Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

bushisms.txt posted:

The greatest and best gaming YouTube channel just put out their first content

https://youtu.be/lxvjEpyJhd8

I want to give him a cupcake

I'm proud of this snype gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

serious question: do ya'll think professional streamers are less equipped to handle social issues just by way of their job/the types of people who do it for a living or is there no connection to be made between abuse and games

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fortnite-star-allegedly-hit-pregnant-girlfriend-during-stream-why-hasnt-twitch-banned-him

I don't think they're less equipped to handle social issues, I just think that most people in general seem to be ill equipped to handle them and so this sort of random lottery that draws people and suddenly makes them a major name in streaming, well, it's just a lot of poor luck that keeps resulting in drawing of people with bad opinions or bad actions rather than people who would be capable of talking about social issues in a healthy way or, at the very least, wouldn't be contributing to the conversation in a negative way by being a trash human being.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently the Project Cars devs are making their own console :pwn:

Ah yes, I'm sure this magic box will deliver on the promises of the developer, unlike the dozen others abject failures of "totally gonna blow you away guys" magic boxes of the last 15 years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Whyyyyyyyyy?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think they're less equipped to handle social issues, I just think that most people in general seem to be ill equipped to handle them and so this sort of random lottery that draws people and suddenly makes them a major name in streaming, well, it's just a lot of poor luck that keeps resulting in drawing of people with bad opinions or bad actions rather than people who would be capable of talking about social issues in a healthy way or, at the very least, wouldn't be contributing to the conversation in a negative way by being a trash human being.

At some point their trash behaviour is so consistent that there has to be some throughline

My best guess is that when their core audience consists of children who haven't learned empathy yet then their behaviour is probably going to follow suit

Help Im Alive posted:

Project Carn't Fulfil This Promise

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everything must have tits and everything must gently caress. Every single thing.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

exquisite tea posted:

Everything must have tits and everything must gently caress. Every single thing.

Mammal Lyfe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Randallteal posted:

Mammal Lyfe

XCOM laughs at your narrow mindset

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Welcome to "The Joy of 3D Modeling" today we're gonna slap a pair of huge jiggly tits on Sepiroth

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

XCOM laughs at your narrow mindset

I Want To gently caress The Robots

Dr Cheeto posted:

Welcome to "The Joy of 3D Modeling" today we're gonna slap a pair of huge jiggly tits on Sepiroth

One Tittied Angel

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It took Nintendo like 4 years to put launch window Wii games on sale

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm just glad that after 33 years living in the wilderness that my identity, someone who likes huge jiggly tits, has finally been validated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Didnt project cars launch somewhat unfinished and not all great?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i mean they never even gave the game a proper name, the heck

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Didnt project cars launch somewhat unfinished and not all great?

I liked it! Had good DLC, and as a early backer I was given a cut of the profits after launch for up to 2 years. That is how all crowdfunded games should be.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Do any indie games rip off Mario? I feel like there's a lot more games that go much more for Mega Man or Castlevania or Ghost and Ghouls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Do any indie games rip off Mario? I feel like there's a lot more games that go much more for Mega Man or Castlevania or Ghost and Ghouls.

There are 8 trillion mario romhacks and an official game dedicated to making and sharing your terrible levels so yes and no

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i think there was one called... poi?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
how do you distinguish between a Mario clone and a platformer?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Don't forget soljaboi's favorite Mario inspired indie game

https://youtu.be/xSXofLK5hFQ

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

how do you distinguish between a Mario clone and a platformer?

same way you distinguish between a doom clone and a first person shooter: carefully

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/cgeawy.webm

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Malwarebytes keeps blocking this site, what is it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

jeff: "if i wanted to play dusk i'd just play quake"
jason: "i don't like shovel knight because it has pixels"

if it wasn't for ben, GB west would be miserable

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Forced myself to finish the last Dishonored DLC. The last level was a real drag, and to be honest I think the void vision (think Batman Arkham's deyective mode) really spoils a lot of the gameplay. There's no practical reason not to be using it all the time and the game would be way better without it.

Overall I still think it's a great game, but falls just short of being up there with Thief 2 in the level design stakes.

Onto Yakuza 0 now! Played the first hour or two back on release but got stopped to wait for bug fixes and never got round to continuing. Hopefully it's all fixed up now :ohdear:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Japan doesn't patch PC games.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They do and Yakuza got several

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

jeff: "if i wanted to play dusk i'd just play quake"
jason: "i don't like shovel knight because it has pixels"

if it wasn't for ben, GB west would be miserable

I remember liking the bombcast back when ryan was alive, but everything I hear about it these days sounds miserable lol

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
maybe it's just neir then

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Motto posted:

I remember liking the bombcast back when ryan was alive, but everything I hear about it these days sounds miserable lol

they've been unusually joyless for the past year like they all burnt out at the same time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

good: ben, abby, alex, vinny, jan
bad: the rest
dan: dan

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They shipped their two Prime Funhavers, Dan and Vinnie, to GBEast, and the rainbows flourished there

I don't hate any of them but Ben keeps playing the Ironically Disinterested card which gets old fast, Jeff is Jeff and will always have very set opinions on videogames, Jan Rorie and Jason are all very excited about one niche genre in particular it seems

I mean I still love GB and their site is the only one I've ever kept an active subscription going for

Also I know they love Dave Lang but the man does not make good games I'm sorry

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 4, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ah yes, I'm sure this magic box will deliver on the promises of the developer, unlike the dozen others abject failures of "totally gonna blow you away guys" magic boxes of the last 15 years.

Forza? Xbox
GT? Playstation
Mario kart? Nintendo
Project Cars? Lmao

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I'm playing through Katamari Damacy for the first time and ran into the most amazing thing in the world that I had to draw it.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1081300751580844032

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Katamari is a little too expensive for me currently (Yes I know it's not all that expensive go away) but I'm super hype to play it when I get the funds to. Recently watched ~my fiance~ complete Donut County and now I know I gotta 'Mari

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I've been playing this Idle game on my phone that gives me bonus for watching ads and let me tell you, some of these are a trip

Mobile gaming is a wasteland

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The four games on my phone are Super Mario Run, HAL's UFO game, Florence and Neko Atsume

i used to have fire emblem heroes but I uninstalled it when I realised I didn't like it which weirdly took like 2 weeks

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’ve got final fantasy record keeper, the most(?) recent ace attorney, and spaceteam from like loving, 2011

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Secret of Mana, Adventures of Mana, Egglia, Part Time UFO, FFT, Mario Run, and FF4.

I play precisely none of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's strange to see Giant Bomb chat outside the podcast thread because I think to myself "Didn't we already have this conversation ten times last year" but then I see that it's coming from different people

Songbearer posted:

Also I know they love Dave Lang but the man does not make good games I'm sorry