Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

I have never regretted my choice of spirit animal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
at what point do senate Rs get so desperate they get a clean veto proof cr

I mean lol gop but seriously, at a certain point you have to realize you need this thing to go away

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

brugroffil posted:

lmao

:rip: my dad's income

Buy dad an account

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ShriekingMarxist posted:

PELOSI: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lmao

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

This Laurel & Hardy reboot sucks.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
I'm telling you backpay for govt employees is gonna be a 2020 issue

At least everyone but the coast guard and maybe TSA

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

who has that comic book panel of a dude who is like a huge mountain of muscle, jkust ridiculous, laying in a bed

that's gonna be how Garrison is drawing trumpp by 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/glassman_keith/status/1081254211982000128?s=19

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
:lol: ATC doesn't make it months or years without pay. I'm sure the eventual shutdown of the majority of air traffic will go over well.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So if the government is shut down until April does that mean federal employees will have gone 4 months without a paycheque and there's no way anyone can get a tax refund?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
whoa the 116th already introduced a constitutional amendment to overturn citizens united?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Love how our mush brained prez tries to pin this on the dems but makes it more his own every time he opens his dumb mouth lmao

What is even his strategy? Wait for schumer to crack? I mean, yeah sure schumer sucks but the house is solidly dem and is already passing bills without the wall. He's gonna look like such a cuck when he finally caves. Or maybe he keeps the govt shut down until 2020 and brags about it? Thatd rule. Either way this is gonna be hilarious.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

So if the government is shut down until April does that mean federal employees will have gone 4 months without a paycheque and there's no way anyone can get a tax refund?

yes

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

im sure reporting this guy clearly signalling he wants to assassinate an elected official will get him both banned from twitter and locked up by the fbi

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beto sex cramp posted:

whoa the 116th already introduced a constitutional amendment to overturn citizens united?

a lot of people will say that it's just symbolic stuff that will never pass and it only serves to get their base enthusiastic, but I say, "okay great that rules"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Love how our mush brained prez tries to pin this on the dems but makes it more his own every time he opens his dumb mouth lmao

What is even his strategy? Wait for schumer to crack? I mean, yeah sure schumer sucks but the house is solidly dem and is already passing bills without the wall. He's gonna look like such a cuck when he finally caves. Or maybe he keeps the govt shut down until 2020 and brags about it? Thatd rule. Either way this is gonna be hilarious.

he has no strategy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

white sauce posted:

Trump is right that the media is the enemy of the people

i think it's just that a lot of media companies employ people who maybe suck at their jobs and possibly at thinking

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

*chasing after Tlaib and crying* JUST ONE BODY SLAM, PLEASE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a Dem House is gonna be putting SOMETHING forward most of the time, if it can be lots of voting reform and progressive stuff that's great because it means it's not austerity measures and means testing private school vouchers

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

a lot of people will say that it's just symbolic stuff that will never pass and it only serves to get their base enthusiastic, but I say, "okay great that rules"

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

President is really dumbm lol

ty manifisto

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

also everify is down so illegals will steal every job in the country

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Trump would absolutely keep poo poo shut down and then skip town in 2020

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

he's going to call up isis and get them to do a terrorism and blame the shutdown on it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol did she get back together with bill maher

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

soooooo, is the irs open right now?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

garbage pundit posted:

I have never regretted my choice of spirit animal

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

more of the new dems should say mean things about president shitbrains and call out the dumbass media for their pearl clutching bullshit over insulting a guy that would have them all executed if he could.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

seems like a good thing for Trump to emphatically own and tie every congressional Republican to

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

[don pardo voice] rashida talib

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

the first dem that says, "Hey I noticed your paper ran 80 articles sourced from Drudge attacking me for made up stuff and didn't run any fact checks or commentary on it, how about you gently caress off and die" will cause a lot of newsroom meltdowns

god I wish

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

hes horny af

for the piss tape

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

god i hope trump keeps government shut down for years. let's collapse this motherfucking dead empire already

Trump continues to be the GOP's monkey paw, granting their wildest wishes of starving the government at the cost of all their jobs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

soooooo, is the irs open right now?

I'm sure there are some essential employees, but otherwise no.

Returns aren't being processed and audits aren't being conducted. Routine auditors are considered non-essential are are laid off without pay right now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/glassman_keith/status/795391409679278080?s=19

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1081223986095091713

* it's actually still lower than the previous rate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump only respects anybody who viciously attacks and insults him, it's not only factually correct to call the man an empty headed pisshog, it's also smart politics

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

at what point do senate Rs get so desperate they get a clean veto proof cr

I mean lol gop but seriously, at a certain point you have to realize you need this thing to go away

lol if they pass a cr and override a veto trump is going to melt the gently caress down and i can't wait