Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My buddy has a stand for his Falcon that displays it similarly, except his is made out of black Technic like all the other UCS stands. I'll have to ask him where he found the instructions for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Is it this?
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#info

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are the mounting points for the legs accessible once it is built? I would just replace the legs with whatever stand you want to build.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

From Twitter today

I want it even more now

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

kensei posted:

From Twitter today

I want it even more now

It's a day 1 purchase for me.. Though I might do it online to not have to schlep it home from work.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's shots floating around of the backside too, it's not hollow. There's a couple little shops back there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ugh ugh ugh. Really trying to be a good boy and calm down the purchases. But how can I not buy that? How can I not?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsNxuBBh83p/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Video of it on instagram.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like Target finally stocked their shelves. Picked up the F40, the 488 and the endurance prototype creator set. I saw the bastion set and it's really huge, I'll probably grab it in a couple months. Assuming I get my GI Bill money with this shutdown.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm now watching a Bastion review on youtube. gently caress, now I am going to have to pick it up.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like Target finally stocked their shelves. Picked up the F40, the 488 and the endurance prototype creator set. I saw the bastion set and it's really huge, I'll probably grab it in a couple months. Assuming I get my GI Bill money with this shutdown.

VA is funded two years in advance. By the time it becomes an issue, we'll hopefully have a new President.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I missed the Exo suit during its production run.
Yesterday I found a set. Discounted too, because the box was slightly scuffed.
I just started building it and I'm very excited.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Got a unikitty blind bag (among a bigger frivolous lego purchase) and found out they greatly improved the neck design - it's one of those black stud-pin pieces that inserts into 1x3 with a flat bottom with a pinhole. Really easy to twist the head, or even touch it without it falling off. Just wish they had put in a spare 1x3 into the bag so I could replace my old unikitty's neck.

Kinda want to get more blind bags now since they're pretty cute, but just realized I can't really avoid duplicates with the feel tests.

Also really wish the Speed Champions Mini set was a touch cheaper. I know it's for the kids/playset design but I hate how many sets have all the extra track/garage bits that bloat the price a notch.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Speed champions mini is 20% off at target, and I won't be surprised if that set hits clearance quick. It's too expensive for what it is by $20 easy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Too bad I'm Canada. Even if the price worked out with shipping, it seems lego doesn't qualify for international shipping on target's website.

And yeah, it feels like it could be like 10$ cheaper. Wonder if the big 100$ sets weren't doing too well on the Speed Champions line but they still wanted to have a more pricey set and this is them splitting the difference.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product...ouncement_NA_US

Apocalypseburg.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

$300. I hope Fred Meyer carries it so I can abuse my wife's discount, but I doubt it.

Still going to buy it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Love it. Also deleted the tracking codes lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tracking codes?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Feels like I dodged a bullet but for whatever reason this set doesn't do much for me. It's the first big-dollar Ninjago set that I don't really want.

vvv e: maybe that has something to do with it :downs:

FBS fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 5, 2019

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

FBS posted:

Feels like I dodged a bullet but for whatever reason this set doesn't do much for me. It's the first big-dollar Ninjago set that I don't really want.

It's not a Ninjago set though?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Cojawfee posted:

Ditto here. At least a dozen Benny Space Squad on the shelf, along with everything else except Emmets Tri-Cycle. Picked up a BSS and the Escape Buggy.

Apocalypseburg is going a definite buy but I'm going to have to wait for the shutdown to be over plus a couple months.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As I stuck the last part on the Falcon a plate fell of the bottom and I realized I can't actually pick it up without 2 hands or flip is over anymore lol.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

veni veni veni posted:

As I stuck the last part on the Falcon a plate fell of the bottom and I realized I can't actually pick it up without 2 hands or flip is over anymore lol.

There's a graphic for how to lift it on the last page of the instructions

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only have 2 hands though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kensei posted:

From Twitter today

I want it even more now

Even more now... that it’s been photographed in a hip light-filled room?

;)

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hooray, now the price for a mostly-complete LM2 collection is over $900! And the minifigures are gonna add another $80...goddamn.

Oxyclean posted:

Got a unikitty blind bag (among a bigger frivolous lego purchase) and found out they greatly improved the neck design - it's one of those black stud-pin pieces that inserts into 1x3 with a flat bottom with a pinhole. Really easy to twist the head, or even touch it without it falling off. Just wish they had put in a spare 1x3 into the bag so I could replace my old unikitty's neck.

Kinda want to get more blind bags now since they're pretty cute, but just realized I can't really avoid duplicates with the feel tests.

I'm probably going to hit up Bricklink at some point to get the inverse 1x3 tiles-with-a-hole to upgrade older Unikitties. I need another spike-tail for my second SDCC unikitty face, too. As for the blind bags, I just bought a complete set on eBay for a reasonable price. Far, far better than actually blind-bagging it.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 5, 2019

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Luckily my LM2 budget is just Apocolypseburg and a few Benny's Space Squads thank goodness.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's probably gonna be a summer wave of new movie sets too!

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

The Exo suit is a fantastic kit, with extreme posability.

Except for the wrists, as they're not articulated at all.
So I decided to fix that.

It's a rather simple construction:

It works with the other kind of droid arm(?) shown beside it as well, but it'll be a few millimeters longer.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Tracking codes?

This crap on the end of the URL: ?CMP=EMC-VIP2019_01_04_Apocalypseburg_Announcement_EN_US&HQS=Hero_A_CTA_NA_EN&RRID=3168485362&RMID=VIP_2019_01_04_Apocalypseburg_Announcement_NA_US

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So my local Target has 10 BSS heading for it, and while the website shows it is in stock, they haven't gotten the shipment yet.

I did however find a cache of the birthday minifigs and so I finally have some of that series. :peanut:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Groetgaffel posted:

The Exo suit is a fantastic kit, with extreme posability.

Except for the wrists, as they're not articulated at all.
So I decided to fix that.

It's a rather simple construction:

It works with the other kind of droid arm(?) shown beside it as well, but it'll be a few millimeters longer.

ExoSuit is a badass set. I may get another.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Nth Doctor posted:

So my local Target has 10 BSS heading for it, and while the website shows it is in stock, they haven't gotten the shipment yet.

I ordered one from Amazon but then decided I couldn't wait and bought one at Walmart. Also grabbed the Emmet and Benny workshop because I'm a sucker for anything classic space.

Also a minor nitpick, I didn't know the new metal detector pieces don't have the hole/stud on the bottom. Kind of makes it a less functional piece.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 5, 2019

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Feenix posted:

ExoSuit is a badass set. I may get another.
It sure is. And posable wrists helps a ton in making characterful poses. Being able to actually pick something up from the ground is great. I'm very happy with my little modification.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Groetgaffel posted:

It sure is. And posable wrists helps a ton in making characterful poses. Being able to actually pick something up from the ground is great. I'm very happy with my little modification.

Yes. Thanks for the tip. I have one in my display case. I literally just grabbed 2 more MISB off BL. I may make some modifications (including yours!) <3

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Happy to have helped!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

F40 speed champions is good.

The dodges are amazing once a couple small mods are done like brick building headlights and grill for the hell cat. Neither one needs the stickers either. F40 does I feel I like the drag racing tree too.

They also look great parked out front of the corner garage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at the play photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at the play photo

That photo creeps me for so many reasons.