Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Insanite posted:

Inverted y-axis is the only way to live

People who don't invert are mutants

Invert y-axis with mouse :getin:

veni veni veni posted:

That’s because your muscle memory is used to the Xbox placement. There’s no logical reason why it would take more muscles (which your fingers have zero muscles btw) to have them asymmetrical or that would be true of your right hand too.

I mostly used to use an Xbox controller and used to think the stick placement felt weird but I have no preference anymore at all.

I mainly use the PS controllers though, I'd only be used to the N64 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
inverted y-axis life. it's like tilting a camera irl

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

inverted y-axis life. it's like tilting a camera irl

I have wondered if people liking invert y was related to them using either early 90s flight or space sims lots
or
people who owned n64 turok

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Liking invert-y is for people with normal working brains that haven't been corrupted entirely by video games, imo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i never played any of those, i spent my formative years in a running camera and switch board for college over-air courses because the university was too cheap to hire enough staff to man their media center :v:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Flannelette posted:

I have wondered if people liking invert y was related to them using either early 90s flight or space sims lots
or
people who owned n64 turok

I mean it makes sense regardless, whether you played flight sims or whatever. The reason that flight controls work that way is that pulling the stick in whatever direction moves the whole plane in whatever direction of rotation the stick is pulled. If that works more intuitively to you than pushing forward making your view move upward like a mouse cursor outside of a game, then more power to ya

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Inverted Y makes sense to me in vehicles but nothing else

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

At least we can all agree that inverted X is for psychopaths

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

At least we can all agree that inverted X is for psychopaths

It works ok in games where you're controlling an orbit type camera.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
dont use the mouse just use wasd to move. and arrow keys to look

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
When you look up your head tilts backwards and when you look down it tilts forwards.

People who don't use inverted Y axis haven't figured this out because they've never looked at the sky (always indoors) nor their genitals (obesity). In other words: gamers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

the best controls are using the mouse to move forward, just constantly swiping across the mouse pad to move a few feet at a time

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh dope posted:

And what makes him unique amongst the cavalcade of nerds with youtube channels being angry about video games?

he is incredibly fat, even by internet standards. He is also a tremendous sexual deviant. Also no one else dresses up as a fascist dictator for their videos.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Insanite posted:

Inverted y-axis is the only way to live

People who don't invert are mutants

Have fun playing every game wrong

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Rutibex posted:

He is also a tremendous sexual deviant.

Lmao of loving course he is

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Has anyone released a Joy-Con Keyboard that makes the thing look like that PS2 era Logitech Netplay controller?

Also, they need to bring that kind of thing back w/ full sized keyboard, Xbox-style button layout, trackball and wireless so I can just do everything from a single input device no matter what game I'm playing on PC.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i wish valve were a better company pretty much entirely so the steam controller would have more support going forward

maybe a steam controller^2 with a second analog stick

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Caesar Saladin posted:

i think jim sterling has the capacity to be funny occasionally, if you don't watch too often

I like that video about the time that he got sued by two asset-flippers. Kinda wished that he would have let it go to court if it would have wrecked their poo poo as thoroughly as he said it would have

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Have fun playing every game wrong

So were you dropped on your head as a child or was it just a lot of lead paint

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Boogie/Francis is a fat pile of poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Boogie/Francis is a fat pile of poo poo.

Francis the the real one, it's boogie that's the act

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
jim sterling posted his cum on twitter and sent it to a game developer so he's cool

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

A Smoke Break posted:

Too bad it isn't a nintendo pro controller

The Nintendo pro controller is indeed the best controller ever. Followed by the xbonx controller and then The Duke.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

a bone to pick posted:

jim sterling posted his cum on twitter and sent it to a game developer so he's cool

That's... pretty hosed up.

and that's before you get into the fact that it was a meaningless gesture that ruined some poor, abused intern's day while anybody he wanted to offend trundled on oblivious.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rutibex posted:

he is incredibly fat, even by internet standards. He is also a tremendous sexual deviant. Also no one else dresses up as a fascist dictator for their videos.

uh why are we talking about alex jones

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

Wait What?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Icochet posted:

When you look up your head tilts backwards and when you look down it tilts forwards.

People who don't use inverted Y axis haven't figured this out because they've never looked at the sky (always indoors) nor their genitals (obesity). In other words: gamers

Yeah, mr. “press down on the controller to look up” I definitely believe you’ve been outside.

Well, maybe to gamestop

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

That is extremely barf-y

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i really didn't need to see that

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Who is the fat dying balding man? And why is there cum on he face

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

lol

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

My opinion of jim sterling just took quite a nosedive

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

signalnoise posted:

My opinion of jim sterling just took quite a nosedive

I mean, wtf kind of opinion could you have about that fat idiot to begin with

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

I mean, wtf kind of opinion could you have about that fat idiot to begin with

Despite repeating the same points a bunch, he generally argues for positions I agree with, and I was like well I guess I can look past the bullshit clickbait personality cause whatever makes money I guess. He's said in some videos that he generally gets fewer views when he doesn't do the costume schtick so much, so whatever I don't really care about that. This isn't really something you can give a pass on.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Icochet posted:

No actually my eyeballs just move up or down while my head stays level doofus. Inverted is for weird rear end twitchy eccentric people who gesticulate too much and should probably live on the street

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is the context of the cum pic?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the context of the cum pic?

Devolver Digital made a Twitter post, Jim said it made him cum, they said prove it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lol