Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

wow! sooooo cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lambert posted:

Let me judge input lag/smoothness using this stuttery video.

don't bother, I already did

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Stereotype posted:

my washer and dryer play a little song when they are done so that I know. also they stop making so much noise.

i also have a lucky goldstar washing machine

you can't turn the post-cycle Air Dry option on while a cycle is running, so if you need to leave the house for something it's just gonna sit there

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

okay now let me see one that's been tested to 10,000 cycles because that's what it's going to go through in a year, if that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tokamak posted:

deep learning ai that constantly feathers your hdr settings to min/max your viewing experience is the future we deserve.

deep learning ai that constantly feathers your balls to min/max your teledildonics experience is the future we need

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lambert posted:

Let me judge input lag/smoothness using this stuttery video.

you sure it's the video? looks like every android device i've used.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

akadajet posted:

you sure it's the video? looks like every android device i've used.

The devices with the half-eaten apple on it are Iphones.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

literally only bc it looks like something you'd see in a scifi movie

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

is everyone ready to hear about 5G?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

hobbesmaster posted:

is everyone ready to hear about 5G?

my body is ready for intel's god awful implementation that requires a nuclear reactor strapped to the side of the loving thing to run with no viable competitor because we're going to ban huawei

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

theres qualcomm

and uhhhh... mediatek? samsung technically.

but qualcomm, its all going to be qualcomm

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

but the cool thing about 5g is that its mainly an evolutionary change to LTE on the handset side, but the network changes that allow more small cells and additionally channels should help current radios. the current 5g rollout should result in a more reliable network for current phones even if you don't buy some crazy high bandwidth service.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

last I heard Qualcomm's implementation was even worse than intel's but maybe they've started to figure it out. I eagerly await a repeat of the LTE rollout with androids rushing to add support despite the radios being dogshit and taking battery life down to 6 hours tops while apple sits it out until the power efficiency has matured to an acceptable level and a bunch of idiots claiming this is evidence that apple can't innovate

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

"5g" consists of the latest LTE advanced revisions as well as new frequency bands so you should see improvements with current LTE devices. the biggest change is that you might actually see carrier aggregation work

but yes i'm sure androids will immediately put in radios that suck down power to support every conceivable LTE and NR band

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

last I heard Qualcomm's implementation was even worse than intel's but maybe they've started to figure it out. I eagerly await a repeat of the LTE rollout with androids rushing to add support despite the radios being dogshit and taking battery life down to 6 hours tops while apple sits it out until the power efficiency has matured to an acceptable level and a bunch of idiots claiming this is evidence that apple can't innovate

Apple can't innovate and likes selling old technology at gravely inflated prices. If you're going to buy old tech (like Apple products), at least only pay a budget price.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hell id gently caress it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Lambert posted:

Apple can't innovate and likes selling old technology at gravely inflated prices. If you're going to buy old tech (like Apple products), at least only pay a budget price.

lol there it is

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my router is on display rather than shoved in a cabinet somewhere

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it folds and has a touchbar

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lambert posted:

lol if you buy your own computers

rule 36!!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/tim/status/1081198391156228096

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just what i wanted

speaker mesh on my fuckin toilet

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like how it's got pointy rear end corners where your knees go, to just maim you the entire time

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

alexa, give me ecoli

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the previous Numi’s web site had a video showing it off in a glass-walled bathroom overlooking a city

e: looks like it’s still up

ultimate posting station

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
oh hey new Kohler stuff supports HomeKit

including the Smart Pipe Toilet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

our patented AmbiFart system analyzes air quality against our artificial intelligence machine learning database and quantifies the smell using rgb lighting

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
what is it with """power users""" wanting ugly leds everywhere

the average gaming pc has more lumens than a tv studio

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it's 14 year olds who wants those lights, they're a big market

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
loving ground effects on a bidet

alexa, squirt my arsehole... full power

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

eschaton posted:

the previous Numi’s web site had a video showing it off in a glass-walled bathroom overlooking a city

ultimate posting station

lmbo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

eschaton posted:

ultimate posting station

im the sultry models just killing time until the next dump

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

alexa, squirt my arsehole... full power

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Sniep posted:

i like how it's got pointy rear end corners where your knees go, to just maim you the entire time

just ac slater the thing

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
drat rich people just put it on show like they're so special

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

SO DEMANDING posted:

ces has been getting sadder and sadder every year, it's almost to the point where it's hardly worth even making fun of anymore

maybe amd will announce some stuff though that could be cool

its really so companies can take exhibit their wares then sneak off to take advantage of all vegas has to offer

bunny ranch, shady lady ranch, love ranch, etc

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

someone photoshop a razer logo on this tia

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

hmm, no crypto or machine learning? hard pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
cant append my logs to the blockchain, no buy

• Locked thread