Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndrewCarolinas/status/1081571309832847365

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a documentary.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

conservatives are getting better at humor, furthermore

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

everybody acting like they forgot about BEQ

if I wanted to code close to the metal I'd use node.js

:colbert:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

dwight yoakam owns

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

neutral milf hotel posted:

I kick it Motorola 68k old school

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yea it wasn't an appearance, he was hosting the goddamn show

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

galenanorth posted:

diggin' a pretty deep shutdown trench and settling in for the long haul there

I think C-SPAM should have a pool for guessing the day the shutdown ends

I'm going to guess May 6

Probably a bigger question is if it ends with Trump signing something, then hiding it from him for ten days, or an outright veto.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

every piece of java code I’ve seen in my professional career has been horrible and it’s all results of their stupid design pattern philosophy and people thinking they need to use one at every turn

java mindsets produce the worst preachy devs who still manage to bang out code that’s unreadable and could I also get a dozen donut holes with that

First of all what the hell is a design patten philosophy? If you’re talking about the way you have to do a top-down design to begin to algorithmically think about the problem at hand, then yea that’s because of the way Java uses the concept of a class for encapsulation.

And “java mindset” sounds like something a dumbass would think that java programmers have.

I think computer science and thus coding in general suffers way to much from old white males making crappy standards that everyone else in the current world has to abide by now. All tech companies should be nationalized ASAP and most of the computer touchers need to be sent to re-education camps in Parris Island

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Just send him a bill to reopen the government and tell him it's a proclamation declaring him a strong handsome daddy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1081374734057701376?s=19

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

haljordan posted:

Just send him a bill to reopen the government and tell him it's a proclamation declaring him a strong handsome daddy

lol

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

dam we could learn a thing or two from these turkey fellas

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

Airports are about to grind to a halt, businesses aren't going to get operating credit, tax refunds aren't being processed, 800k people have lost their jobs, SNAP recipients are going to start starving after January, and TUMRP thinks he's winning this shutdown and he can get the Dems to fold if he just crafts the perfect tweet

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wrenever posted:

Airports are about to grind to a halt, businesses aren't going to get operating credit, tax refunds aren't being processed, 800k people have lost their jobs, SNAP recipients are going to start starving after January, and TUMRP thinks he's winning this shutdown and he can get the Dems to fold if he just crafts the perfect tweet

lot that owns

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if the GOP senate will even send over a bill for him to veto or if they'll run cover for him for awhile

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Yeah. hah ha hahahHa

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

emfive posted:

I stopped answering Java questions on Stackoverflow because the Java Pedant Brigade is constantly on patrol, ready to slam any answer to any question that does not involve one of the 17,000 components of JBOSS or whatever's trendy that week.

It's much more pleasant answering JavaScript questions, chill people there.

Also I've been programming in Java since about 1998.

Lmao owned old man

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Chokes McGee posted:

every piece of java code I’ve seen in my professional career has been horrible and it’s all results of their stupid design pattern philosophy and people thinking they need to use one at every turn

java mindsets produce the worst preachy devs who still manage to bang out code that’s unreadable and could I also get a dozen donut holes with that

What if I do a lot of SQL data architecture stuff and don't really know Java or C but now I'm trying to learn Python to expand my skill set. Is that good?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

white sauce posted:

First of all what the hell is a design patten philosophy? If you’re talking about the way you have to do a top-down design to begin to algorithmically think about the problem at hand, then yea that’s because of the way Java uses the concept of a class for encapsulation.

And “java mindset” sounds like something a dumbass would think that java programmers have.

I think computer science and thus coding in general suffers way to much from old white males making crappy standards that everyone else in the current world has to abide by now. All tech companies should be nationalized ASAP and most of the computer touchers need to be sent to re-education camps in Parris Island

holy lmao

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

A smart wall is exactly what Trump needs to turn around this mess

Serf
May 5, 2011

man people are freaking out so much over that suggested 70% tax rate on the rich. they ain't seen poo poo yet

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wrenever posted:

The time is now for Donald Trump to show some humility.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

i like to think the fact that you can run node on embedded systems now has given lots of C or whatever devs seizures

the popular idea that programmers have to be smarter than anyone else is the biggest misconception of the past few decades

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Time to punch my dick!

-pee good brains

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

god drat

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fireside Nut posted:

What if I do a lot of SQL data architecture stuff and don't really know Java or C but now I'm trying to learn Python to expand my skill set. Is that good?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

okay imma unpack this one more time

trump doesn’t have the mental capacity to reverse course right now even if he wanted to, he’s past the point of coherency and would still scream about how he wants wall finding if he got everything he wanted bc he can’t remember it

the only way out of this is a veto proof CR or dems caving

he's mainly worried about looking foolish if he caves. my theory is that he'll use some granny's death from lack of food stamps/insulin/transportation/whatever as a backdoor into caving with empathy -- at least temporarily. (and only because it's a redmeat story the media will hop in and amplify) he'll still be the strong daddy to his chud army but with a golden heart

but yeah I think this is a good case for the 25th amendment but with a cabinet full of billionaires and sycophants I doubt this will happen

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

man people are freaking out so much over that suggested 70% tax rate on the rich. they ain't seen poo poo yet

Are they freaking out though, or is the media freaking out?

Even famous chuds like that blonde Nazi lady Coulter came out in favor of taxing the rich

Serf
May 5, 2011

wait until the crash comes and it becomes a 100% tax at gunpoint

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hillary lover

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

white sauce posted:

Even famous chuds like that blonde Nazi lady Coulter came out in favor of taxing the rich

"BUT THEN THE RICH PEOPLE WON'T BUY BOATS!!!"

--Sean Hannity, who definitely isn't a complete loving blockhead

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just found out about this song, gonna play it in a rando bar at the end of the month, it's so much fun on bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFCTFXn6xE

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Wrenever posted:

cool

Serf
May 5, 2011

white sauce posted:

there are thousands of temporarily embarrassed millionaires on twitter who are very upset at the idea that the rich could be taxed, yes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
am i the most dark and twisted badass online? well, when i see the country falling apart due to shutdown, my only response is "Good."

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
If a progressive tax rate gets implemented will billionars continue to fund poo poo like prageru and Talking Points USA?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Wrenever posted:

:yooge: the economy's fundamentals are strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

i like to think the fact that you can run node on embedded systems now has given lots of C or whatever devs seizures

the popular idea that programmers have to be smarter than anyone else is the biggest misconception of the past few decades

lol folks are running node.js on embedded systems? I can't wait for the next dude to delete his dumb three line left-padding module from the NPM repo and have some life support system crash in the Midwest