Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Ague Proof posted:

Paradololex.txt

The origin of 'Obamailure'?

Yep as far as I remember it. Wrap it up, pardolailures. Wrap it up forever. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

False dilemma as hell, my dude.

No, but that and a collection of similar issues taken together? Probably keeps them from voting libertarian or whatever.

Again, I'm opposed to PAYGO personally. But the average person has no understanding of why it's bad and it sounds good to dummies just barely paying attention

What happens when we disregard PAYGO after telling these average people for years how important and sensible and smart it is, and only a fool would disregard PAYGO.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I made a Facebook post today that read:

"My problem isn't that a Democrat publicly called Trump a motherfucker. My problem is that it took -2 years-."

My mom called me to let me know she wasn't mad, but she was unfriending me on Facebook because she just can't read stuff like that anymore.

I mostly say this because holy poo poo can you imagine being so offended at such a small thing that you unfriend your own son on Facebook?

That's your average Trump supporter now, and it's only been 2 years. This poo poo is gonna get even bumpier.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

A man arrested in Moscow that they say is a spy while his friends say he was attending a wedding and what a big overreach it is.

The issue being all signs point to that he is a US spy and Russia is in the right here rather than it being a beat up. It's sort of lost traction when it became clear he's arrested for exactly what he is.

Forgot to mention this arrest isn't because He's a good spy uncovered, he seems quite dim, but that he can be leveraged to trade for Maria Butina. Conspiracy is that he is a lemming trade in that he was sent to be arrested juat so they have cause to give back Maria Butina.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Saxophone posted:

I mostly say this because holy poo poo can you imagine being so offended at such a small thing that you unfriend your own son on Facebook?

Yeah; My partner's father got in his truck and drove from Colorado back home to Louisiana after we got home from a nice lunch of dim sum because I thought the child living under the overpass was more important than the foetus wanted by people in America who have to go to Russia to adopt children (:confused:). He hadn't seen his daughter or his grandchildren in half a year and we were supposed to spend the following two days in a sweet little cabin out in the mountains.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1081329092467789825

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I lost one of my oldest and dearest friends to the Soros conspiracy

I still think bitterly on this, I miss her. But the brain worms have her now. She's lost to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Saxophone posted:

I made a Facebook post today that read:

"My problem isn't that a Democrat publicly called Trump a motherfucker. My problem is that it took -2 years-."

My mom called me to let me know she wasn't mad, but she was unfriending me on Facebook because she just can't read stuff like that anymore.

That's your average Trump supporter now, and it's only been 2 years. This poo poo is gonna get even bumpier.

You should text back she should delete your number too.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
This is like some sad dark mirror of those QAnon Christmas posts

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

https://twitter.com/Liz_Cheney/status/1081286668995436544

Should Eli Sanders be in parent-heses?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

VitalSigns posted:

Does Rogan diverge from conservatism on any significant issue other than legal weed?

this isn't conservative any more

https://twitter.com/SpeakerBoehner/status/984022770752290818

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She sucks terribly but I don't think she's making some kind of sly anti-semitic attack. She's just trying to imply that her being the daughter of the former VP of the United States is as relevant to the conversation as who Bernie's dad is. Which is obvious bullshit on its own.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jaxyon posted:

What is it with goons who defend Rogan, is it just that you like UFC a lot or what

Rogan's an idiot who means well, which is something you can't even say about someone like Dave Rubin.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

STAC Goat posted:

She sucks terribly but I don't think she's making some kind of sly anti-semitic attack. She's just trying to imply that her being the daughter of the former VP of the United States is as relevant to the conversation as who Bernie's dad is. Which is obvious bullshit on its own.

Her dad sucks so it’s relevant and efficient to say two people suck instead of one. But yea I know you weren’t implying that isn’t true, it just feels good to say again

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jack Tapper aspires to be the patron saint of Bootlickers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I want to Rashida Tlaib to grab Trump by the balls and make him squeal like a motherfucker he is

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

GoutPatrol posted:

I want to Rashida Tlaib to grab Trump by the balls and make him squeal like a motherfucker he is

While making a big show about how tiny and hard to find they are

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

But does he think we should retroactively clear the name of people arrested on weed offenses?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

Forgot to mention this arrest isn't because He's a good spy uncovered, he seems quite dim, but that he can be leveraged to trade for Maria Butina. Conspiracy is that he is a lemming trade in that he was sent to be arrested juat so they have cause to give back Maria Butina.

This doesn't make any sense though because she's going to be out in six months. If Russia orchestrated this for a spy trade its not for Butina

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
The good news is that progressives have gotten an agreement that PayGo will be waived for M4A and all other legislation, so I don't think it will be an issue in terms of actually passing legislation. But it's still a dumb move because democrats if they are going to win the battle of messaging over things like M4A and GND need to convince the american people that deficit spending can be a very good thing. And abiding by PayGo works against that.

Also abiding by Paygo pisses off the base and causes people not to see a lot of the other good things the House is doing.

Also it should be noted that Paygo is federal law (passed in 1990), so the only way to really get rid of it is with a new law like AOC and Jayapal are proposing.

Anyway the latest Pod Save America has a good section on Paygo, it's history, the details of it, and why it's dumb to follow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shammypants posted:

Her dad sucks so it’s relevant and efficient to say two people suck instead of one. But yea I know you weren’t implying that isn’t true, it just feels good to say again

I mean "Dick Cheney sucks" feels both redundant and like an understatement. I just assume we collectively know what we should be feeling about Dick Cheney in the same way we all react the same to nails on a chalkboard or maggots crawling on something dead or the sudden sense of dread when you're alone in a dark house and you hear a mysterious noise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

STAC Goat posted:

yea she probably mumbled some antisemitic slur while she typed it but the point is pretty clearly (stupidly) 'oh so you're bringing up my dad as if it effects who I am, are you a clone of your dad'. Which is dumb as poo poo but not any kinda dark tone or whatever, just normal dumb.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I'm so confused right now

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1081225501069533184

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

she is trying to punish other conservatives because she hates the kochs for not being right wing enough.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Settings malfunction, give it some time it’s a new software version.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You ... I ... wait ...

what is happening?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

False dilemma as hell, my dude.

No, but that and a collection of similar issues taken together? Probably keeps them from voting libertarian or whatever.

Again, I'm opposed to PAYGO personally. But the average person has no understanding of why it's bad and it sounds good to dummies just barely paying attention

A whole lot of dummies fell for Obama's "the government needs to run its budget like a household" as an excuse for his launchpad into years of austerity proposals but the trope took hold among liberals thereafter and welp, here we are. Who could have ever predicted it?

Surely, this time that Talk for Dummies won't lead to further austerity measures, or merely as a backstop to expansion of earned benefits!

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Ann Coulter... welcome to the #Resistance

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

They promote open borders and amnesty.

Coulter is racist over anything else. Like Tucker Carlson.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

also regressives dont believe in evolution.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/1081228562466852864?s=19

How did they think this was bad publicity?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WEALTH TAX SEASON, FIRE!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

The good news is that progressives have gotten an agreement that PayGo will be waived for M4A and all other legislation, so I don't think it will be an issue in terms of actually passing legislation. But it's still a dumb move because democrats if they are going to win the battle of messaging over things like M4A and GND need to convince the american people that deficit spending can be a very good thing. And abiding by PayGo works against that.

Notice how this PAYGO stuff never thinks beyond the next election.

Some people think it's good, so we should reinforce that and convince even more people that it's good. Then when we win we uh, just do the thing we spent the past two years convincing everyone to believe is bad.

So what happens then? Does it not matter and we win reelection anyway because M4A is so popular that people pissed about PAYGO don't matter? But if we don't need them to win why did we have to boost PAYGO in the first place? Or do we just plan to lose the next election and hope the moderates come back after another six years of Republican megadeficits and Democratic promises that we'll be the real fiscal conservatives next time pinky-swear?

It seems to me that if you want to create the conditions for long-term progressive electoral and legislative victories, you have to go out there and make the case that progressive legislation is good to have so you have a firm base of support for your ideas. Not go out there and say "actually conservatives are right about everything but vote for us because we'll succeed at conservatism where they fail". Even if that actually works, you just convinced a bunch of people to vote for the most conservative candidate, which we won't be once we (allegedly) repudiate PAYGO and fiscal conservatism and pass progressive stuff anyway.

Of course the most likely outcome is what Willa said above, boosting fiscal conservatism is just going to lead to a party of fiscal conservatives who suffocate the country with austerity and then get swept out of power when it fails and the failure is blamed on the more left-wing party.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
On the topic of Joe Rogan being lovely, here is post in the joe rogan subreddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/ackm4p/would_you_guys_want_to_see_louis_ck_on_the_podcast/

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
IMO Coulter should be memory holed by the thread since fading into a no body is what she deserves.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ann Coulter is a Nazi so she’ll support high taxes going to support the white ethnostate.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Lid posted:

Is this somehow taking into account that she's been sentenced already and by the time she's done cooperating she'll have beyond time served and should be able to just walk into a plane and gtfo back to Russia?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

PhazonLink posted:

IMO Coulter should be memory holed by the thread since fading into a no body is what she deserves.

As a non American does ummm... Dijon mustard guy... still exist? Last I heard he was caught up in the Michael Cohen stuff but haven't heard a peep since.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

But does he think we should retroactively clear the name of people arrested on weed offenses?

Haha of course not. This is so companies can start making money on it and make sure upper class whites can enjoy while everyone that got their lives destroyed stay that way.

VitalSigns posted:

Notice how this PAYGO stuff never thinks beyond the next election.

Some people think it's good, so we should reinforce that and convince even more people that it's good. Then when we win we uh, just do the thing we spent the past two years convincing everyone to believe is bad.

So what happens then? Does it not matter and we win reelection anyway because M4A is so popular that people pissed about PAYGO don't matter? But if we don't need them to win why did we have to boost PAYGO in the first place? Or do we just plan to lose the next election and hope the moderates come back after another six years of Republican megadeficits and Democratic promises that we'll be the real fiscal conservatives next time pinky-swear?

It seems to me that if you want to create the conditions for long-term progressive electoral and legislative victories, you have to go out there and make the case that progressive legislation is good to have so you have a firm base of support for your ideas. Not go out there and say "actually conservatives are right about everything but vote for us because we'll succeed at conservatism where they fail". Even if that actually works, you just convinced a bunch of people to vote for the most conservative candidate, which we won't be once we (allegedly) repudiate PAYGO and fiscal conservatism and pass progressive stuff anyway.

Of course the most likely outcome is what Willa said above, boosting fiscal conservatism is just going to lead to a party of fiscal conservatives who suffocate the country with austerity and then get swept out of power when it fails and the failure is blamed on the more left-wing party.

There isn't a single good reason for PAYGO. It's a dumb rear end idea that appeals to no one and is designed to gently caress over left wing ideas and give credibility to the idea that fiscal conservatism is inherently wise instead of the joke it is.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I'm not sure why PAYGO is so bad, since I support rising taxes to pay for things I want?