Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those little kids' foreheads worry me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ohhoe/status/1081314920526954496?s=19

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

kidcoelacanth posted:

How exactly does one trip on something approximately 1.5x their height

over the shoelaces, obviously

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Teenage boys/young men having big feet (or at least, wearing huge sneakers) is a fairly common comics trope for whatever reason. It shows up in Zits with a fair amount of regularity.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
idgi.

The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1985)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's an opossum and it's faking.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboRodent posted:

Replicants don't say beep beep.

She's an avid TF2 player. Blarpa barp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCClbsYOJM&hd=1

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Andertoons

Andertoons is seriously one of the most consistently funny comics I post. I love this poo poo.

It's good. I even like the weird art.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Fingerpori

Few years ago:
-Cigarette sales are plummeting!
-Our packages are boring and old-fashioned!
-My brother-in-law will create bold and colorful packages!
-Goodie!

In the year 28:
-Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!
-Jesus!
-Let Jesus cast!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

davidspackage posted:

Maybe put this in the OP

While we're at it, if you will forgive my terrible isolation job:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Rasputin is as graceful as a dying swan, or AGAIN with the machine guns!, or Corto takes a long swing off of a short rope

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
random Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
people always call Heathcliff a knockoff Garfield even though Heathcliff is an older strip

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 13, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 13, 1997)

Garfield Classic (June 13, 1987)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That one me a moment to get.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

snack eater posted:

people always call Heathcliff a knockoff Garfield even though Heathcliff is an older strip

Hydrox/Oreo.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Nancy
https://imgur.com/apVmrkk
(actually it's one of Mike Peters' political strips, but it's a Nancy & Sluggo joke.)

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/12/88

I wanted to pick up one more strip and I settled on Tarzan. I know it will have some problematic content, but I love the old adventure strips. The GoComics archives starts in media res with a 1971 story called "Cult of the Mahar" and I just can't get enough of these goofy looking evil psychic Pterosaurs from hollow earth. I mean, look at that face:

Anyway, I did find a source for the full story, so let's start at the beginning.

Tarzan

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is actually a decent, intelligible computoon but I'd bet money that Boyce is one of those people that thinks their cell phone signal or wifi comes from a satellite

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Is sitting next to coach guy and mocking his career this mans entire existence? I only vaguely follow Smirky Wankerbean, but I don't think I've ever seen him do anything else or interact with other characters. Is he supposed to be a metaphor for brain damage or depression or something? I mean, moreso than every character in it is.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

Nancy
https://imgur.com/apVmrkk
(actually it's one of Mike Peters' political strips, but it's a Nancy & Sluggo joke.)
I love it when I see a political cartoon and I straight up can't tell which side it's on. Is whoever this guy is in favor of trump or against him? Without information from outside the comic, :iiam:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's one of those t-shirts you get that smash pop culture together (because that's what modern politics counts as).

I suppose it's a bit [THING HAPPENED], but not significantly so for a politoon.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I'm the despicable, raunchy pasha, Pasha Ronchi.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

goatface posted:

It's one of those t-shirts you get that smash pop culture together (because that's what modern politics counts as).

I suppose it's a bit [THING HAPPENED], but not significantly so for a politoon.
Yeah but like, I assume the cartoonist is either for or against trump. But I can't tell which one. Is the last panel supposed to be considered a good thing, or a bad thing?

I can't loving tell, without more context it could be either one :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think it is meant to portray trump as an uncouth bully, but yeah, it’s using the same exact visual cues that a Trumpster would lionize.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2011 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Just a child getting casually strangled right there.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

X-rated language? I'm going to take this to mean that Jonah just starts screaming very sexual stuff when he gets bad news.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JethroMcB posted:

X-rated language? I'm going to take this to mean that Jonah just starts screaming very sexual stuff when he gets bad news.

Who doesn't?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Catellite posted:

Is sitting next to coach guy and mocking his career this mans entire existence? I only vaguely follow Smirky Wankerbean, but I don't think I've ever seen him do anything else or interact with other characters. Is he supposed to be a metaphor for brain damage or depression or something? I mean, moreso than every character in it is.
iirc, the bald guy is called Bull and does in fact have brain damage from his high school football days, and I think the other guy was a player on an opposing team from back then.

For those in need of context, Mike Peters is a liberal. That's not his best one by any means, but he does some decent political cartoons.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"Wait...you mean talk? To my husband?"

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I checked, and I'm sure someone here can confirm, but while Arizona gets some snow (including just recently over the new year), measurable snow in Phoenix is indeed rare (flurries less so). Therefore, I say Rex's statement that they don't get snow "like we have here" is accurate.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Glorified Scrivener posted:

I wanted to pick up one more strip and I settled on Tarzan. I know it will have some problematic content, but I love the old adventure strips. The GoComics archives starts in media res with a 1971 story called "Cult of the Mahar" and I just can't get enough of these goofy looking evil psychic Pterosaurs from hollow earth. I mean, look at that face:

Definitely looks better than the movie version.

Rhymes with Orange

Bravely Beating Up That Straw Man

Retail

No Stephen Collins today, sorry.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Nice.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
at which point should pros and cons be considered a political cartoon?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Guest writer Dark Side of the Horse.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Career ghosting" is becoming a thing now pretty much for this reason, and shockingly businesses aren't getting why the people they can let go with zero notice at any time are just leaving without giving notice.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

"Career ghosting" is becoming a thing now pretty much for this reason, and shockingly businesses aren't getting why the people they can let go with zero notice at any time are just leaving without giving notice.
Amazingly, demonstrating that you have absolutely no loyalty to your employees is a terrible way to get them to have any loyalty towards you! Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please stop posting pros and cons, it is bad and is just the rantings of a dumb idiot chud with no more redeeming qualities