Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Still eyeing the possibility of some Gamergate idiots pooling money to buy this old set of data to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Furthermore, it is interesting that the Russia narrative gets pushed by Libulini, who just happens to have ties to NATO by being a veteran of a German electronic warfare formation.

Makes you think. :thunk:

Stop talking about this, I don't want to get interrogated by the MAD!!!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Healbot posted:

Still eyeing the possibility of some Gamergate idiots pooling money to buy this old set of data to own the libs.
To be honest, sooner or later as the world become more and more numeric we are going to see poo poo tier hackers loving over old out of touch politicians over nonsensical flame-wars so yes it is a possibility.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Setzen Sie sich, Herr Libluini, die Kollegen Fröhn und Feinbein werden Ihnen jetzt ein paar Fragen stellen.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

This makes me irrationally angry. Don’t fly, you motherfuckers. If not even Grüne get it, climate holocaust is definitely unavoidable.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Grünenstatus as perfomatively woke Bierzeltparteiersatz confirmed.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I also made the mistake of reading the maps thread. Therefore I learned that data stops being private/sensitive ince it is available in the Public sphere, so the h4x0r1ng is a self-solving issue.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Wengy posted:

This makes me irrationally angry. Don’t fly, you motherfuckers. If not even Grüne get it, climate holocaust is definitely unavoidable.

suck my woke dick posted:

Grünenstatus as perfomatively woke Bierzeltparteiersatz confirmed.
I don't think you two get why I thought this was funny...

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

No offense, but I don't really care why you found it funny tbh, I just have the Schnauze voll von Leuten, die fliegen, obwohl sie es besser wissen (auch in meinem Umfeld ein ewiges Thema).

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Wengy posted:

No offense, but I don't really care why you found it funny tbh, I just have the Schnauze voll von Leuten, die fliegen, obwohl sie es besser wissen (auch in meinem Umfeld ein ewiges Thema).

Das Problem ist sinnloses Langstreckenreisen. Pro Kilometer ist es egal, ob das mit dem Flieger oder mit der Bahn passiert.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Das Problem ist sinnloses Langstreckenreisen. Pro Kilometer ist es egal, ob das mit dem Flieger oder mit der Bahn passiert.

Mit der Bahn nach Kalifornien ist dann aber halt auch ein wenig Scheiße.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

CO2-technisch ist es egal, ob ich nach Wien fliege oder den Railjet nehme? Come on.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wengy posted:

It is unavoidable regardless of how much Verzicht we exercise in Germany anyway. So why bother?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Wengy posted:

Wer in einem Urlaubsparadies lebt, hat gut reden. Reisen ist notwendig, um die Ungleichverteilung der landschaftlichen Schönheit umzufairteilen.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Randler posted:

It is unavoidable regardless of how much Verzicht we exercise in Germany anyway. So why bother?

Don't be nihilistic, we still have about 10 years to turn the ship around!!!!!! :(

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Einbauschrank posted:

Wer in einem Urlaubsparadies lebt, hat gut reden. Reisen ist notwendig, um die Ungleichverteilung der landschaftlichen Schönheit umzufairteilen.

Die Schweiz ist nur für Leute mit sehr tiefen Taschen ein Urlaubsparadies, und zu denen zähle ich leider nicht. Ausserdem reise ich auch, sogar manchmal nach Deutschland, aber ausschliesslich per Zug.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wengy might have an idea how to reduce emissions by 2,69% per year, worldwide.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Healbot posted:

Wengy might have an idea how to reduce emissions by 2,69% per year, worldwide.

Hey, it's something. But if you want to be cynics about it, have fun in California, I guess :shrug:

Also, I'm no fancy-pants climate egghead, but this stat is also dependent on countries. In Switzerland (and I'd guess in many other rich developed nations), Flugverkehr is a much more significant polluter - because people can afford to pop over to NYC for a quick shopping trip, you see. Flying apparently accounts for 18% of Switzerland's CO2-emissions, I just checked. Seems pretty significant to me!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Even if it's something like 20% in Switzerland, your cars are still much more significant, and much easier to address on population scale if humans weren't shitheads.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Well, you're preaching to the choir. I don't own a car, never will.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wengy posted:

Hey, it's something. But if you want to be cynics about it, have fun in California, I guess :shrug:

Also, I'm no fancy-pants climate egghead, but this stat is also dependent on countries. In Switzerland (and I'd guess in many other rich developed nations), Flugverkehr is a much more significant polluter - because people can afford to pop over to NYC for a quick shopping trip, you see. Flying apparently accounts for 18% of Switzerland's CO2-emissions, I just checked. Seems pretty significant to me!

Flying over to New York once or twice a year does not produce more emissions per person than driving that lovely expensive SUV over 12 months.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Culling the top 10% of industry that produce more than half the emission would be extremely more helpful than pissing on people using planes.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Even if it's something like 20% in Switzerland, your cars are still much more significant, and much easier to address on population scale if humans weren't shitheads.

Not flying is much easier to accomplish than not using a car.

For short trips (anything that takes less than a day by train basically), flying is the dirtiest way to go. For very long trips, flying actually causes less emissions than if you went by car or train. Not to mention that most people won't want to travel three days when they can also do it in six hours.

But consider that you don't actually have to go jet setting across the world constantly.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wengy posted:

Don't be nihilistic, we still have about 10 years to turn the ship around!!!!!! :(

Is that 10 years under the, in my opinion highly improbable, assumption that the United States of America will do a 180°? Because from where I'm standing, the United States will never come around, thus any savings me make, will just be gobbled up by the insatiable consumption beast that is America until we all drown and/or boil in the oceans.

And while this might be a surprsie due to my very pro American posting persona, I'm not feeling morally convinced for the rest of the world to cut back just so the Americans get another decade or so of unfettered consumption until the curtain falls.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Healbot posted:

Culling the top 10% of industry that produce more than half the emission would be extremely more helpful than pissing on people using planes.

Why not both? Jesus.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

pidan posted:

Not flying is much easier to accomplish than not using a car.
You're technically right, but only went as deep as you wanted to go.

When it comes to achieving the goals travel achieves, not using cars is muuuuch easier than not using a plane. Using a plane is only easier if you're willing to not actually accomplish your travel goal.

Edit: Also like, flying planes is utterly miserable. Unless you're super rich and can afford first class everytime, no significant part of the population likes flying, so the fliers have to have a quite high motivation to accomplish their travelling goals.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 5, 2019

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

You're technically right, but only went as deep as you wanted to go.

When it comes to achieving the goals travel achieves, not using cars is muuuuch easier than not using a plane. Using a plane is only easier if you're willing to not actually accomplish your travel goal.

Edit: Also like, flying planes is utterly miserable. Unless you're super rich and can afford first class everytime, no significant part of the population likes flying, so the fliers have to have a quite high motivation to accomplish their travelling goals.

See I hate flying and love overnight trains. So for me not flying and not driving are equally easy in most situations.

The worst thing about German trains are the groups of loud drunks that are inexplicably everywhere. Young men or pensioners of either gender, please party at home in your barn and be civilised on the train.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

pidan posted:

See I hate flying and love overnight trains. So for me not flying and not driving are equally easy in most situations.

The worst thing about German trains are the groups of loud drunks that are inexplicably everywhere. Young men or pensioners of either gender, please party at home in your barn and be civilised on the train.

So much this. Also, as a Pendler I hate our army assholes (their MArschbefehle also serve as train tickets, so they'll always marodier as a group)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

So what you're saying is you're either unemployed or bougie enough that you can afford to convert a 3 hour flight to a 3 day day trip without losing the opportunity to go at all.

Now try thinking like a normal person.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Also omg, now the loving both of you are whining that the ~wrong kind of people~ are using the transportation methods that protect the planet the most. Amazing.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Also omg, now the loving both of you are whining that the ~wrong kind of people~ are using the transportation methods that protect the planet the most. Amazing.

lol

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Long ago I got near maximum population in Sim City for the SNES by building up a huge, min-maxed city and then ripping out all the streets again and replacing them with rails. Reduced the air pollution by a huge amount. This looks like it could work in real life, too.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

So what you're saying is you're either unemployed or bougie enough that you can afford to convert a 3 hour flight to a 3 day day trip without losing the opportunity to go at all.

Now try thinking like a normal person.

I don't visit destinations that are three days' worth of train travel away, problem solved. Also, how loving hard is it not to be drunk / eating a Döner while riding the train? Apparently, very

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Wengy posted:

I don't visit destinations that are three days' worth of train travel away, problem solved. Also, how loving hard is it not to be drunk / eating a Döner while riding the train? Apparently, very

Look man, don't loving judge. It's not like only you suffer. Half of the Döner usually ends up in my lap and I can only do that like five times before I have to wash my jeans.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Libluini posted:

Long ago I got near maximum population in Sim City for the SNES by building up a huge, min-maxed city and then ripping out all the streets again and replacing them with rails. Reduced the air pollution by a huge amount. This looks like it could work in real life, too.

in Germany easily, due to population density of cities. in the USA they'd need to rebuild all of the suburbs and move people into apartments

Wengy posted:

do you know the term "gently caress you, got mine"?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The amount of train issues in this thread make me suspicious. It awfully sounds like y'all are Speckgürtel residents instead of living in the workers' quarters of large cities. :thermidor:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I live in a city, but have to pendel to another city.

Also lol, an actual FYGM position would be me buying an Erstklass-Generalabonnement (or Bahncard 100 if I were German) while looking down my nose at the Döner-wielding proles. Or flying to Thailand or wherever because the planet is going to poo poo anyway.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
IMO drunk Kegelmannschaften and Verspätungen are part of the Deutsche Bahn experience. Just accept it and your life will be much easier.

Though gently caress that guy who plopped himself down opposite me and slowly ate what looked like several Räucheraale mit Remoulade, that's pro tier trolling. Whole train kept looking at their crotches and awkwardly sniffing the air. I ended up switching wagons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Yes let us talk down and demonize other people about potentially contributing to 0.00645 of CO2 emissions and get bogged down into discussions about that rather than tackling the issue of generating almost half our energy by burning coal in TYOL 2019

seriously it's cool that people buy bamboo toothbrushes and all that (which are shipped in from other continents) in order to save the environment. but maybe the effort would be better spent to improve the source of 90% of our emissions rather than the remaining 10%.

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 5, 2019