Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

After seeing JW: Fallen Kingdom, it's clear to me that the through-line of the entire Jurassic Park series is, "No, actually THIS is the scariest dinosaur!"

And good job to BD Wong for inventing a dinosaur that will kill a specific person if you point a laser sight at him or her. I mean, if you already have a laser sight aimed at someone you could always just pull the trigger and shoot that person yourself, but then you wouldn't have spent $25 million on a dinosaur that would just kill everyone in the room anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Liberal Idiot posted:

After seeing JW: Fallen Kingdom, it's clear to me that the through-line of the entire Jurassic Park series is, "No, actually THIS is the scariest dinosaur!"

And good job to BD Wong for inventing a dinosaur that will kill a specific person if you point a laser sight at him or her. I mean, if you already have a laser sight aimed at someone you could always just pull the trigger and shoot that person yourself, but then you wouldn't have spent $25 million on a dinosaur that would just kill everyone in the room anyway.

Wake me up when I can tell my Echo Dot to have my raptor kill someone.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t wanna subscribe to their Patreon monthly but I kinda wanna plop down for a month to listen to their Patreon episodes, can I add the RSS feed and download the episodes I want to listen as I want right?

Yes, while your patreon payment is active, you have access to everything so download away. The RSS feed will die when you stop paying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liberal Idiot posted:

Sir, this is America. We always look for new ways to spends millions of dollars to kill something we point a laser at.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

duz posted:

On their patreon site should be an rss link, you should be able to import that into your player.

Yeah, I've done that. When I click on the episodes however they just open a link to a player where I can either listen to the ep on Patreon or download it. The download is just a file, I can't seem to open that file in my actual podcast app.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Yeah, I've done that. When I click on the episodes however they just open a link to a player where I can either listen to the ep on Patreon or download it. The download is just a file, I can't seem to open that file in my actual podcast app.

They have a faq explaining how to get it into your feed, it depends on the player. Reading things can be useful at times

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
As someone who has seen neither Jurassic World film, man, the level of vitriol on these episodes is something to behold.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is there a delay between when the premium eps go up on Patreon and when they come to the Apple Podcast app feed?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Iron Crowned posted:

They have a faq explaining how to get it into your feed, it depends on the player. Reading things can be useful at times

Yeah, it's in my feed dawg. Like it shows up but the episodes don't play in the actual player proper.

https://m.imgur.com/a/J4CgQVL

Rabbi Tupac fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 4, 2019

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

END ME SCOOB posted:

As someone who has seen neither Jurassic World film, man, the level of vitriol on these episodes is something to behold.
I haven't seen the second movie or listened to the episode yet, but the first movie was poo poo and nowhere near up to the standards set by the original Jurassic Park. From everything I've heard, the second one is *somehow* even worse, though I don't even know how that could happen.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah the last one was a dumpster fire and I didn't think it could get worse.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Liberal Idiot posted:

A dinosaur that can’t even murder a little girl

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I haven't seen the second movie or listened to the episode yet, but the first movie was poo poo and nowhere near up to the standards set by the original Jurassic Park. From everything I've heard, the second one is *somehow* even worse, though I don't even know how that could happen.

It is so so SO much worse. I was surprised by how dumb they could make a movie.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Isn't there a secret lab like Resident Evil?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I gotta say, dinosaurs stalking people around a spooky mansion is such a bizarre concept that there is some enjoyment to be gleaned. That and the gag with Ted Levine and the raptor that’s straight out of Evil Dead

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

General Dog posted:

I gotta say, dinosaurs stalking people around a spooky mansion is such a bizarre concept that there is some enjoyment to be gleaned. That and the gag with Ted Levine and the raptor that’s straight out of Evil Dead

They should just make Dino Crisis movies.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Elderbean posted:

Isn't there a secret lab like Resident Evil?

Yes indeed

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t wait for the Boston accents in 22 mile

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Big Daddy Dispatch just came out, and this month's slate is stacked. They specifically asked people not to spoil what episode 400 will be, but I'm pretty sure some posters in this thread have requested it before. :allears:

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 5, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Figrin D'an of the Modal Nodes

This will be great

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I finally upped to $8 with the announcement of the new show. Two questions:

I know ALMOST dick all about Star Trek. Will I still enjoy The Nexus? I'm guessing so.

Are the commentaries worth anything without syncing them? Has anyone tried that?

I synced up CHUD and Star Trek Nemesis, and both were delightful and worth the time. I listened to TMNT and Commando without syncing up and they were still good.

I gave up on Nightmare on Elm Street and Rambo when trying to listen without syncing up. I’m sure they’re fine when the movie is on the screen but don’t work without seeing what is going on.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Coheed and Camembert posted:

The Big Daddy Dispatch just came out, and this month's slate is stacked. They specifically asked people not to spoil what episode 400 will be, but I'm pretty sure some posters in this thread have requested it before. :allears:

They are coming into 2019 absolutely swinging for the fences and it's amazing to see. They're serious about making this a full-time thing.

Also, they mention that Listener Request Month is coming up, so get those picks ready, folks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH...MY...GOD :monocle:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I would have thought the big speculation and mystery for what the episode will be on for episode 420.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is the correct reaction

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

GoutPatrol posted:

This will be great

I'm a huge Star Wars nerd but I imagine I'll have to do a lot of googling to put names with faces.

... oh, he's the penis-head flute guy from the cantina. My man.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I actually used to have that same book, I bought it the same day I got my driver's license. Sadly, I think it got lost in one of my moves.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

JANUARY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in January for the worst of 2018:

Episode 397 — Venom

Episode 398 — Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (PATREON ONLY)

Episode 399 — Mile 22

Episode 400 — [REDACTED]

Episode 401 — Life Itself

Episode 402 — The Happytime Murders

Episode 403 — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Crimes of Grindelwald*

*dropping the first week of February to accommodate episode 400

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Spider-Man: The New Animated Series: "Law of the Jungle" (s1, e8)

The Nexus — TOS: "Errand of Mercy" (s1, e26) & TNG: "The Child" (s2, e1)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 5, 2019

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Cannot wait for the guys to beat up on Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. If only the crimes of this movie were limited to Johnny Depp, because this is the worst Harry Potter movie to date. I know the Christopher Columbus Harry Potters were a bit crap, but at least they were competent. Fantastic Beasts 2 is just a mess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"'We need to arm the teachers. Every school needs guns.' No, no. Every school needs a raptor. You know how sometimes schools have a security officer assigned there? Just have a raptor assigned!"

:allears:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I don’t think the guys have ever said much at all about Harry Potter so I’m really excited for the end of the month. It’s probably going to be like the Pokemon episodes and have middle-school me screaming “MOM GET IN HERE”

Not as excited as I am for episode 400, though. Oh. My. God. is right

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ep 400 is a movie I managed to avoid, but now I want to see it so I know what horror they're wading into

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ZakAce posted:

I know the Christopher Columbus Harry Potters were a bit crap, but at least they were competent.

I give the Christopher Columbus Harry Potters a lot of credit for establishing the style and aesthetic of Harry Potter before later movies decided that that aesthetic was like, green and blue tones. It even had a theme song that wasn't instantly forgettable, like literally all of the Marvel movies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Y’all are really making me want to look up spoilers for what episode 400 will be.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hint for E400: it's not a worst from 2018. It's just a worst.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I would love to hear an interview with the person who did that "alligator" trivia entry. I want to know what their mind is like.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I'm amazed it wasn't master of disguise.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I didn't get the January BDD for some reason, and in fact I only just now got the December one. Can someone say what 400 is in spoiler tags or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I didn't get the January BDD for some reason, and in fact I only just now got the December one. Can someone say what 400 is in spoiler tags or something?
It stars Michael Myers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The January schedule is at the bottom of December dispatch.