Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I'm not sure this is a spoiler for Diablo 3 but just in case I just killed Diablo and was ready to move on to another game. How much more do I have in the campaign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
D3 on Switch includes the expansion, so you have the expansion act still to do.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
In Lumines, is Challenge mode the only way to unlock new music tracks?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does the writing style of Octopath Traveler get easier to deal with? The faux Shakespeare is annoying me right now. Just started. It’s also done a pretty bad job of breaking down how combat works.

E:Looks like that writing style might just be in the huntresses village. I’m getting the feeling I was supposed to start with the Scholar when it was like “pick one of these characters” at the start.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

HD rumble's subtlety is wasted on the port of Carcassone. Playing it handheld makes my Switch sound like a dot matrix printer whenever it's my turn.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Ah man I missed nostalgic goldeneye and perfect dark chat

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now I'm kinda wondering if those grips everyone loves in here notably ruin that HD rumble stuff. Probably not, I honestly never notice it unless I'm specifically looking for it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Butterfly Valley posted:

Ah man I missed nostalgic goldeneye and perfect dark chat

Someone started an entire thread about it in GBS last night.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Someone started an entire thread about it in GBS last night.

i blame you for making me open GBS for the first time in a year :argh:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Does the writing style of Octopath Traveler get easier to deal with? The faux Shakespeare is annoying me right now. Just started. It’s also done a pretty bad job of breaking down how combat works.

E:Looks like that writing style might just be in the huntresses village. I’m getting the feeling I was supposed to start with the Scholar when it was like “pick one of these characters” at the start.

Aye, it geten better when thou visiten other lands.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

i blame you for making me open GBS for the first time in a year :argh:

I haven’t looked at GBS in like 5 years. Is it better these days?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven’t looked at GBS in like 5 years. Is it better these days?

idk, it still scans as certifiably mad to me, but i post in yospos so what do i know

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

howen manyeth of thesen posten haveth we seeneth so faren? it neveren gets olde

yeah you picked a bad main, that's literally the only area in the game with that terrible writing. Fun fact, it's something the localizers decided to do because in Japanese H'aanit and her village just speak normally :eng99:

should've picked Tressa

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

howen manyeth of thesen posten haveth we seeneth so faren? it neveren gets olde

yeah you picked a bad main, that's literally the only area in the game with that terrible writing. Fun fact, it's something the localizers decided to do because in Japanese H'aanit and her village just speak normally :eng99:

should've picked Tressa

Yeah, I’m not far in so I’m just gonna bail and pick someone else.

They should have had some kind of indication that part of the game was written by a crazy person at the select screen though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

She always talks like that. But it gets less annoying outside of her villiage. When it's just her and not everyone.

...maybe wanna restart without her as main if it bothers you that much.

Therion or Tressa.

Therion can open purple chests in dungeons and that can be annoying of hes not there. Also hes good just stabbing guy so good to always have.

Tressa will make you rich especially early.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

loudog999 posted:

I'm not sure this is a spoiler for Diablo 3 but just in case I just killed Diablo and was ready to move on to another game. How much more do I have in the campaign?

The point of playing Diablo is not the campaign, it's to get through the campaign really quickly once and then play adventure mode forever instead, find gear, get stronger etc. There's a new season starting 18 January 2019 and that's the real game.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Reminder that you don’t have to do the campaign on the switch version of diablo. I’d recommend doing it once just to say you did if you never played it on another platform, but you can skip straight to adventure mode if you want to

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Reminder that Lumines is the best puzzle game out there and you should all buy it. I had the PSP version and could never put it down. Bought the Switch version yesterday and blazed through the entire Challenge mode in an evening.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The multiplayer is alright only though, I think. I’d rather they port Super Puzzle Fighter to the Switch. It’d be the perfect platform for it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

Reminder that you don’t have to do the campaign on the switch version of diablo. I’d recommend doing it once just to say you did if you never played it on another platform, but you can skip straight to adventure mode if you want to

Yeah, that’s what I’m doing since I never played it before. May try to power through this last act tonight then move on.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Perfect dark was cool and all and I’m down for a port but let me get some Timesplitters too.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HD rumble is really cool and I hope more developers take advantage of it in upcoming games. I love it in Splatoon 2 in particular

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cartoon Man posted:

Pokémon Snap! of the wild?

Sold!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Odd Mutant posted:

does night in the woods still perform poorly on the switch?

I just played through it for the first time this week and didn’t notice any performance issues. The load times seemed longer than you would expect though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

She always talks like that. But it gets less annoying outside of her villiage. When it's just her and not everyone.

...maybe wanna restart without her as main if it bothers you that much.

Therion or Tressa.

Therion can open purple chests in dungeons and that can be annoying of hes not there. Also hes good just stabbing guy so good to always have.

Tressa will make you rich especially early.

Restarted as Therion and I’m having a blast now, didn’t even realize I just played for the last hour and fifteen minutes. Game is fun. I noticed Therion had combat tutorials, and I didn’t get that with my first character, which is a weird oversight.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

H'aanit's dumb fake english is good

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

I didn’t want to deal with it right now since I’m sick and at work at it’s late. I like being able to just read stuff and not have to decrypt it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

maybe it's because of my native language but the constant "en" endings to words just bothered the absolute heck out of me

if it was just ye standard olde videogame english with the thou's and eth's it would be fine, but thosen constanten enen botheren me so muchen :negative:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Getting phone calls from Sylvia in nmh was loving amazing

The did this in that Silent Hill game on the Wii and it was sooooo good.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Red Steel had a multiplayer mode where each player gets a secret objective given out to them through the wiimote acting like a telephone which was a pretty cool use of the tech

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

The did this in that Silent Hill game on the Wii and it was sooooo good.

That game was underrated. One of the best on the system that made good use of the Wii’s capabilities.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

loudog999 posted:

The spoiler made me laugh. You're almost done.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Odd Mutant posted:

does night in the woods still perform poorly on the switch?
The loading times are still long and annoying.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Is Crash Team Racing here yet???

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fun Times! posted:

The spoiler made me laugh. You're almost done.

Didn't make me fuckin' laugh, I mean I know Diablo 3 has been out for like 6 or 7 years now but that doesn't mean everybody has played the third game in a series of games in which Diablo is the titular antagonist and you ride a boat

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Starting with Therion also makes the conceit of the game make a teeny bit more sense than it does if you start with anyone else. I started with Tressa (no regrets) and from my POV Therion's story meshed really badly with the game because he starts off by making a big show of being a lone wolf to two other thieves but then like one minute later he spills everything to four randos on the street about a major crime he's about to commit then recruits them to help even though several of them wouldn't even ever condone burglary to begin with.

At least if you start with him and collect party members from there you can pretend that he's internally going through a character arc about learning that life is better with friends, and by the time they have to help him with a burglary they've already warmed up to him as a friend.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What do you mean modding it with tape? I have an SF30 Pro.

It's the same as the Switch pro controller fix, the dpad sensors are too sensitive so you gotta add some tape to numb them a bit. This is what mine looks like:

Nothing fancy but it works. Though nowadays I think people recommend using paper hole reinforcements, like so:

Elman fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 5, 2019

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I'm having a tough time diagnosing a controller problem when playing smash. My A button and C stick don't work in combat at all. But I can still navigate and use menus normally. I've tried multiple gamecube controllers on multiple ports of the Wii U adapter. Everything works fine for 1 player usually. I was playing 3 player without a hitch for the last few weeks, so having any problems at all is new. What gets me is that everything is fine except in the battle itself, which seems to imply not a hardware problem at all, especially since I can't isolate a failure point. Is there a setting I'm missing, or some way adding multiple players can break things strangely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A Bag of Milk posted:

I'm having a tough time diagnosing a controller problem when playing smash. My A button and C stick don't work in combat at all. But I can still navigate and use menus normally. I've tried multiple gamecube controllers on multiple ports of the Wii U adapter. Everything works fine for 1 player usually. I was playing 3 player without a hitch for the last few weeks, so having any problems at all is new. What gets me is that everything is fine except in the battle itself, which seems to imply not a hardware problem at all, especially since I can't isolate a failure point. Is there a setting I'm missing, or some way adding multiple players can break things strangely?

Do you have a physical copy or digital? If it’s digital, try deleting it and reinstalling, that might work.