Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
1) Buy the Iron Helmet for Bullwinkle
2) Try to save the Vermling, lynching is bad and Master Splinter should save a fellow Vermling.

Piell fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Piell posted:

1) Buy the Iron Iron Helmet for Bullwinkle
2) Try to save the Vermling, lynching is bad and Master Splinter should save a fellow Vermling.

This.

I expect it will end badly, but we are BIG drat HEROES.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fat Samurai posted:

This.

I expect it will end badly, but we are BIG drat HEROES.

Well, two of us are big, anyway. Master Splinter is rather diminutive.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Piell posted:

Try to save the Vermling, lynching is bad and Master Splinter should save a fellow Vermling.

This, of course. I'm pretty meh on the helmet, though. Maybe a donation from someone? Gotta get that ball rolling sometime.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I don't know how I always manage to do this, but in case it wasn't obvious there is an update at the end of the last page :doh:

Also, in case the screenshots are not easily readable for you, Reddit has an unofficial Gloomhaven Wiki that is spoiler free (unless you go snooping around or mouse over spoiler tags). All the Prosperity Level 1 items can be found here.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Piell posted:

1) Buy the Iron Helmet for Bullwinkle

Agreed on both of these.

As the next Vermling player I'm not letting one of my oppressed brothers get executed by the speciesist locals. He was probably falsely accused but even if he wasn't he was likely stealing to survive. gently caress these people. I will shank a bitch.

As you can probably tell I'm gonna role play Master Splinter, but not as the sensei of turtle teens we all remember. :)

A couple quick questions:
- Did we have any other options for scenarios other than scenario 2? I don't remember there being anything else other than a random scenario or replaying scenario 1.

- In my version of the game a Sanctuary donation only gets you 2 blessings. You listed 3. Is that a change in a newer version of the game?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's still 2 blessings.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Our only scenario options at this point are Barrow Lair, Clockwork Cove (side scenario gained from looting the chest in the Black Barrow), or re-doing the Black Barrow for shits'n'giggles. Or a random dungeon, technically. The thread chose Barrow Lair.

I'm fine with saving the vermling. Really I think Bullwinkle would be kind of indifferent, it's not an Inox being lynched (as if these puny humans could do so) and his personal quest has no bearing on it, but at least one of his companions seems to feel strongly about it so why not?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I vote:
Purchase Iron helmet for Bullwinkle
Option A in the City Event

Have Splinter donate 10g to the Sanctuary of the Great Oak

Since we're only ever going to be playing with 3 players, do we want to do something about donation scaling? Isaac has said if you're only doing 2 players you should check 2 boxes per donation, so maybe we could do something where after every 3 boxes we check a 4th one for free?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Our only scenario options at this point are Barrow Lair, Clockwork Cove (side scenario gained from looting the chest in the Black Barrow), or re-doing the Black Barrow for shits'n'giggles. Or a random dungeon, technically. The thread chose Barrow Lair.

I'm fine with saving the vermling. Really I think Bullwinkle would be kind of indifferent, it's not an Inox being lynched (as if these puny humans could do so) and his personal quest has no bearing on it, but at least one of his companions seems to feel strongly about it so why not?

I'm a moron and forgot about the random scenario that was unlocked :doh: I'm barely awake.

While I'm ok with Master Splinter donation to the Sanctuary, I vote to save gold for Boots of Striding. After that he's pretty set for a while on gear and could donate regularly until we unlock enhancements.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm a moron and forgot about the random scenario that was unlocked :doh: I'm barely awake.

While I'm ok with Master Splinter donation to the Sanctuary, I vote to save gold for Boots of Striding. After that he's pretty set for a while on gear and could donate regularly until we unlock enhancements.

I think Boots of Striding would be an excellent purchase for Splinter, but Rocky and Bullwinkle have already scooped up both copies in the shop. What would you think of Winged Boots instead? That would allow players to stop bringing Feedback Loop if they want.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

I think Boots of Striding would be an excellent purchase for Splinter, but Rocky and Bullwinkle have already scooped up both copies in the shop. What would you think of Winged Boots instead? That would allow players to stop bringing Feedback Loop if they want.

Ah crap I forgot they had them both. Feedback Loop owns and I will be taking it this scenario so I don't think the Winged Shoes are a good idea. I'd rather vote for donating to the Sanctuary.

This a boss scenario so those extra crit chances will be really nice.

In fact I would recommend that Rocky donate as well for the same reason.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 4, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Option A

I don't think Rocky should donate, as 16 gold is a huge aberration and he should be saving up for a pair of Goggles.

After he gets his Goggles, donating will get much better returns.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Yeah, it's too early to donate right now. Once we get an item or two more for everyone (and thin out decks a bit) then we can start donating.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

It's still 2 blessings.

Ops! I'll fix the number asap. E: fixed.

Reik posted:

Since we're only ever going to be playing with 3 players, do we want to do something about donation scaling? Isaac has said if you're only doing 2 players you should check 2 boxes per donation, so maybe we could do something where after every 3 boxes we check a 4th one for free?

At a glance the math seems to be:
- unlock after 5 donations for 2 players;
- unlock after 10 donations for 4 players;
So I guess the ideal unlock would be at 7.5 donations for 3 players. A 1 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 1 checkmark scheme would allow our party to unlock Envelope B at 8 donations.

I'd like to hear the thread general consensus on this before proceding, though. I'll also have a look online to see what the average opinion is.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 4, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
8 donations is fine with me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My group of 3 did 10 and it worked fine.

I'm totally okay with 8.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

quote:

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
Also, I have yet to hear confirmation from Zurai and archduke.iago (and I'll need the latter to send an email to gloomhavenlp@gmail.com with their preferred contact method). I've seen them both post itt, so I presume they'll come around soon :)

Sent you an email

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I think we should stick to 10 donations, there's no reason at all we're forced to have a party of 3. So I don't think we should gain a benefit from it. Also, IMO, for spoiler related reasons, the secret unlocks you gain from donations are more critical to get more quickly in 4 man parties. So I think that with 3 people 10 is still balanced. I could be totally wrong about this, but that's how I see it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I played as a 3 person group and didn't have a problem with 10, but I'm also fine with 8.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'm playing in a group with 4 consistent players and another couple inconsistent players and we still have trouble with getting 10 donations because I'm the only one who will donate! :argh:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management I, Update 2

We are going to save a rat (or die trying)!

City Event 27, resolution posted:

Party Reputation -1 (New score: +1)
Well, at least we're not monsters :colbert:
Option A has 2 potential outcomes: the first, better one, is conditional to the presence of certain heroes in the party - Spellweaver, Angry Face and Music Note. Since we don't have any of them in our midst, we were unable to use persuasion and the good people of Gloomhaven hate us a bit more for depriving them of a lynching by using force and intimidation

The only other City action there was enough consensus for is to buy an Iron Helmet for Bullwinkle, so we've got one!

Iron Helmet posted:

Bullwinkle -10g
Bullwinkle + Iron Helmet
Market Pool updated!

The Iron Helmet is a Head slot item that turns x2 critical hits against our hero into a much more manageable +0 attack modifiers.

I have now received confirmation by all 3 active players so it's time to leave once again for the wilds. To get to our current destination, we'll have to face a new Road Event first, though!

Road Event 2 posted:

Sample the local fauna, Y/N?
NOTE: a lot of the people voting in the LP probably have some experience playing Gloomhaven already and have seen several of the City/Road events already. If you have, you are still allowed to vote - just make sure you don't try to influence others or spoil the outcome before its revealed. Thank you! :)

Scenario 2 - Barrow Lair, Preamble

Barrow Lair is, as you might expect, located right next to the Black Barrow, in the Corpsewood. Gloomhaven's local tourist office has to really step up their game. We've also discovered Scenario 66's location so I've added its sticker to the World Map - you can see the Clockwork Cove on the coast, east of our current destination.

Introduction posted:

The stench of death and rotting flesh gets thicker as you kick past the corpses of your foes and head deeper into the underground burial site. Guided by the muffled sounds of conversation, you find your way through the maze of crypts and burst into a small room full of hard-faced bandits, all with bows at the ready.They’re clearly guarding something. You must be in the right place.

SCENARIO SPECIAL RULE: Add three CURSE cards to each character’s attack modifier deck as a scenario effect.
Goal: Kill the Bandit Commander and all revealed enemies.
Curse cards have the same effect of a NULL attack modifier - make the attack deal 0 damage. They are discarded once drawn.

Players can choose to deploy in any tile with a yellow LIGHT token.
The trap tiles in this room are Stun Traps; they deal no damage, but inflict the STUN condition on whoever triggers them.
The white on red "1" on the door tile in the southern wall (or similar ones with letters instead of numbers) means that there is going to be plot advancement and/or more mechanical effects whenever the players interact with the marked object.

A brief update on orders posted:

As per previous chat itt, we're going to do things a bit different for Scenario 2. Not only the difficulty level has been ramped up to "Normal" (AKA Party Level +0), but we're also going to test the 2-step orders system:
- STEP A: Players will be asked to provide their chosen cards and pick their initiative value; as per normal play, they can discuss among themselves itt, but they cannot give specific card names or numerical values during this phase. Deadline for STEP A is either 3AM EST on the day the update is posted OR whenever I get a response from all 3 players, whichever is faster.
- STEP B: I will reveal all the players's choices and the monsters's ability card(s) for that round. During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion, but ofc please keep it civil and no excessive backseat driving: the active players have the last word on what they want to do, as self destructive hilarious as it may be. Deadline for STEP B is 24h later than the update itself.
This system should ensure maximum agency to the players and give a better chance for everyone to participate in the tactical discussion; with the current breakdown, we should be able to dedicate more discussion time for the second step and have an update cycle of 1.5 to 2 days VS 1/day we had with the intent system.
We'll test this out and vote on what system to proceed with after Scenario 2.

Active Players, you should now have received a PM/email with a request for your starting positon and your round 1 cards/initiative! You've also receive detailed instructions on how to submit your orders.
Everyone, you can now VOTE on our Road Event outcome!

DEADLINE FOR STEP A IS 3AM EST (or whenever I get a valid response from all 3 players, whichever is faster!):getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 5, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Eat the berries

Nature provides, yo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Just a little tip on Stun traps for new players - If someone purposefully moves onto them, they are stunned for (basically) two turns - the rest of their current turn, and their next turn. If someone is forcefully moved onto a stun trap when it isn't their turn, they are only stunned until their next turn. This goes for all temporary conditions - they end on the character's next turn, so if it happens on that character's turn they are effected for that turn and the next turn.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Eat the Berries Also, at some point I would like to play especially since I chose Scoundrel first in my campaign and have hardly even seen Mindthief in action.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Chow down on some berries

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I never, ever eat berries.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I HUNGER to eat berries

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

DO NOT EAT THE BERRIES

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Eat the berries.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Eat the berries.

I'm Bullwinkle for this scenario. My intent for this round is to act very quickly and disable two of the archers while getting in among them to attact the attention of the third. I'll be using one of the traps (the one adjacent to two of them).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Eat berries

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
CONSUME.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Slaan posted:

I HUNGER to eat berries

You hunger to eat everything (I’m 2000 post behind on Diog’s thread, again)

Eat all the things

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Piell posted:

Just a little tip on Stun traps for new players - If someone purposefully moves onto them, they are stunned for (basically) two turns - the rest of their current turn, and their next turn. If someone is forcefully moved onto a stun trap when it isn't their turn, they are only stunned until their next turn. This goes for all temporary conditions - they end on the character's next turn, so if it happens on that character's turn they are effected for that turn and the next turn.

I believe the rulebook words it like this:
If you have a status effect on you at the beginning of your turn, when it is the end of your turn, that same status effect wears off (if it is a status effect that naturally wears off after 1 turn).
Which is exactly the same as what you said. Basically it works like summoning sickness in magic the gathering. If you stun an enemy for example, directly, it'll be stunned for 1 turn. If someone makes themselves invisible they're invisible for the rest of the current turn, and then additionally until the end of their own next turn. (So with a cloak of invisibility you'll want to go fast, then slow, which we've already seen somewhat in scenario 1). It's much more common to invisible yourself than to stun yourself, however of course, as you point out, stunning yourself works the same way.

In MTG terms an effect with duration 1, will need to pass through 1 upkeep phase, then during the next end of turn phase it will expire. If you're in an end of turn phase and are debating removing a 1 turn effect, just ask yourself if that effect was in place at the beginning of that character's turn or not. (My IRL party actually screwed this up many many times.)

Also I Vote B. Do not eat those berries.

namad fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 5, 2019

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Eat the obviously-poisonous berries.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
You guys are assholes :mad:

DO NOT EAT BERRIES!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Eat the berries

And keep in mind what they look like in case we run into more berries in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

malkav11 posted:

Eat the berries

And keep in mind what they look like in case we run into more berries in the future.

We will.