Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Skyarb posted:

If you cannot see how a vitriolic and lovely cult of personality is bad as a whole I can't help you.

If you think the current crop of Republicans doesn't deserve vitriol and hate you are a stupid, ignorant moron and you're never gonna be of any help to anybody.

People recognizing objective reality is good. Mealy mouthed quisling decorum bullshit is getting us all killed.

Edit: "Stop being mean to nazis who put children in death camps in the desert, or you're just as bad as them!!!" lmfao gently caress off to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

President Honor has spoken

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Can we go back to talking about Trump thinking about forcing the military to build his motherfucking wall?

At least that topic is genuinely frightening instead of just "our country is so brokenly sexist/racist" depressing.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah i know

but there's also a reality that with so few of them present compared to men, women in politics are expected to perform better right now

and it's total loving bullshit, it's institutionalized sexism, it's unfair, but it's also true

politics is POLITICS, a battle for control via bureaucracy and legitimacy, and not as easy as just you giving advice online, whoda loving thunk it

I like that she cursed personally but I think it was a dumbfuck move if you actually wanted to position yourself well coming in fresh

It just was.

It's in part up to you how much it hurts her. If you continue to pearl-clutch, it will be worse for her. If you, like the rest of us, throw up your hands and lean into it, she'll be fine. Saying "it's unfair, but I'm not going to do anything about it" doesn't absolve you of responsibility. The right wants you to feel this way. They're not out there chasing down the imaginary Undecideds with this stuff--the only people who still believe in all that are liberal journalists and their rich patrons. They're after people like you who will push to water down the "left" until it is nothing but a token resistance.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

B B posted:

can you please leave the thread? i'm supposed to be the dumbest one in here.

You're not even close, buddy

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

how would the thread feel about an ultimate troll move like passing a bill saying that the government will match trump's wall donations 1:1

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

"Gosh darn you heck" and "flip you Mr. President Sir."

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLv6rmnYf4

This guy has no time for your potty mouth, Rashida Tlaib.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Guze posted:

"Gosh darn you heck" and "flip you Mr. President Sir."

Finally someone has brought reason back to discourse.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Retro42 posted:

Can we go back to talking about Trump thinking about forcing the military to build his motherfucking wall?

At least that topic is genuinely frightening instead of just "our country is so brokenly sexist/racist" depressing.

Woah now I think the sociopath fascist trying to use the military to violently and illegally steal land from Americans to fake build a stupid racist wall is important too, but did you hear about the bad word a non-white woman said about Our President??

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Z. Autobahn posted:

Please describe what "Trump 2.0 in liberal form" is

kristen gillibrand enthusiasts

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

how would the thread feel about an ultimate troll move like passing a bill saying that the government will match trump's wall donations 1:1

Trump would just start a GoFundMe scam of his own and make a bunch of money off this lol.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Did anything ever happen with the buy-a-brick bill? Because I am so in favor of watching that poo poo fall so hilariously short.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Mineaiki posted:

It's in part up to you how much it hurts her. If you continue to pearl-clutch, it will be worse for her. If you, like the rest of us, throw up your hands and lean into it, she'll be fine. Saying "it's unfair, but I'm not going to do anything about it" doesn't absolve you of responsibility. The right wants you to feel this way. They're not out there chasing down the imaginary Undecideds with this stuff--the only people who still believe in all that are liberal journalists and their rich patrons. They're after people like you who will push to water down the "left" until it is nothing but a token resistance.

The left will do much, much better when they stop pandering to and pretending to care about the votes of the Ken Bones of the world. Those dumbfucks were never going to vote Democrat anyway, folks.

I love that the incoming women congressmembers have more balls than most of the men around them. Give 'em hell.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Woah now I think the sociopath fascist trying to use the military to violently and illegally steal land from Americans to fake build a stupid racist wall is important too, but did you hear about the bad word a non-white woman said about Our President??

Centrists who don't care about what Trump is doing but care very much about the bad words are vital to political success!!! We must bend over backwards for them, at the expense of the Democratic base!!!!!! Oh gently caress we keep losing how could this have happened!!!!!!!!!!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Trump would just start a GoFundMe scam of his own and make a bunch of money off this lol.

trump scamming his moron supporters is a good thing.

hard to support president deals when he personally stole from you.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Stereotype posted:

When they go low we go high *hits enormous blunt* motherfuckers

This but unironically

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeah but what happens when he argues in court that the government has to match the GoFundMe donations and wins? :negative:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fun Fact: ICE agents are having to work without pay during the shutdown. (well 16,000 out of 20,000 anyway, the other 4k were sent home)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Eh, they're the same people who fall for MLM scams over and over. They might not figure it out.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Wish this was still the official Trump Thread so it could be renamed the Motherfucker Thread.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Mineaiki posted:

I don't feel this way! You guys are the only ones who think I feel upset by what she said. I am trying to express to you that your opinions or what you personally think is right isn't what's at stake here. What's fair vs what is reality. She's GOING to be held to higher standards, and they're going to attack her each time they see a weakness. It's good Pelosi circled the wagons to protect her. She's going to have to be more clever moving forward.

I'm just upset that you guys don't seem to realize THE NARRATIVE ISN'T SO EASY TO JUST DEFINE. It gets defined outside of your It's not as simple as just saying 'that's institutionalized sexism!' at a man's face and then it's fixed

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

To borrow from Hannity's handbook of stupid, "the era of selective moral outrage needs to end! :downs: "

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah but what happens when he argues in court that the government has to match the GoFundMe donations and wins? :negative:

do you think he'd want to reveal his finances enough to sue over this?

i think it'd be a hilarious troll gesture that he'd have a hard time responding to without looking like a cheap prick

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rigel posted:

Fun Fact: ICE agents are having to work without pay during the shutdown. (well 16,000 out of 20,000 anyway, the other 4k were sent home)

Not paying the gestapo to own the libs.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

VH4Ever posted:

The left will do much, much better when they stop pandering to and pretending to care about the votes of the Ken Bones of the world. Those dumbfucks were never going to vote Democrat anyway, folks.

I love that the incoming women congressmembers have more balls than most of the men around them. Give 'em hell.

One of my favorite videos is the "Please proceed, governor" moment from one of the Obama-Romney debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwtuInlMew

And lately, I have found that undecided voters meter on the bottom absolutely hilarious. Like watching them change with each moment, each statement, and so on. I don't remember how they measured it (can anyone fill me in?), but I imagine it was buttons on chairs or texts from phones or something. Like how can people think we're suddenly dumber than we used to be? When we used to think that was informative?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Alright, let em do whatever. This is a small issue I shouldn't even care about despite my dumb posting as of late.

There are much more important issues anyway, like getting facists out of office, impeachment proceedings.

At the very least I just want to laugh at tweets again.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm honestly trying to imagine the amount of brain-mushing prions it would take for me to think that "genuinely concerned about little kids dying of neglect in cages but is okay with it if the alternative is a woman saying a swear" is not only a person that exists in significant numbers, but is even a gettable demographic and that it would be worth trying to get them if they did exist.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dems should've no joke been calling trump a "loving idiot" for years now.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

How the gently caress do ya'll get by willing to point out the minutiae of Trump's constant lies while also being unable to argue with the actual points being made by people in this thread? Neither Skyarb nor myself are suggesting that Representative Tlaib's calling Trump a motherfucker is going to drive democrats to the republican party.

Hell yeah the democratic 'base' as much as ever is unified around visceral disgust for President Trump, but that doesn't serve Representative Tlaib's goals in the long run when positions on committees are handed out to members of the Congress with a proven track record of getting poo poo done in a professional way.

You are the base right now in that you are unified in derision for Trump, but the moment he's gone we'll be back to arguing about the details of M4A and school lunches. The same thing is (HOPEFULLY) going to happen in Congress, and when that time comes we're going to want professionals working at it. It's cool that ya'll see a kindred spirit in Tlaib (and so do I!) but the thought of this thread trying to hammer out legislation without self destructing in a spectacular display of whataboutism and assumptions of bad faith is a goddamn nightmare.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

StrangersInTheNight posted:

She's GOING to be held to higher standards, and they're going to attack her each time they see a weakness.

you are the one holding her to a higher standard and attacking the perceived weaknesses tbh

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rigel posted:

I think it was Ted Lieu who was on Twitter talking about all these various security agencies are working without pay and I just retweeted him and said "good, gently caress the police." I'm extremely cool and normal and not at all a huge nerd.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Rigel posted:

They're just in it for the bigoted violence anyway

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*eye twitching* Now calm down, Tlaibly-daibly-doobly-woobly. He did his bessssssst, bigotly-wiggidly-diggilly-jiggly. Gotta be niiiiiice, decorummy-worummy-dorrum-dorrumy... Ahhhhhh, HELL-DIDDLY-DING-DONG-CRAP! CAN'T YOU MORONS SEE THIS GUY IS A MOTHERFUCKER?!!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Priapus Unbound posted:

You are the base right now in that you are unified in derision for Trump, but the moment he's gone we'll be back to arguing about the details of M4A and school lunches. The same thing is (HOPEFULLY) going to happen in Congress, and when that time comes we're going to want professionals working at it. It's cool that ya'll see a kindred spirit in Tlaib (and so do I!) but the thought of this thread trying to hammer out legislation without self destructing in a spectacular display of whataboutism and assumptions of bad faith is a goddamn nightmare.

the fact that we treat the republicans as a legitimate political party and aren't constantly calling them motherfuckers and laughing at them is why we're in our present predicament.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

E: quote is not edit

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Priapus Unbound posted:

Just LOL if you think "professionals" don't curse all the loving time.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It was a poor choice by Tlaib to be both Muslim AND a woman. Do better next time, and we need to hold our elected officials to higher standards.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

fishing with the fam posted:

Wish this was still the official Trump Thread so it could be renamed the Motherfucker Thread.

The forum just needs to auto-replace “Trump” with “motherfucker” and I’ll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

again, she should just tweet 'sorry, that was locker room talk'