Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm the goons not getting an incredibly obvious and old joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Snoo posted:

not my screenshot

kill me

I have literally read this joke in a Readers' Digest

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
'Joke' is an extremely generous word

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Straight white people: known for accurately identifying gays and muslims on sight

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I'm the gay man's dialogue written by a straight person who has never met a homosexual in real life.

I like the last line, but everything up to it is ridiculous.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

That's a kick rear end house in which poo poo didn't happen.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The TV placement is terrible. No matter what angle you look at it from that enormous table is going to obscure it. Nothing should be between the seating and a TV except a coffee table that people aren't going to use to play games on.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The TV placement is terrible. No matter what angle you look at it from that enormous table is going to obscure it. Nothing should be between the seating and a TV except a coffee table that people aren't going to use to play games on.

Also the corner behind it is going to be awkward to clean but also hella dusty, 10x so if they have pets

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Living rooms tend to be one of the worst places to put TVs in your house generally. Often too big for decent viewing distance, tend to have a ton of windows blasting light into the room, terrible acoustics for speakers (even more so if you use the TV speakers) and people tend to clutter them up with all their poo poo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It makes more sense when you realize how many people just leave the TV on for ambient noise and maybe glance at it once every ten minutes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

subpar anachronism posted:

I have literally read this joke in a Readers' Digest

When did it become ok to acknowledge homosexuality in Reader's Digest?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

When did it become ok to acknowledge homosexuality in Reader's Digest?

I assume it’s kosher if they’re the butt of the joke.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I assume it’s kosher if they’re the butt of the joke.

But the Muslim woman was the butt of the joke. At least, that's how I read it; maybe it read differently in the 90's.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm the goons not getting an incredibly obvious and old joke

quote:

joke
/dʒəʊk/
noun
1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
Looks like that post was missing key criteria

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I once asked directions from someone wearing a slightly-too-large bright yellow t-shirt in Ikea and I'd wager I wasn't the only one because who the gently caress wears a bright yellow plain t-shirt anyway? Welp that's my poo poo that happened. Insert the mandatory girl=Marilyn Einstein, clapping, visibly shaking, married, in fluent Swedish, etc. in appropriate places.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jerry Cotton posted:

I once asked directions from someone wearing a slightly-too-large bright yellow t-shirt in Ikea and I'd wager I wasn't the only one because who the gently caress wears a bright yellow plain t-shirt anyway? Welp that's my poo poo that happened. Insert the mandatory girl=Marilyn Einstein, clapping, visibly shaking, married, in fluent Swedish, etc. in appropriate places.

CHILLS.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PancakeTransmission posted:

Looks like that post was missing key criteria

Which criteria?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Which criteria?

All of them.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

So woke.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Doctor: But pink is a girl color!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

EVG posted:

So woke.

And the nurse? It was Albert Einstein... with a hook.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

EVG posted:

So woke.

I could definitely see a kid picking something hot pink because he’s seen breast cancer ribbons, especially if his parents are big supporters, but “there are no girl colors or boy colors” is not a child’s dialogue.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jurgan posted:

“there are no girl colors or boy colors” is not a child’s dialogue.

I've heard several kids say this. Kids pick up on and get really sanctimonious about poo poo like that. The stdh is everything else

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

According to my 5 year old son, pink is the color of ninjas who haven't unlocked their true potential yet #woke #blessed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If he's such a fan of breast cancer and equality, why is he dressed in grey, while the girl is in all pink? Checkmate feminismailures.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Paladinus posted:

If he's such a fan of breast cancer and equality, why is he dressed in grey, while the girl is in all pink? Checkmate feminismailures.

I’m skeptical that anyone’s a fan of breast cancer.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

bike tory posted:

I've heard several kids say this. Kids pick up on and get really sanctimonious about poo poo like that. The stdh is everything else
The kid wanted pink but the doctor screamed "YOU WILL BE GAY NOW" and the kid says "all kids are gay". Sometimes I love him anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate all the stdh of this theme because it’s just kids parroting what parents or teachers or someone told them, even if you take it as true. That’s what kids do, especially if they get praised for it! Your kid isn’t woke. Your kid isn’t a patriot. Your kid is a kid. Their political views are “pizza every day” and “abolish school”

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Their political views are “pizza every day” and “abolish school”

Hell, same.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jurgan posted:

I could definitely see a kid picking something hot pink because he’s seen breast cancer ribbons, especially if his parents are big supporters, but “there are no girl colors or boy colors” is not a child’s dialogue.

I think that must be in a book or on a show, because I’ve heard two kids of my acquaintance, one 10 and one 7, say that in those exact words.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's completely believable

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I buy cigarettes and whisky for my local crows.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That's why I don't believe it. A lot of stdh stories take a well-known fact (e.g. crows are smart) and turn it into a like/retweet-bait story because they are counting on people saying "well, it could happen". But my rule is that if it's on the internet, it's not true. Even if it is true.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

So you don't eat rear end?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Eating rear end is more like a state of mind, a spiritual thing, than an action if you really think about it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That stdh, a word which here means “a made-up story presented as true for nefarious purposes,” reads like some serious store brand Lemony Snicket, especially in the first line. You don’t sound cute or clever stdh writer!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Eating rear end is more like a state of mind, a spiritual thing, than an action if you really think about it.

Well, it is rear end eating season.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Stoatbringer posted:

Well, it is rear end eating season.

I can't get mad at this one, it's amusing and well written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Username/post combo of the year.

But also, incorrect. Eating rear end is definitely an action and lol if you're never tried it in TYOOL 2019.