky and inconvenient to operate/clean (you have to remove the back to take out the needle). I changed from UltraFine to Fine needle so I can use it to spray metalics, but I don't use it for anything else.
  • Sotar 202 - Detail brush, small and easy to maneuver, tiny paint cup, a little picky about what it will spray. Tiny paint cup and tiny spray pattern would be a nightmare for basecoating, and I wouldn't dare put primer through it.

if you've already got a 105 and looking for a detail brush, I'd get the Sotar. Unless you have enormous manhands then get the Krome.

Well poo poo, I got tiny hands and just got the Renegade Krome. oh well

BrownieMinusEye fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 4, 2019

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Posting my first model of 2019

Lord Nakhtmin, Fan-bearer on the Right Side of the King, Overseer of the Lost Sons, Praetor of the Thousand Sons Legion

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIharNNDIWs

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Well poo poo, I got tiny hands and just got the Renegade Krome. oh well

Use the fine needle and you're fine to prime with Krome. Make sure to flush it afterwards. An ultrasonic cleaner helps too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bucnasti posted:

I have enormous manhands and can confirm the Krome is great.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Two Beans posted:

Posting my first model of 2019

Lord Nakhtmin, Fan-bearer on the Right Side of the King, Overseer of the Lost Sons, Praetor of the Thousand Sons Legion

These dudes are so rad. Love the icon.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Failson posted:

Base talk:

Anyone know if Champ Industries is still in business? They don't seem to have updated their website in a while, but their bases are very nice:

http://champindustries.net/orders_b.html

If those are the same as they used to be, they’re the 25mm bases. You might want to just email the guy and see if he’s still around.

Otherwise you might wind up double dipping on bases and 32mm adapter rings.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Digital Jesus posted:

Well gently caress, I don’t use Facebook.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

Well gently caress, I don’t use Facebook.

Fiiiine. You don't actually need to do anything through Facebook.

quote:

sends an email, with HAPPY 55TH BIRTHDAY in the subject box, to badgerairbrushco@aol.com

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

darnon posted:

Fiiiine. You don't actually need to do anything through Facebook.

You can actually just go on the badger website, click special offers, and order directly with a PayPal cart there. I don't know why they aren't mentioning it anywhere.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah I figured that out too, but I think they aren't advertising it because they're trying to prompt people via email to order in waves in an attempt to avoid overloading the site.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Lol the try hard tough guy schtick is so cringy on that badger page.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Maybe I should buy a loving Patriot just for priming.

EDIT: Nah. $55 USD for a Patriot 105 is honestly not that great a deal for me as a Canadian.

Anyone wondering whether they want a SOTAR 20/20, though, ought to loving jump on this; that is a goddamn steal that I’d be ecstatic about if I didn’t already have one.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 5, 2019

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Picked me up a Sotar 20/20- already have a Renegade Krome and love it.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I grabbed a Sotar 20/20 too. I think it came to $127 AUD shipped which is pretty drat good.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
Finished up my first 2 Knight models. Small guys to try out the colour scheme before I move onto Something bigger.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

I am a total sucker for hazard stripes, those look great man!

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cross-post and belated sharing of minis!

Irate Tree posted:

The weather finally relented enough for me to finish this squad of Pathfinders i've been working on for about a month!

As a part of my resolution this year, I'm not going to move onto anything else until i've emptied a box of its contents, slapped it together and painted it. Five down, five more (plus drones) to go!

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, also...

New GSC stuff!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

I think I saw ~3 new models (that weren't already revealed) and they all look like HQ's / special characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Check out the fat techpriest hoh mah gawd