Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
You could have had them be W&Ws and had some gag about not turning them upside down. I didn’t even put any effort into that, come on :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nonviolent J posted:

I just assumed he wanted the statue :shrug:

Ah yes that's much funnier thank you.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's not a statue, that's an actual anthropomorphic N man, a living sentient candy creature that Homer is about to murder and eat.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

writer: what if we called it "Everybody HATES Raymond"?
everyone: *cheers approvingly*
other writer: well guys, it took us all night, but it was worth it

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Also I really want to strangle Al Jean Homer style while shouting that the show is in a visual medium and therefore it doesn't matter how funny it is at a table reading if it's a funny sight gag.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagine how awkward those table readings must be these days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It must be more tolerable if you're indispensable and can just show up drunk to the point of numbness

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Excited for the new Simpsons movie. They need to end the tv series already though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Does Al know deep inside that the show is bad now

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Does Al know deep inside that the show is bad now

Probably but its just a case of alot of the older guard cashing the checks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SeANMcBAY posted:

Imagine how awkward those table readings must be these days.

It's kinda funny to imagine a bank of phones reading their lines.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's not a statue, that's an actual anthropomorphic N man, a living sentient candy creature that Homer is about to murder and eat.

I'm guessing it's a guy in an N&N mascot costume, but Homer thinks it's an actual anthropomorphic N man.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm guessing it's a guy in an N&N mascot costume, but Homer thinks it's an actual anthropomorphic N man.

This isn't nearly wacky or zany enough for modern Simpsons.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Atlas Hugged posted:

This isn't nearly wacky or zany enough for modern Simpsons.

The N man is real, and homer will react like that ancient M&M commercial with santa clause

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Golden age Simpsons would have Homer stealing the red m&m guy but then the m&m be real, escape, and fall into an ant hill inside of a tight 15 seconds

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm shocked they didn't use it for an Eminem ("N'emen", naturally) cameo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The red N sings some Eminem songs after the Simpsons take it home. The singing attracts Tekashi 69 and the remainder of the episode is a prolonged youth-friendly cameo with heavy use of a hilarious new app "Instaounce"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The N man is real, and homer will react like that ancient M&M commercial with santa clause
Simpsons did it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Btw, anyone else think the amount of likes on Jean's tweets is super depressing? I mean, sure he deserves it, but they're in the single digits! I figured he was a big enough celebrity (at least in nerd circles) that he would have at least a floor of pity likes at worst.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
No he sucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also I really want to strangle Al Jean Homer style while shouting that the show is in a visual medium and therefore it doesn't matter how funny it is at a table reading if it's a funny sight gag.

You think N&Ns got a big laugh at the table read anyway?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

You think N&Ns got a big laugh at the table read anyway?

I find it a lot more interesting that the intended joke is placed in a tiny section of a huge sign that is a lame pun on a popular product name that, according to the showrunner, only exists because of legal concerns.

Even if it were a good joke, that's a bad execution.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

The cast had to have been what ate up the budget because it sure as hell wasn't the animation. But what a cast

Tales from the Crypt was the same way. Really good character actors and celebrities carrying otherwise bland stories or making great ones even better.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

My god, Al Jean might be JRRose!'s alter ego.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was listening to some comedy podcasts that basically said anyone who hangs with Simpson’s cast & crew just heard about how lovely it is now and nobody hangs out anymore and it’s basically at “we all hate each other” levels now.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I was listening to some comedy podcasts that basically said anyone who hangs with Simpson’s cast & crew just heard about how lovely it is now and nobody hangs out anymore and it’s basically at “we all hate each other” levels now.

Believable. I mean, just look at Al Jean getting owned on Twitter.

He doesn't really even fight back. Just, "Yeah, that's good, but *mumble mumble*...". He got dunked on and just rolled over on it. Not even a "well, the show's been on your entire lifetime, so..."

He knows it sucks. I bet they didn't even think of that W&W joke.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
This will always the lowest point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLWO2WCTU4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Issy posted:

This will always the lowest point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLWO2WCTU4

To be fair, that’s Family Guy. I don’t think the Simpsons staff wanted them to do that.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I chuckled when he paused before shooting Maggie.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Has there been a fortnite episode or has any of the simpsons done the floss dance yet? Because that would be the real lowest point.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

In about 3 years

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Nothing will ever beat "Let's Rape Marge Simpson!".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Flannelette posted:

Has there been a fortnite episode or has any of the simpsons done the floss dance yet? Because that would be the real lowest point.

Check back in Season 33

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I can't say what the low point of the Simpsons has been, but I can tell you when I pretty much permanently wrote off the show. It was when they started using that new (well at the time) animation style that resembled that of the movie. There were a certain charm that was lost when they made that change. I honestly don't know why they did it. It's not like the animation up until that point was awful or anything. In fact, I'm almost positive the new animation was even more expensive, for completely unneeded reasons too.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

There isn't anything different about the animation, they just moved do the coloring with digital coloring instead of cell painting now. It is much cheaper actually and looks cleaner. Cleaner does not necessarily mean better unfortunately.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I refuse to watch anything other than season 1 so Smithers is still black to me

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Smithers was only black once in season 1 because of a coloring error; for the rest of the season he's white

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

snack eater posted:

Smithers was only black once in season 1 because of a coloring error; for the rest of the season he's white

I thought they intended him to be black at first but then they didn’t like the look of having a black servile character.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

snack eater posted:

Ok I refuse to watch after that particular episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sweet geek swag posted:

There isn't anything different about the animation, they just moved do the coloring with digital coloring instead of cell painting now. It is much cheaper actually and looks cleaner. Cleaner does not necessarily mean better unfortunately.

uhhhhhh no there is absolutely a difference in the quality of the animation beyond just the colors.