Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sexpansion posted:

Just as a side note, why would anyone play J4 when Camille exists?

Camille has a longer range dash than J4 (granted it has to go off a wall, but it is only one skill as opposed to two).

Camille has J4's ult but it can't be flashed or dashed out off.

Camille passively gets a damage shield based on opponent's damage type. J4's W... slows. And is one of his skills.

Camille has like two easy auto-attack resets.

I like J4 a lot but man it feels bad playing him when Camille exists.

edit: Oh also Camille's mana costs are much more manageable and her clear is way faster.

there are little things, like jarvan getting good mileage out of building tanky, being able to knock up and ult more than one person (both in damage and in utility), being able to cut chokepoints off. most people dont really have to give a poo poo about camille ult and it goes away if she leaves it, whereas j4 can ult someone and e-q to safety and it lasts for the entire time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Also spears are cooler than legs.

Camille is one of those champs that I feel is almost too complicated. I catch myself focusing on the mechanics so much I lose focus of what's going on around me and then I die to stupid poo poo l.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

camilles mobility is the most gross and poorly designed ability in league of legends and it should absolutely be nerfed

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sexpansion posted:

Just as a side note, why would anyone play J4 when Camille exists?

Camille has a longer range dash than J4 (granted it has to go off a wall, but it is only one skill as opposed to two).

Camille has J4's ult but it can't be flashed or dashed out off.

Camille passively gets a damage shield based on opponent's damage type. J4's W... slows. And is one of his skills.

Camille has like two easy auto-attack resets.

I like J4 a lot but man it feels bad playing him when Camille exists.

edit: Oh also Camille's mana costs are much more manageable and her clear is way faster.

Because Demacia, bitch

Malah
May 18, 2015

camille is loving broken, she's been the new Irelia since before there was a new Irelia

I despise her whenever I see her

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Malah posted:

camille is loving broken, she's been the new Irelia since before there was a new Irelia

this is where the “Ban” system comes into play

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Malah posted:

Hmm never played her but it sounds like it's time to check her out in Nexus Blitz since god's greatest gift aka Teemo is usually banned

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Right now my ban slot is for Ahri. Too much damage too effective cc to one shot too many escapes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lid posted:

Right now my ban slot is for Ahri. Too much damage too effective cc to one shot too many escapes.

nice joke ban. you just let zilean through the ban phase. have fun with your lost games

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Is anyone posting metrics for nexus blitz I'm really curious if what I think is broken is what's actually broken in that mode. I've played a shitton of Nexus Blitz the past two weeks and I hope it comes back soon.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

mistaya posted:

Is anyone posting metrics for nexus blitz I'm really curious if what I think is broken is what's actually broken in that mode. I've played a shitton of Nexus Blitz the past two weeks and I hope it comes back soon.
It never went away, at least on the US servers. Currently queued for a match. There's a tier list here https://lolalytics.com/blitz/worldwide/platinum/plus/tierlist/

In my own experience, Yasuo, Yi, and Brand are the absolute shitwreckers that really need bans if you want to have a fun match

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

mistaya posted:

I don't know about broken, but Nexus Blitz has absolutely reminded me of how much fun certain champs that are mostly out of meta can be - Gangplank and pantheon primarily. This map is fantastic for him since he can jump all the walls with his W and get most of the map with his R. Gangplank is a bit weirder since you usually wind up splitting a minion wave so he gets less serpents for his ult upgrade, but his ability to just chunk health really helps in all the frantic team battle modes (and he can end a bardle royale with a well placed barrel).

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone recommend some jungle streamers?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Erdricks posted:

The only one that comes to mind is IWillDominate who is a toxic little bitch, but a talented toxic little bitch. I've picked up a few tricks just by watching what he does. Just don't pick up the way he talks to team mates

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Erdricks posted:

rush, peanut, xsmithie. I think most of the good jungle streamers are pros.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
rush is fun with his negative kda jungle style

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

everyone it is time again to rate this thread five due to the hostile interference of malicious entities causing this threads rating to drop to 3 bars.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Erdricks posted:

I still like Foxdrop.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So basically what you’re saying is to get the enemy team to ping Neeko’s items

Also Chase Shaco is really good and not toxic at all but plays only shaco but you can get a sense of the macro game from him

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
shaco isnt playing league of legends

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

So basically what you’re saying is to get the enemy team to ping Neeko’s items

Also Chase Shaco is really good and not toxic at all but plays only shaco but you can get a sense of the macro game from him

every time you die in vision of the enemy team, buy completely insane poo poo. when you spawn, undo it. the insane items will stay until they see you again

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Verviticus posted:

every time you die in vision of the enemy team, buy completely insane poo poo. when you spawn, undo it. the insane items will stay until they see you again

They removed this years ago

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Can I play Lulu as a midlaner, or is my partner pulling my leg?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pidan posted:

You can, but she's not as popular/relevant as she used to be. For a season she was prob the best mid laner in that meta.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

You can, but she's not as popular/relevant as she used to be. For a season she was prob the best mid laner in that meta.

Thanks! I tried it once but I think I bought the wrong items.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Yashichi posted:

They removed this years ago

what the hell. riot has gone too far

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pidan posted:

yeah and top lane too. she is better as a top laner

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

what the hell. riot has gone too far

How long have you been doing this for

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Did tower damage get buffed recently, or at least in early game? Tried tower diving someone to finish a lvl 2 gank and got executed hard.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Erdricks posted:

Did tower damage get buffed recently, or at least in early game? Tried tower diving someone to finish a lvl 2 gank and got executed hard.

Yes, preseason patch buffed tower dmg

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

How long have you been doing this for

ive never done it intentionally but i guess it would have been funny to do if neeko was released in 2013 or whatever

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
https://reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/ac7vez/is_riot_games_working_on_an_mmorpg_entitled/

Off Topic but On topic the topic of League, what would you guys do if Riot Games released this huge game?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would casually give it a try and if it pleased me a lot and a considerable amount of my friends decided to play it I would play it in my spare time, otherwise I would not.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Nah

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

me, dead again playing my john warwick account: you can hand over your support or you can die with him

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I did my preseason placements and landed in Iron II. I thought I was doing a little better than that but I guess I'm still learning a lot :kiddo:
I'd like to study my stats to help improve but I'm not really sure how to interpret them. OP.GG is the main place to check profiles, right? Can anyone help parse this data for me?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

RealFoxy posted:

Riot's quest to keep lulu out of solo lanes is sisyphean, just play it and I promise you it will become meta again at some point

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I'm literally the only person on the planet earth who legitimately cares about the lore/universe so I'd be interested in it for that, but playing an MMO might be a bridge too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I did my preseason placements and landed in Iron II. I thought I was doing a little better than that but I guess I'm still learning a lot :kiddo:
I'd like to study my stats to help improve but I'm not really sure how to interpret them. OP.GG is the main place to check profiles, right? Can anyone help parse this data for me?

Unless this has changed with the new provisional rank, you aren't done with your placements - usually its the first ten, not eight, games.

If you click on an individual match, you can see the elo of your teammates. It looks like you're mostly playing with mid silver to low gold, so you are better than Iron 2. The system has apparently been biased towards placing people lower this season, especially on fresh accounts.

Your score lines/builds seem a-ok; as someone who doesn't really play karthus I don't have a ton of specific advice. I think your builds are solid. One thing to consider though is just getting oblivion orb rather than finishing morellos if you don't actually need the grievous wounds passive. Orb by itself gives you a solid amount of pen, the other big reason to get morellos, and if people are building a lot of MR you'll probably want void eventually anyway. Buying morellos rather than sitting on orb can delay deathcap/zhonyas/etc spikes. Not a big issue though, but an option to keep in mind.

The only other thing that really stands out from a very brief look on my phone is your CS. Although it is decent relative to your opponents, getting it higher would help a lot and shouldn't be too hard on karthus. Just work on your CS during laning , and go hoover up waves mid late game more often. Although obviously this doesn't always work if other people are making macro calls, generally if a wave hits a tower without somewhere there your team has messed up - try and actively look to catch waves and always make sure you're making money. You can also farm a lot of the jungle very easily, so look to do that as well.

In the lane phase, make sure you're backing when the wave is either pushed into your opponents tower, on a cannon wave, or when your opponent is backing - ideally some combination of those. A ton of learning to play mid well is getting good back timings - someone like Midbeast on YT gives solid explanations of that, he does reviews of various pro players and talks about it a lot. I played in a league for a while and one of the things that really distinguished the masters plus mids from us worse players was their back timings, much more than I would have thought. It let's you get a substantial advantage without risk if you do it well.

Ultimately, there isn't that much to say based on a sample of eight games on op.gg, but I think you're in a decent spot. If you want more in depth slash probably useful advice post some replays slash vods, a lot of goons are great at giving good reviews/tips that will be more helpful I think.